Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Member Billing Contact

Many member accounts need a seperate billing email to get the renewal notices and event invoices. Is there someway to add a seperate field for billing contact name and email? Or a second person who gets notified of invoices and financial notices?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Family/child memberships

We are providing a web site for our cub parents and scouts and scout parents and we find we have say 2 parents and their 2 children as 4 members, but the parents and children share a family address, the younger children do not have their own address nor do mothers or fathers want the children to have gmail addresses or things like that, so allowing multiple members with one email address would be an improvement for us. A username and password of their choosing preferable to one WA generate.

The situation also arrises where parents would like email to…

206 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Late Fees on Renewals

Currently:
    Memberships that renew have a renewal date associated with them. If the member has not initiated the renewal after the date, automatic actions can take place, such as changing the membership status, etc. Actions can progress over days: for example at 7 days the membership might change status to Pending Renewal, and at 14 days be archived.

Proprosed:
    Along with these changes, a "overdue fee" could be added as an extra cost fee. Depending on how much time has passed since the registration date, the admin could choose to apply this charge as a flat amount. For example, if…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Renewal discount when renewing for several years

My club, The Carp Anglers Group, offers one year membership for $25. Before we used WA, we managed our membership with checks in the mail and an excel spreadsheet. We accepted $25 for one year, but offered a discount if a member joined for 3 years- $65 instead of 75.

The only way to replicate this currently in WA is with more levels. That won't work for us. We have levels of membership already set up for USA, Mexico, Canada, and an E-membership. Adding 2 more levels to each of these would be very difficult, plus then I could not…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make all images in Member Directory same width and height.

Hello, is there code that can resize all images in the Member Directory? My images all seem to be of different width and height. I would like to have them all the same size. It would look a lot cleaner. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Zip code or address radius search for member directory

I am currently evaluating Wild Apricot for use with a specific database and I would like to be able for public visitors to use the Advanced search to look for:

Members "within" "x" miles of "zip code" or "address"

This feature would allow visitors to find people near their location and not just in a specific zip code. It's better to put in the address and find closest locations because it's more specific than the zip code. I think this feature would greatly enhance the ability for people to use this software for other databases. Like for me, I do…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to lock key fields to admin changes only

I'd like to request that the following fields have the ability to be locked and cannot be changed, except by an administrator:

First & Last Name
    Email Address
    Company Name

We are having a problem with people leaving their firms and either A) changing the company name and email to the new information (although the company is not in our industry and does not qualify for membership), B) changing the company name and email to the new information (although it was a firm membership and was "owned" by thier old company), C) the person who replaced them at their old…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Indicating in member directory which members have photo albums

Would be nice to have a way to put a link on the member's directory entry. Right now, the only way other members would know there was an album is to open each profile - and that's not going to happen with our members.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tracking message sent to registered members from visitors

"Send Message" feature is great feature that we requested for about a year and we eventually got it this August. Thanks very much for that!

Now we are looking for an additional feature to that:

We really want to track how many visitors ahve sent message to our registered members - we want to track the lead that our website generated to our members - a number to attract more new members for sure.

When visitors send message to the member, we would like to receive a copy of the message - it's that simple.

We think most of WA…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Purchase of concurrent subscriptions e.g. have members on multiple levels

Create an option to allow a member to maintain two or more concurrent subscriptions for a paticular site. This is useful if you running a site and selling a subscriptions for information.

An exmaple of this is that I run a site that sells repair information. A customer signs up and then can choose to signup for Automotive Repair for $50 or Airplane Repair for $100 or both for $150. We need to keep the infromation and forums seperate and only limited to the actual subscribers.

My understanding that we can only have levels of a paticular membership, not concurrent…

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For me personally, this a great suggestion and I’ve been thinking about it for long time myself. Ideally, I’d really like completely redesign our membership levels to concurrent subscriptions model. Subscription gives you access to some information or provide privileges. There can be multiple ways of buying it – e.g. for a year or two, recurring or not, etc. Altogether, subscription-based model is very robust and easy to understand. Please, vote!

12. Ability to use date range for date-type fields

The database column "Renewal Date last Changed" is essential when we need to send out membership cards and other new member items.

I produce member cards twice a month - once for the first half and then for the last half of the month. Any time on or after the 16th of the month I extract all those with a renewal date of the 1st thru the 15th and then after the first I extract all those with a renewal dated of the 16th thru the 31st.

Given the current tools, this is a tricky selection that requires two criteria…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to limit Group Participation field access by membership level

When editing membership fields, we cannot set the membership levels that the "Groups" field applies to. We can edit any other membership field of type text, and we can say it applies to certain membership levels only, but not for the field that has groups. We have a new membership level that is for "Friends" of our organization, and they are not eligible to join groups. We don't want to mislead them. What to do?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide reporting on member logins

I'd like to have the ability to get more data on recent logins. Currently, the dashboard displays "most active members" but I think a "recently active members" feature is equally if not more useful. I'd also like to be able to see more than just the top 5 results for these categories.

I think this would be beneficial for monitoring campaigns or promotions. Right now we are trying to get members to use the features of our new site or just log in at all, so if we put together a promotional email, for instance, "The top 5 things you…

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Free trial period for membership

I would like to offer a free trial access period for all payment levels. Rather like Wild Apricot does, but not necessarily for 30 days. Paypal offer this delayed action payment and it works very well. You can choose how long the free trial period is, and then the payment automatically kicks in.

Asking people for money upfront puts a lot of people off.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged multiple thread into this one. Please, vote (click Vote button) to increase its priority

16. Provide ability to set group join policy by each group

I keep wanting to love Wild Apricot. But time after time I run into limitations that truly make no sense to me. I am glad that WA instituted some other way than Member Level to limit access to Restricted Pages. That was way too limiting. But the way Groups work to limit access is an all or nothing affair because of the way Group Participation works.

Let's start off with an example of various groups you might have in a HOA: Board Member, Volunteer Group, Newsletter, Swim Team, Tennis, etc. Now let's say that you want a restricted page for…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send automatic emails for manual admin actions

This is a relatively minor request but something I find to be a workflow pain. As an admin, when I add a new member to the database the new member activation email does not automatically get sent out to the new member if I set their status to 'Active' initially. I have to add the member in two steps to get the email to go out -- first add them as 'pending', save it, then either go back into their record and record receipt of their payment or change their status from 'pending' to 'active' to trigger the email.

It…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy membership levels or copy settings to other levels

Hi,

As an admin, I would appreciate to be able to duplicate existing membership levels instead of starting from scratch. This will ease the work for example if you have 3 levels (child, adult, senior) which share absolutely all the same parameters except for the price.

PS: I apoligize if this is already open, I just couldn't find it. I also apologize if this is possible, but I haven't yet found how.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Updated title to reflect that it’s not just about levels copying – which is about adding new levels, but also about copying of (some) settings from one level to some or all others

19. Make Member Since field available in Member Directory

See note below. Our members would benefit to learn when everyone become part of our organization. It offers continuity and a since of longevity. I contemplated just creating a field, but that was too easy, so I decided to add this to the wishlist to see if others agree and it would save me the time to create the field and maintain it since it is already a system fields. Do all of you agree?

Albert,

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to show the Member since system field in the member directory http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+directory . If you could post this…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve interface for adding people into Groups

When you go into membership settings - group managment - manage participants -

You can pick a group you want to edit the participant for that group. You have two lists on the left hand side you have the list of participants for that group, on the right hand side you have a list of all members so you can quickly add new members to be participants of that group. All good.

My suggestion is to have a drop down box with a list of data base fields above the right hand box (all members list) then you can pick…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base