Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

We have members in different countries (US, Canada, Europe, and beyond);

It would be helpful, if the system accepted multiple currencies (at least USD, CAD and Euro).

26 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

bahram.zahir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • AdminApricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Robin, let me answer as a Product Manager of Wild Apricot.

First of all,
        thank you for being active contributor into Wishlist forum. I can see that you have supported over 100 ideas for several last years. I (and all of us in Wild Apricot) appreciate feedback form customers as this helps us in further product planning, analysis and design.

I understand your position. Everyone wants (including me) to have their ideas implanted as fast as possible, not after several years. I wish we can do this, but goes to the next point.

Wishlist forum has over 2000 open ideas in the Wishlist forum (and over 30K users) and this particular one has (only) 25 votes. Why I say "only"? We have about 200 other ideas with more votes than this particular one. We need to prioritize somehow. Number of votes is on of the key metrics in the prioritization - but not the only one, see next point.

Wishlist is a great source of customer feedback, but this is not the only source of our product prioritization. We have our own business plans (e.g. business growth), other feedback channels (e.g. Support), security requirements (e.g. PCI DSS, GDPR), infrastructure works (hosting, code deployments, performance), decreasing tech debt (refactoring of code) and so on. All these requires some kind of balance and resource planning. We are paying attention to Wishlist and user votes contribute a lot into prioritization, but not just it.

I looked into suggestions that you voted for over time and I can see that we have closed a number of them over time - which means we are working on it. For example:
        - Prioritize Test Emails Ahead of "Final" Email Blasts
        - Allow secondary/alternate emails for members
        - Restricted access to documents and images (member only files)
        - Registrant to view and change his event registrations
        - RSVP - Simplified event registration
        - Generating membership cards and certificates
        Some more are in progress right now:
        - Membership Trends Reporting
        - Polls
        - Uploading documents and photos in forum and blog posts
        - Mapping location of members
        Altogether, last year we closed about 1500 of votes on the wishlist (mostly top voted requests). We're paying attention to the forum and making progress over it.

we do not share dates on purpose. Long time ago we were promising some releases dates but our expectations were always breaking. Situation changes all the time - people come and go, development can stuck at some unforeseen issues, a feature takes longer than expected and we see other opportunities. There is a lot of operational hidden activities that influence the end results that we decided not to promise at all.
        My (our) position is simple: Wild Apricot is what it is now and it provides what it provides. We are committed to improve it over time, but this is a bonus, an extra thing. We won't be promising any dates and won't commit to anything. Instead, we openly share where we are and if we started working on something, we change status as "Work in progress" and it tells the world that at some point we may release it. "May" because situation can change and it can go back to backlog (postponed).

So, in short, this is not something we're going to have in 2018.

Robin, I do no want to seem rude and forgive me if I sound like one. As I said, I appreciate your active contribution and we do have progress over ideas that you voted for. But product prioritization is a sophisticated thing and we cannot give any promises.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Oleg,

So you are not planning on doing this in 'the nearest future'.
        Exactly what does that represent in terms of months or years? It is really a very vague answer.

You have as I read the above status 'Collecting Comments' been in this status since July 12, 2015. That is about 2 years 7 months now.

In all fairness to your customers, I would have expected that by now you have some idea of how to do this, the effort and cost to implement.

I feel that overall for all requirements from your customers that the feedback from Wild Apricot in respect of progress and possible availability is very poor. We never hear anything about when enhancements might be implemented until they suddenly get announced as available.

As part of a multi chapter group (Canada, USA, UK, Israel and South Africa) this is a key factor for us to expand the use of Wild Apricot across about 30 chapters.

• dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big problem! We're putting on an event in Toronto and our members are REALLY upset that they are being asked to pay in USD for an event priced in CAD. Certainly, there has to be a workaround. This is nonsense. How can this not have been fixed in the last three years???

• Mary Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're getting interest from Canada and Australia. It would be a bummer to have to segregate these members and events on another website just because of this currency issue....

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to support members in different countries, need the capability to set membership rates for different levels in different currencies. Also need to be able to select currencies for each event. Related to this, need to be able to associate a different PayPal account for online payments for each member level and event. Maybe even different payment processor.

• Monique van Berkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important aspect in my decision for a Membership Platform. Any idea if and when this may offered? Could there be multiple payment pages and the Member could choose to purchase in currency of choice. Right now the exchange rate for Canadians to do business in USD is crazy. What alternate solutions could you suggest.

• Dwaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I host events in different countries I would love to be able to flip the currency choice on my event without changing the whole site or having to use other pay buttons and loose the lovely features you offer for events

• James Kerich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree this is a huge gap in Wild Apricot capacity. However I also can see how that would be a major overhaul in programming that is probably way beyond what Wild Apricot can handle. Perhaps a small fix that wouldn't be as difficult is just making the currency field free flowing and the user just defines that they are using EUROS or CAD so that the product can be marketed to foreign users. For sure EUROs is a major one Wild Apricot should address.

• Kharman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well! We are a global organization, with as many members in Europe as in the US. It would be very helpful to have multiple currencies. It's very difficult for either our members or ourselves to process payments using only US dollars.

Please consider doing this soon!

• Sarah Tibbetts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have members around the world and currently charge some customers in euros and some in GB pounds. In future we may also need to charge in different currencies. In order to set up automatic invoicing we would have to set up different membership levels some with fees in pounds and some in euros. Currently this is not possible so we will have to do all invoices manually. This is a significant additional workload.

• batguano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same for my organization except members limited to United States and Canada. Recent strength of US dollar versus Canadian and other world currencies makes multi -currency support even more important. At the moment it's not even on the wishlist. Please add and get to it as soon as other priorities permit.

Feedback and Knowledge Base