Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Date/time stamping for member internal notes.

Hi, Good morning!

There are always multiple opportunities to create internal notes on a members account, following contact or interaction with a member - just as you might do with CRM and contact management software.

These notes relate directly to the members account, including contact and support provided to the member. It is extremely important to have an internal notes section that includes simple time-stamping, display and tracking abilities. The current implementation of lumping them all together into a memo field has been cumbersome and time-consuming to manage. The ability to keep and track effective notes is essential to any…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Separate billing contact for event registration

I suggest adding another email field in the contact profile for the Accounts Payable. Often the contact who is registering is not in billing and if the registrant does not pay by credit card then then the A/P staff does not know they owe money b/c the contact does not forward the confirmation invoice via email. This is especially cumbersome with multiple employees in one company.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More Renewal Emails

Love most of the functionality of Wild Apricot.

In reading many sources, a lot of which are provided by Wild Apricot, I note that organizations that have a renewal rate over 80% typically have a never-ending cycle of renewal messages that go out - they start 30 days after someone renews their membership.

I would like to be able to have more than the minimal number of membership renewal emails that are possible now - is it 3 or 4, I don't recall at this second. It would be really good to have 10 renewal emails available.

Thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom metadata for events pages

I run 3-4 events a week and autopost these to FaceBook using the events page RSS and Twitterfeed. It works a treat except that the posts contain the same blurb and a title which I'm not too happy about (you can see what I mean here: https://www.facebook.com/MySocialCircle )

Is it possible, to customise the title for the event details pages? It seems to read as "organisation name - event title" as the page title, and the blurb appears to come from the events calendar page description meta tag.

Is it possible to change the description metadata dynamically (to take details…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Income Forecast Report

I just started using Wild Apricot and was looking for an Income Forecast report that will look at upcoming renewals and will report on this.

This will allow for better budgeting.

Maybe even a yearly graph so we can see which months we will not see much income from renewals.
    This would allow us to focus our efforts on this month to help smooth out cashflow over the entire year.

I hope this makes it into the next release as it seems like a simple report, all the information is already in the system.

Thanks

David

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Admin login to user account

I've had numerous opportunities recently to resolve event registration and payment issues with clients.

I deal with non-member contacts and with members at a dozen different membership levels whose memberships are in various states of completion or default. I have to try to explain to them how to navigate the system without having any real clue as to what they are seeing. Every now and again someone supplies their password and I can log in as they do only to find a world very different from what I expected.

Can you please provide us with a way to see the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allowing a non-member to be the bundle admin

It would be very handy if a non-member could be assigned as the 'bundle admin' for a bundle membership. For example I have a law association that has individual and corporate levels.

Many of the corporate level members would prefer if invoices and communications were sent to a different contact rather then one of the members in the bundle (such as an admin or accounting person).

Very often, an admin staff member is tasked to keep the bundle members profiles up to date and coordinate the payment of dues. Again, my situation may be not be the norm as it…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Backup and Restore

Ability to restore records, posts and pages to some previous version.

Ability to role back unintentional changes is imperative.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show Refunds with the Event

Currently, if you click on Finances, then Payments and Refunds, you can see refunds issued for a cancelled event registration (i.e., through PayPal). But, there is a also Payment and Refunds tab under the Financials of the actual event, which shows nothing (please see attached image). This is very confusing. Shouldn't my Refunds also show under the actual event? (Click Events, select event, click Financials, click Payments and Refunds tab?)

WA says they don't appear because, once you cancel the Registration, it deletes the invoice, so it has no data to find and show. WELL..... what if you didn't delete…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Managing Rejected Applicantions

My organization has certain criteria for membership. We are rejecting applicants that do not qualify. I would love to be able to:
    * Setup automated rejection emails. The system currently does not support this, which means, for every applicant I reject, I need to manually send the rejection email.

• Track rejected applications. It would be great if this is available on the dashboard and using Advanced Searched. I would like to be able to monitor the number of applicants from month to month, and how many of those turn into members and how many get rejected.
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Validate e-mail addresses

Member registration does not validate emails. This is an extra concern for sites like ours where members can join for free. Anyone can make up an email address, or worse impersonate someone else. Once an email is used, it cannot be used by another person, even if the first person is not the owner of the address and the second person is.

Please consider adding an email validation check that sends an email and requires the applicant to use a code that was emailed (or click a link).

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple invoice templates

I search the forum, but I can't find anything regarding my situation...so I am posting it here. If there is a similar post and you can point me towards it, I would be greatful.

I guess my first question would be - can we create more than one invoice template? I have a template set up for new members and existing members who renew. This all works fine as I have the {Payment_Instructions} set up so that they make sense for these types of invoices. The instructions thank them for their membership payment and goes through some other 'membership' specific…

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Joining Fees, dynamic pricing and membership upgrades

When a dynamic pricing field has been added to membership fields to act as a one-off joining fee, this should not appear if a member upgrades from one level to another.

Furthermore it would make much more sense to add a one-off joining fee to the membership level itself and have check boxes to determine if it is on new application only or also on renewal and also when member changes level. Simple and easy to administer.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sending test emails to manually defined email addresses

Currently when working with email drafts it is possible to send a test email to check how it looks, make sure links work correctly etc.
    This email goes to the email address you logged in as, it would be very useful for this to be selectable so I could send it to a few people (manually entered every time, let's not get complicated here). Some like the way the Constant Contact preview facility allows test emails to be sent would be perfect.

Regards,
    Ian
    worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    http://www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Discount Coupon Codes Reporting

We are using discount coupon codes both to drive attendance at events and to drive membership. Our marketing model incentivizes the sales reps who call on our target audience to sell our events and memberships. When someone uses that rep's code, they get an incentive payment.

Currently the only way to track who used a given code is to manually open each code and report on it. This becomes quite burdensome with 40 or 50 sales reps involved.

We would request an upgrade that consolidates the reporting for these -- either:

1. A discount coupon report that shows the member name,…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. External LDAP support

Hi

We are using Wild Apricot to assist our session facilitators (approx 50) to publish details of their sessions/courses and enable online registration with the automatic collation of the registration information. The sessions we run are 99% in-house for a staff of approx 8,000.

Each staff member has a unique ID and is a member of our identity management system. We would love to be able to offer the Wild Apricot site as part of our single-sign-on offering by connecting it to our user directory, for example via SAML.

I don't believe this is available currently (if it is we…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to followup on email recipients that did not open or click

My wishlist item:

The result I want is a segmented recipient list that allows me to, for example, send a follow-up message to those who clicked on a certain link or those who didn't open the email the first time.

Right now, I can download the saved list from members/contacts then manually mark opens and clicks as I find them in the email log. I can't download the recipient list from the email log including opens & clicks, though. That would make this easier. Even better would be the ability to segment the list from within the email log where…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base