Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Functionality for attendees to review and rank events

I find myself wanting to gather (monitored) reviews from attendees of events my organization has. I've considered using forum, but so far not getting excited about that. Would like ranking stars or symbols.

anyone have some ideas?

Loving Wild Apricot!

Cathy

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Member database field with picture

We would like a multiple choice field where we can associate a different picture (credential logo) from our file to each item. When members attain the associated credential, the picture (logo) would come up on their profile. Currently, our workaround takes up extra memory as we add a new picture for every credential for each member.

Current Example:

Member #1 CRS Credential (upload CRS picture to member profile)

Member #2 CRS Credential (upload new CRS picture to member profile)

Member #3 CRS Credential (upload new CRS picture to member profile)

New example:

Multiple choice field with picture associated (from WA…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shortcut to send payment receipts from invoice details screen

After an invoice is paid, if we click on 'E-mail' it still generates an invoice asking for payment. Can this be changed to send a receipt instead?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlight lapsed members in event registration admin screens

Although a lapsed member is unable to register for member-only events online (this is good), the Event Manager or Administrator when adding an attendee manually (one who mails in a registration form for example) does not get any notification when adding an attendee that their membership has in fact lapsed, and they are not eligible for the event (this is bad!).

I had hoped to save all my Event Managers any extra work by telling them that when they entered the email address of the attendee, the system would not find them if they were not a current member. That…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customization of event list view - and persisence of selected view

It would be very helpful for administrators to have multiple options for viewing the Event list, including:
    * by date/time ascending (next event first)

* alphabetical by event name.

We're managing dozens of small events each year and need to have up to six months' worth of events listed at a time. This would help in reviewing/editing upcoming events and in copying lists of events to e-mail messages, HTML newsletters, and text documents. The current reverse chronological order of the list forces me to copy and paste each event individually in order to get them in chronological order.

It's also…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A Generic Directory Gadget

The one thing that I would wish for is a generic directory gadget to allow the creation of a resource for our members. e.g. a directory of useful links

I have tried to find a workaround for this but there does not seem to be any way to do it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to Remove "(USD)" Next to All Dollar Amounts, etc.

Greatly respecting our Canadian friends (and owners), nevertheless -

We are a local club in the U.S. It's unnecessary clutter for us to show (USD) next to every dollar amount.

Is the currency abbreviation shown for all other currencies? Surely it's unnecessary clutter to show (EUR) when € is displayed, or (GBP) in addition to £.

Could we please have a checkbox to remove the three letter designation?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add website URL to all emails from WA

This may seem like an odd request, but for those of us who design and manage multiple WA sites it can be a big deal. I am an administrator in probably dozens of WA websites, and sometimes I get emails from WA that say things like "Your Wild Apricot account..." or "upgrade your account..." or "...your website..." but nowhere in the email does it say which account/URL it's referring to. It's confusing.

I'd like to request that all emails from WA contain the account URL at the top of the email so that it is clear which one the email…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calendar picker when schedule event emails

When scheduling event emails, we have to provide a number of days before we want the email to go out. It was be more helpful to have a date picker so we don't have to count the number of days when we want to send out the email.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Invoice improvements

I'd like to see two changes to the invoice form:

1. allow changes to the item. the best way to do this would be to allow a pull-down so that the membership level (or whatever) can be changed. People do make those changes and this allows the change to be made easily and to have it connected to the financial transactions. Without this option, my experience has been that it's a convoluted process to change their membership level.

2. insert a quantity. Sometimes people want to renew for more than one year, and the invoice does not allow this.

How…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shopify Integration

Wondering if Shopify integration is on the table for the future. With Shopify's growing presence in the e-commerce space it seems to make perfect sense that Wild Apricot would integrate with the Shopify payments gateway...especially since Shopify is marketing to Associations, Not for Profits etc. and enticing them with special pricing.

Please consider integrating with Shopify payments. Thank you.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide details in public event view

We want the public to be able to know the date and title of the event but we want to restrict all other details to members only. Is this possible?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ELAVON

When we started with WA almost a year ago, we made it clear that it was important to us to be able to process C/C transactions and that our payment processor was Elavon. We were told that Elavon support was expected to be included in your next release, and this was a major factor in our decision to adopt WA.

As we now know, your solution was based on the use of CRE Secure as an intermediary. Unfortunately, at our relatively low transaction volumes, this solution would nearly double our C/C processing costs, which is not feasible.

On the basis…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Photo Gadget

Hi all. I would love to have a photo gadget on our home page, which shows the most recently added photo's to the photo gallery - similar to the forum gadget which shows the most recently updated forum topics. We have a lot of photo's on our site in different categories and it's hard for members to see when new photo's have been added unless they go looking in all the specific categories.

Thanks!

Cheers, Penny

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change Balance amount field into actual searchable amount

It would be VERY helpful if the "Balance amount" field were a Count type, allowing for search operators "Great than or equal", "Less than or equal", "Equal to" and "Not equal to".

I want to be able to select certain membership records based on the balance amount, and use that search as basis for email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. External LDAP support

Hi

We are using Wild Apricot to assist our session facilitators (approx 50) to publish details of their sessions/courses and enable online registration with the automatic collation of the registration information. The sessions we run are 99% in-house for a staff of approx 8,000.

Each staff member has a unique ID and is a member of our identity management system. We would love to be able to offer the Wild Apricot site as part of our single-sign-on offering by connecting it to our user directory, for example via SAML.

I don't believe this is available currently (if it is we…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ability to sort in the forum by last in first posted

Some observations from the field:

I understand WA is working on a major architectural back end redesign. Well appreciated.

And, I still think its one of the best non profit, membership-turnkey solutions out there..

At this point, I do have to speak up, and suggest you implore some of these real easy enhancements asap before we loose ground.

Easy stuff like having the ability to sort in the forum by last in first posted ? So common .. in fact in practice on WA forums. There are many other examples in this "wish list" that are easy, and logical.

While…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block Comments entirely/hide "add comment"

As I stated in the wishlist thread for Job Modules, I had originally hoped to use the blogs module to manage our jobs postings, since they're relatively infrequent, and since it has an RSS feed, but at the time it didn't look like the "Add Comment" could be shut off, and we definitely don't want comments with job posts.

I went back and revisited this, and when I switch all the possible visitor types to 'Read', the 'Add Comment' is still visible to the public. I can log in as a member, type out a comment, and click the button…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Searching by and reporting on invoiced/paid by area by person

I would like to be able to search by the amount a person has paid money to the organization, across the board: membership, event, donation, etc. Right now I can do it only by choosing membership and/or donation, but don't see how I can capture event payment info in the search criteria.

-AY

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Percentage of members renewing

Hi,

I need to know the percentage of members renewing. Member list tells me how many accounts have Renewal Overdue, but I need some context for that number. A raw number doesn't really tell me much, since I don't know if it 100 percent of existing members, or 5 percent.

Is there any easy way to obtain this number? I tried advanced search, but I couldn't figure out parameters that would show me active versus renewed versus overdue.

If there's not a way today, could this be added in to a future version of this? It's a valuable statistic to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base