Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Tax (HST) on Extra Charges as an Option

We have a situation where we need to charge HST on our club membership fee but not on a required pass through fee from an umbrella organization. It is a required fee for members. Currently it is implemented as an extra charge but there is no control over its tax status ie applying a tax. In this case there is no HST applied to the $35.00 fee but there is for our club membership fee.

Can you suggest a work around?

It would be great to have the extra charges fields have an option to apply taxes or not.

4 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MikeSMikeS shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My issue is exporting to Quickbooks. It does not breakout the HST separately so I have to manually go in and change the invoice anyway so what good is the export to QB's

• Christiane KingsburyChristiane Kingsbury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are the same issue. Plus for Québec, GST and PST are charged only for residents of the province. All other registrants only pay the GST. Membership dues however, are based on province of residence. So we really need to be able to choose different tax rates and rules for membership and event registrations.

• Jake GreshukJake Greshuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we have the same issue. Membership fees attract HST, but our mandatory Insurance fee does not. This is a very big issue for us. WE really would like to be able to which extras get charged tax.

Is there a workaround yet???

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No workaround yet, sorry. For automatic invoices (like event registration invoices) taxes are always calculated for the whole invoice.

I see the problem and will add this into our analysis queue, but this will take awhile as we are now busy with other changes.

I would be glad to here from others on this problem. Probably, there are other cases to consider.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7