Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3364 results found

1. Access to income report detail/Drill down reports

When I create a monthly income report, I get aggregate figures for events and membership types. I would like to be able to create a monthly report, and then be able to see all the transactions that went into that report. I don't find a way to do that. I CAN get a list of transactions for a certain time period, but that screen is limited to 50 per page. A very annoying limitation. I would like to see them all, and have them in a searchable file, which I could also download.

Mark Rougeux

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Event attendance comparison report

Hello All.

The organization that I set WA up for has multiple events each week, month, year. They are looking for a way to easily capture the number of registrations and compare them over the month/year.

The feature that I would like to see is an option to select an event name (our events have a relatively standard naming system) and compare the attendance of each event that was held over a definable period of time.

It would be nice to also be able to see a list of attendees, which could be sortable/searchable by the number of times the…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Complex price calculation

Calculation fields - big need! We need the simple variety, such as ordering shirts, and more complex ones, like this:

select arrival day
    select departure day
    select housing upgrade
    final price = # daysrate + # daysupgrade rate

Right now to collect this data we have two fields, one with 6 options and one with 12 options, and they have to be manually reviewed to make sure they match up. We could put them into one field, but then it turns into about 24 options.

It would be a relatively simple calculation if the system had that ability.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Member renewal terms with arbitrary number of months - e.g. pay by term or sport season

It would be great if the membership levels included the ability to allow arbitrary membership periods such as 1 month, 2 months, 7 months, etc. Currently it's rather restricted. This capability would make it easier to manage temporary memberships open to the public I believe.

Furthermore, the ability to set renewals to any number of fixed times would be very flexible and once again make temporary memberships easier to manage. For example, 2 month memberships renewable 2 times.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tracking and setting a termination date for unpaid event registrations

I would love to see a feature that would allow you to set an unpaid registration cancellation date. For instance, "(Member) your event registration will be cancelled if left unpaid more than ( _) days." For an employee to keep track of this is a headache. For your system to keep track of this is it's probably a few lines of new code.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automate finding duplicate contact/member records

Is it possible to have a "check for duplicates" button? The only way I've been able to find them is to manually scan the contact list one by one, transfer info, and archive and delete the dupe.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. emails in log should display text as-sent, not macros

I've noticed that after certain changes (deletion of an invoice, or merging of contacts for example), the text of the associated e-mails in the log changes to reflect the change made in the database. It would be much more helpful for us to see the actual text, as-sent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inactivity auto logout

I would like to have an option to set a timeout value for users that will cause a logout after inactivity. One way to implement this would be to add a checkbox to the login form fields to be checked when using public computers. It would also be nice for an administrator to be able to set the maximum autologout timeout value.

We would like to have some terminals set up for day-of-event registration use by members. If users don't remember to logout, you have people accessing the accounts of others.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have Address field type - e.g. to auto fill city based on ZIP or to validate address

Is it possible to have someone put information in one field of their contact record and then have that information automatically fill in another field?

For example, on our website we are asking for City and ZIP code. Considering how poorly some folks spell the name of their location, I have a drop-down listing of all the cities/towns in WA state. I also have the ZIP code that is assigned to that city. I'd like people to enter only their ZIP code and then have the website automatically enter the name of the city based upon that ZIP code.

I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe the best way to address this is to have Address as a special type of field which gives a set of fields to fill in. Admin then can have many addresses (like Home, Work, etc.) for contacts and the system will know how to handle this kind of field – including convenient data entry with converting ZIP into City, etc.
    I renamed the idea to have Address in title

10. Hide a menu link from header when member is logged it

I am wanting to customize the header navigation when a member logs in. Basically my customer has a tab that says "Why Join". They would like for that to vanish when logged in. This will allow for the navigation not to wrap or cause other issues in the navigation

I am wondering if Wild Apricot has 2 header files or any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Conversion of large websites into WA

I would tell anyone with big websites that the conversion is the most difficult part of going to Wild Apricot, especially when there is need to convert many pages. The conversion process was quite painful. We had php pages with very simple and clean html code. Our subcontractor apparently copied and pasted from the displayed webpage instead. This resulted in poor conversion of links and images. Where we had had had a central repository folder for all the images on the old website, we ended up after the conversion having images attached separately to each page and in many cases…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Different membership renewal reminders for auto-renewal

I would love to be able to send a different reminder email for those members who are set up for automatic renewal. I get a lot of negative feedback from members who are getting the three reminder emails regarding their membership when they are set up for automatic renewal. I do put text in bold to disregard the message if they are set up for automatic renewals, but it doesn't really seem to penetrate. I would like to see a different email that I could send to them; something like, "Your membership is set up to automatically renew in two…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Redesigning setup of Common vs Membership Fields

It would simplify setting the database up if all fields were in one list, and "Common" was an option of the field. A simple check-box - "show this field on all forms" or something like that. It would reduce the churn if you wanted to change a field, and would just make things less complicated.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photo Gadget

Hi all. I would love to have a photo gadget on our home page, which shows the most recently added photo's to the photo gallery - similar to the forum gadget which shows the most recently updated forum topics. We have a lot of photo's on our site in different categories and it's hard for members to see when new photo's have been added unless they go looking in all the specific categories.

Thanks!

Cheers, Penny

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to change event registration to another person from the same company

I am not sure how many others face this, but we often run into situations where I need to update an event attendee record - i.e., change the name and email address of the attendee if the organization needs to substitute someone for the originally-registered attendee. The invoice does not update with the new individual's information so when we send invoices out, they are inaccurate. It would be very helpful if the invoicing and event registration systems could be integrated to allow us to make updates to the invoice as well. Thank you for your consideration!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Credit Memo for Invoice

Can this be done?

We have an event - it's cost is $450. member signs up, invoice is produced and the member pays $450. - nice and clean

Then, for a host of reasons, the cost is reduced at a later date by $80 and a refund check is issued. I want to issue a credit memo for the $80 so the member has this on their account and then we record the refund check issued and the account is back in balance.

The net revenue for this event is $370.

How can we do this?

Thank you in advance,

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make registration closing date visible

It would be great if the closing date for events could be listed along with the other event registration details.

This would help create a sense of urgency (maybe) and hopefully encourage people to register for events sooner.

I realise that this could be added i the description field for each registration type as a workaround, but given it is possible to set when a registration type is available until, that it is published automatically.

Or better yet, as part of the "enable registrations" field, there is the option to add a closing date so that registrations for all types…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. No Way to Easily Send Emails to Non-Registrants of Events

There currently appears to be no easy way to send on-the-fly emails to non-registered contacts and members for a specific event.

If you go to the "Events > View event details" page, there is a button at the top of the page labeled "Email attendees". There should also be a button labeled "Email non-attendees" but there currently is not.

If you instead, attempt to accomplish this by clicking on the Event details "Emails" link below the buttons at the top of the page, and then click on the Send again button under one of the Announcement preset emails (Announcement 1,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to Report Membership Income by Membership Year

Our finacial reports require disclosure of dues paid for future membership years based on membership expiration (e.g., renewal) date. Many of our members pay dues for several years into the future. It would be great if there were an option on the income report to show either the summary totals by membership year or optionally list the detail along with the total.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Functionality for attendees to review and rank events

I find myself wanting to gather (monitored) reviews from attendees of events my organization has. I've considered using forum, but so far not getting excited about that. Would like ranking stars or symbols.

anyone have some ideas?

Loving Wild Apricot!

Cathy

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)