Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Slack Oauth integration

Slack https://slack.com is taking the world by storm on community building. You may have heard of how easy it is to participate in a real time discussion, with easy to use collab tools. It's killing email, they say.

Slack has OAuth v2 support. Wild Apricot has Oauth support. How about single signon support for Slack from WA?

This would make it really easy to add collab groups to an existing WA community and extend Wild Apricot's functionality to run meetings, projects and other collaborative, geographically distributed projects all through Slack.

Why not? Please +1 this if you think this is a good idea.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AlexSirota shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Freshly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are some ideas and things I wouldn't mind having the ability to do:

--Currently, I have system emails sent to slack channels so that I can pass the information on to my executive teams across chapters to respond to items in their chapters. If there was an app integration, I would love to have easy to manage notifications of a new member, renewals, etc.

--Single Sign-on would be great

--We are discussing having the slack community open to members in the future for ways to create masterminds, community discussions, etc. If there was a way to have an 'add-on' fee within WA for a member to add $10/month to be a part of slack that would be cool - with more people on slack I would have to start paying for users to keep data.

--I host zoom meetings for members doing training and could easily have that all managed through slack to start and continue the discussion with members who register for those classes. I could add a join slack channel of some kind via the registration emails/reminders. Now I just have a link to the zoom call to jump on at the time.

That's all I got right now - will add more if it comes up.

• Terra LeMay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any movement on this idea? Our members are currently using an unofficial Slack group to communicate with each other. Integrating this with a single sign-on would be much better.

• Jason Freshly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates? I have 2 WA sites I'll be admin on and both will be using slack for communication amongst the board members. It would be great to have easy to set up features

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have all of our members able to participate in slack chats without having to sign up for a separate service. An easy way to do member-only chatrooms would be awesome as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base