Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mandatory email in Bundle Memberships

When a person is added to a bundle membership, I want to make it mandatory that there be an email address.

Without the email address, I see no way for that person to be able to logon.

I understand that it used to be mandatory and that the decision was made to change that.

If nothing else, the end user/site admin should have the option to make it mandatory.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize text for unsubscribe options shown on member profile page

We'd like to be able to customize our unsubscribe messages. When a member unsubscribes to our mailings, we feel the options are a little confusing to our members. Being able to add a simple line or two about how these options relate to our specific club would be great.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PayPal Standard limitations on WA

PayPal now offers many new options on it's site. For example, a basic subscription can have a duration (12 months for example). For an extra fee they also offer Installment payments and automatic billing (which is quite different than subscriptions) which would be great for our sponsorships which have a high dollar value. But WA hasn't changed it's software to reflect these new options and allow us to utilize them.

Can these options, in full or part, be added through the code? I know PayPal has the ability to add them through API but I can't tell how to make…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Importing: skip existing contacts

Would be very nice to have an option to ignore existing contacts when importing, rather than allowing records to be updated. So that only unrecognised end up being created as new contacts. This is important when importing from lists where the quality of personal information data might not be as good as what already pre-exists in the database. (Esp for people who are members).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add report on event payments by tender [9008]

I'd like to rename the thread, or perhaps it should be a separate thread?

Enhance Payment Report to separately total Manual Payments and On Line Payments as it did before

Or perhaps it's a separate thread --- the more I think about this, the more anxious I'm getting about our event management with this new report! This is going to make our event reconciliations much harder for our event managers. The old Payment report immediately displayed the total dollars paid via check (manual), and made sense to the event managers. Manual payments are all the event managers are responsible for…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Send automatic emails for manual admin actions

This is a relatively minor request but something I find to be a workflow pain. As an admin, when I add a new member to the database the new member activation email does not automatically get sent out to the new member if I set their status to 'Active' initially. I have to add the member in two steps to get the email to go out -- first add them as 'pending', save it, then either go back into their record and record receipt of their payment or change their status from 'pending' to 'active' to trigger the email.

It…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Renaming buttons on the forum for replies and new threads

I have noticed that every time my forum users start a brand-new topic, they do so by adding it as a comment to a previous topic. I'm sure this is because the New Comment button is the only one they see as they are reading through the forum (unless they go back a page, which they don't know to do).

I would really like have a New Topic button on that page, too. I'd also like the "New Comment" button changed to Post Response which I think makes more sense to users.

Thanks! -Bradley

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Members to use marketing tools on their profile page - web stats, custom URL, etc.

Our premium level members are looking for a better set of tools, essentially to use their profile pages as a marketing tool, to make membership more value-added. For example, they are used to higher end features available from http://psychologytoday.com . Obviously, this is not as high end a system, but for a wish list, and to make paid membership a value, these desired features are very relevant.

Member requests:

--custom URL's allowing us to list the member name in the url--or some automated option to do so, without having to manually create a redirecting page for everyone.

--SEO

--web stats:…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select records by email engagement stats - e.g. percentage of emails opened

I'd like to be able to list some subset of members and include a summary of their email activity in the listing. In other words, I search on active members in a geographic area and want to know how many of them have opened at least 25% of their emails. The only way that I know to do that is to tediously access each member's record and click on "Email settings and log" and then write down "74 sent, 43 opened, 18 clicked". Since the system tracks this statistic, is there any way to list it in a search result.…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide ability to delete manual email blasts from the log

So far I am very impressed with the WildApricot CMS, it's features and usability.
    But I feel that the built in Email Log is lacking some features:

1) Function to delete individual entries from the log (Administrator only)
    2) Function to clear the email log for individual categories (Administrator only)
    3) Function to clear the entire email log (Administrator only)

An added advantage would be if the administrator could assign privileges to other users for deleting entries/clearing the email log(s)

Also relating to the email log, it would be advantageous if the log entries would display the date/time when an…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AutoResponders for new members

How about the idea of automated responses when someone signs up to become a member. Right now there is no opt-in, no "thank you" message, no nothing.

Ideally, I'd like to setup a series of e-mails that go out at a certain frequency to new members (unless they opt-out).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Gadget to show recently updated pages

Current behavior:
    users have no way of knowing which webpages have been recently updated - unless administrator manually creates a page informing them of updates.

Desired behavior:
    Some kind of module/widget which can be inserted onto any page and which dynamically would show most recent updates.

Notes:
    1) ideally track which pages users has already seen.
    2)What's the best way to show updates? Simplest idea: Top 10 mostrecently updated pages. For each page - show page name, date updatedand user who updated it (probably show this only to logged in members,not to the public)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Treat Membership Application Consistently for Public, Member and Bundlee

Our membership application page displays information about membership. It would be useful for members to be able to view the information on the page, and to be able to show it to someone else without logging out.

But logged-in maxed out bundle administrators can't view any of the content on a page containing the Membership Application gadget. All they see is a message about the bundle being full.

If a bundle member views the page, at least they can see the content and they get a coherent error message "You are already a member." But there is useful information in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Event Registration to NOT create invoice

We are not using the financial components of WA and do not want event registration to create an invoice.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No Way to Easily Send Emails to Non-Registrants of Events

There currently appears to be no easy way to send on-the-fly emails to non-registered contacts and members for a specific event.

If you go to the "Events > View event details" page, there is a button at the top of the page labeled "Email attendees". There should also be a button labeled "Email non-attendees" but there currently is not.

If you instead, attempt to accomplish this by clicking on the Event details "Emails" link below the buttons at the top of the page, and then click on the Send again button under one of the Announcement preset emails (Announcement 1,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Renewal Emails

Love most of the functionality of Wild Apricot.

In reading many sources, a lot of which are provided by Wild Apricot, I note that organizations that have a renewal rate over 80% typically have a never-ending cycle of renewal messages that go out - they start 30 days after someone renews their membership.

I would like to be able to have more than the minimal number of membership renewal emails that are possible now - is it 3 or 4, I don't recall at this second. It would be really good to have 10 renewal emails available.

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Order forum summary other than alphabetical

When using multiple forums, the forums are listed in the summary in alphabetical order. I would like my discussion forum users to see the forums in an order that I choose, not alphabetical. I would also like to leave the forum names as is, instead of re-naming with a prefix to get the correct order.

For example, I would like my users to see the "Rules" forum at the top of the forum summary and my "Everything Else" forum to appear at the bottom. Currently they appear within my forum summary where "R" and "E" fall in the alphabet.

Thanks!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More flexible groups/bundles

More flexible groups/bundles. Need to be able to create groups of members with different membership levels and have an administrator for that group (read only or edit selectable) who is not responsible for financial transactions.

Parent Booster USA currently has four membership levels germane to this discussion:

Basic -- $195 to join, $95 to renew
    Get Legal -- $295 to join, $95 to renew
    Get Legal, Stay Legal -- $495 to join $395 to renew
    School Administrator -- Free, but with limited benefits

I need to be able to set up groups of members containing members at each membership level.…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Gadget to display member images (logos/pictures)

I would like to be able to insert a widget-like window on any page, or in the header/footer area, that would scroll the logo images from member records.

The window would simply scroll the logos as links to the member. Ideally, administrators could provide a title for the box (ie "Our Members" etc.). Adding search capabilities would allow us to create different scolling sets as well (ie one box could be all members, another could be based on location - state, province, city etc.)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New field type - rich text formatting

It would be a nice feature to allow the members to bold, underline, italicize and make list using this word processing control for thier descriptions.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base