Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Show restricted access page in menu but require password to access

Right now whatever you want to protect or restrict access to, you have to put it under a "Restricted Access" functional page.

And whatever that is in that page is invisible, unless you log in.

Two suggestions/wish list....

1. Capability to designate each page whether it is to be password protected or not, without putting it under a restricted functional page. Having to create pages under "Restricted Access" limits flexibility and intuitiveness in arranging the pages.

2. Have those password protected pages menus be visible, even without logging in, but require password to proceed any further.

Thanks.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Maintain cursor position switching to/from HTML view

If you wish to fine-tune something by switching to the HTML view while editing a page it is a major task to find the right place. Can you place the cursor in the same position when switching to/from the HTML view to make this easy?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Undelete

Ability to undelete anything that has been accidentally deleted.

The system needs to be robust, and this means ability to roll back accidental changes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Guest Registration - Need Variable Pricing Options

Dear Wild Apricot and Users,

I represent a small non-profit that uses WA to put on conferences with 80-100 exhibitors, 500 attendees and roughly $50,000 in sponsorship.

We need a variable pricing system for guest registrations, where say a range of guests for each registration type are one price and another range is another price. Such as: Guests 1-2 are free, but Guests 3+ are a given price.

This is why we need this service, from our perspective: At our conference, an exhibit booth comes with two registrations, but after that, we want people to pay $150 for additional registrants.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability for department managers to register multiple members and pay for them in one transaction.

I would like to see added the ability for department managers or administrators to register multiple members and pay for all of them in one transaction. It may be possible to add this feature to the group bundle administrator settings. Currently, the group bundle admin can add as many new members as the association allows for one price. Maybe instead of one price, the system would mulitply the number of members added and charge the admin accordingly. Any other admins out there looking for this kind of functionality?

We currently have a spreadsheet that a group admin can fill out…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to Search Custom Event Registration Fields

I would like to request that WA consider in future updates the ability to search and filter contact and event registrants via custom event registration fields. I am using WA to manage a large state conference and have our pre-conference sessions built into the event registration and would like to email just those people, but there is no way to filter those folks out without exporting to excel. This would make managing larger events with more complicated registrations easier.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Member group administrators / supervisors

How about giving individuals the ability to renew at different times within the bundle rather than all at the same time? With flexible status, renewal dates and individual payment ability etc.. Would make our setup much more manageable that way... We have members in every county across the province, where different rates are charged in different counties. We would like to have 11 administrators across the province who can admin their own regions (bundles). That way all admins wouldn't have to see every email from every new or renewing member. We could make regional folks bundle admins with the members…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Half year application fee

Hi,

Not sure how this can be done. Our social club year runs April 1st-March 31st. Members joining between January 1st and March 31st pay a half year fee.

Is it possible to set up a defined $x fee (not pro-rated, a fixed fee) for the period of January 1st March 31st? At this point, members joining in today have an outstanding balance of $2x, a full year fee.

Thanks a lot,

Nicole

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make the email user interface consistent on all pages where one can compose and send an email

The email interface is inconsistent on some pages. All pages that have the ability to compose and send an email should have exactly the same interface. They should all provide the ability to use the same editor, use macros, and provide the ability to test, save, and send the email.

This is currently not the case.For example, in the Finances area, within an invoice, you have the ability to create an email to send to the member but this page has only a "Send email" and "Cancel" button. There is no "Preview and send", "Test-email", of "Save and close" (create…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Member Log-in Pop-Up

It would be awesome if we could have a pop-up message to appear when members log in. For example, we would like for existing members to update their profile upon logging in. I don't want it to display everytime they log in so we would need to be able to control how often or when it displays.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to post past events

It would be really cool if WA could have a gadget that could present the recent past events, much like there is a gadget to present upcoming events. That would help major for what we are doing.

• jl
    11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change setup of recurring payment for membership levels - Allow member to choose if he wants to pay recurring or not

For membership fees, recurrent credit card billing (ie., auto-renewal) doesn't work the way it does in every other subscription management system. Instead of having two payment options on the membership form (or in my case, since I have five membership levels, TEN payment options), the member should select a level and then be provided an option at the next step (like the manual payment versus online election) that allows the person to select recurrent auto billing. The way you have it set up, its basically unusable (IMHO)

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. multiple choice with extra cost - needs more mgmt options

We would find "multiple choice with extra cost" much more useful if it had a few more features. We find we always need capacity and the ability to close a multiple choice option without deleting it. We hold an annual conference with many extra choices for social events and luncheons at extra costs. We run into WA problems for example when In the last days leading up to the event, we have to close some of the multiple choice items(caterer needs last head count), but we can still take general event registrations. Or, we may have an offsite tour and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrectmacroname} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. need different receipt for membership/event

It appears that we have 2 customizable receipts:

Payment receipt

Donation receipt

However, we would like to give different wording on receipts for membership versus events. Our memberships are tax deductible, so we need to include our non-profit, tax deductible blurb on that receipt. But it could be confusing for someone who pays for a class, as those payments are not tax deductible. Any chance for help on this?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. purging document and pictures files

It would be very useful if there were some way to tell if a particular document or picture in our WA database is linked to something on a page somewhere on our site. I'm sure we have pictures and documents which were used at one time but are not used now. I'd like to get rid of them. Would use less space and make the management easier.

Thanks.

GEM

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. would like Renewal date to move forward to payment date

As currently configured, a member who renews during the grace period retains the same renewal date, incremented by the membership period (1 year in our case). But if they are lapsed, the renewal date bumps forward to the payment date + 1 year.

We would like to have all overdue and lapsed renewals bump forward to the date they pay. This is an issue for us because we are generous with giving people a fairly long grace period (60 days). It seems unfair that someone who renews 59 days late still has the same renewal date the next year, but…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to schedule follow-up event email to attendees

I would like the ability to be able to schedule a follow-up email to all attendees of an event when the event is built.

We send out a customer satisfaction survey to all overnight/fly trip participants, and it would be great to just pre-load these in the event as we do Reminder emails and other customized event emails so they can go out consistently a few days after the event is over.

Currently there is no way to schedule a customized email to go out automatically AFTER the event is over.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Officer Designations

I would love to have some sort of "officer" designation capability. I use WA for three(!) nonprofits I'm involved with, each of which has volunteer officers. I've adjusted a few things and made all kinds of workarounds, but if there was a way to assign an officer position to a member, it would simplify many of our processes. Things this could help:

An "officer" directory that is automatic (even if it had to be created through a saved search). My current workaround is to either 1) do a plain web page and list members, updating their info as it changes,…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base