Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

367 results found

1. Yearly Committee sign up need

Hi. My organization has committees that change every year. We used google docs to allow people to sign up but some had trouble. I created a sign up on our new WA site but it's not working properly. Is it possible to allow us to create A committee signup list for our members?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. option to easily unsubscribe from all emails

When people hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email, it would be good, as a checkbox option on the page they land on, to allow them to unsubscribe from all emails, not just newsletters. I suspect some of our contacts will not be happy if they still receive event notifications when they intended to unsubscribe fully. I don't think that one should ask them to login to do this (from their full profile). At present, we will need to manually check for these people and remove them from other mailings.

PS. It would also be good if…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to set specific sending time for automatic event emails

I would like to have the ability to modify the event notification email reminder time. As currently designed, the notification goes into the queue 30 minutes before meeting time. This doesn't mean it goes out at that time so members are getting the email 9-12 minutes after that, whichi gives a 20 minute notice. The reason we put an event reminder on the day of the event is so people don't forget it and ensure it's part of their daily schedule. This 20 minute notice does not do that especially considering our meetings go out to members across the community…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add ability to apply default email change to selected membership types

Current behavior:
    Updating "Default" Emails is an all-or-nothing prospect. You can apply the updates to none of the existing membership types or all of them.

Desired behavior:
    Allow option to apply changes to multiple selected membership types (Most likely via checkbox selection.)

Scenario:
    I have five membership types, and I need to change the membership renewal email in three of those membership levels. As the system currently stands, I have to customize the email at each of the three membership level setup screens. It would be preferable to go to the "Default Emails" screen, make the needed changes, and have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More Renewal Emails

Love most of the functionality of Wild Apricot.

In reading many sources, a lot of which are provided by Wild Apricot, I note that organizations that have a renewal rate over 80% typically have a never-ending cycle of renewal messages that go out - they start 30 days after someone renews their membership.

I would like to be able to have more than the minimal number of membership renewal emails that are possible now - is it 3 or 4, I don't recall at this second. It would be really good to have 10 renewal emails available.

Thanks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sending test emails to manually defined email addresses

Currently when working with email drafts it is possible to send a test email to check how it looks, make sure links work correctly etc.
    This email goes to the email address you logged in as, it would be very useful for this to be selectable so I could send it to a few people (manually entered every time, let's not get complicated here). Some like the way the Constant Contact preview facility allows test emails to be sent would be perfect.

Regards,
    Ian
    worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    http://www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to followup on email recipients that did not open or click

My wishlist item:

The result I want is a segmented recipient list that allows me to, for example, send a follow-up message to those who clicked on a certain link or those who didn't open the email the first time.

Right now, I can download the saved list from members/contacts then manually mark opens and clicks as I find them in the email log. I can't download the recipient list from the email log including opens & clicks, though. That would make this easier. Even better would be the ability to segment the list from within the email log where…

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make the email user interface consistent on all pages where one can compose and send an email

The email interface is inconsistent on some pages. All pages that have the ability to compose and send an email should have exactly the same interface. They should all provide the ability to use the same editor, use macros, and provide the ability to test, save, and send the email.

This is currently not the case.For example, in the Finances area, within an invoice, you have the ability to create an email to send to the member but this page has only a "Send email" and "Cancel" button. There is no "Preview and send", "Test-email", of "Save and close" (create…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrectmacroname} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide ability to delete manual email blasts from the log

So far I am very impressed with the WildApricot CMS, it's features and usability.
    But I feel that the built in Email Log is lacking some features:

1) Function to delete individual entries from the log (Administrator only)
    2) Function to clear the email log for individual categories (Administrator only)
    3) Function to clear the entire email log (Administrator only)

An added advantage would be if the administrator could assign privileges to other users for deleting entries/clearing the email log(s)

Also relating to the email log, it would be advantageous if the log entries would display the date/time when an…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create NEWSLETTER from Web Pages

After I add/update the web pages, I would like to extract the data to create a NEWSLETTER and send it in a BLAST EMAIL to our MEMBERS. It would be Great if a MACRO was created where I could insert a list of URL NAMES that would be sent with the Email and opened when the Recipient opens the Email. This would save much duplicate work of manually creating the NEWSLETTER.

It is IMPORTANT that I can select the URLs since every web page is NOT updated every month.

I suspect that many other administrators would also appreciate this feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email macro for Organization Contact Name

It would be good to be able to specify an "Organization Contact Name" under Settings->Organization details. The "Organization Contact Name" could then be a macro that could be incorporated into emails to members, so that we could say something like: "If you have any questions, please contact {Organization Contact Name} at {Organization Contact Email}." It is nice to be able to let people know who they will be contacting -- it's not so nice just to give them an email address to contact without a name. Of course, we can write a person's name into each email without a macro,…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatic web archive of email blasts

Our membership would like the ability to see archived e-blasts sent to "All" members. In our membership model, all members are "equal." I could see this further broken down by Group, e.g., members belonging to Board group could view archive message sent to their group; e-blast sent to "all" members could be view by "all" members, etc. Also, having the ability to show messages sent within a certain time period, e.g., messages sent within the last 6 months (rather than messages archived forever).

Even better, have the ability to search e-blast message text by keywords much like the forums. The…

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access Guest information in macros

We register members and guests for our events. We need to get to all of the guest information easily online in WA without having to export it for manipulation.

How come there is no macro for [EventField_All} for guest registrations? Right now all we can do is get to guest price, name, and price.

We need to send our members confirmations of their event registrations that include a lot of detailed information. The members need all of this information for the guests, too.

Evelyn

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase the number of scheduled event announcements

I agree! The per event scheduling is a great feature BUT it would be nice to schedule an email blast for all the events on a schedule.

We use our website for our training events and members are receiving 6 - 10 notifications a month. Even though they love our training events they do not like receiving individual notifications.

Any chance that this will be in a future release?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Universal Email Footer

Need more info in footer when sending email blasts. CAN-SPAM requires a valid physical address.

Good -- Allow editing of the default footer that is added to all email blasts.

Better -- Allow editing, and saving, of multiple footers that can be chosen from, and added, by name, to each email blast as it is created and sent.

Best -- Allow editing of a default footer that is saved with all saved searches. Then, when a saved search is used to send an email blast, the footer saved and sent with it can be edited, and re-saved.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inserting Gadgets in eMails like upcoming events or recent blog posts

Very glad to see the gadget feature just introduced.

Is it possible to insert the gadgets into emails generated through WA? This would be great for newsletters etc. and would save us the need to use a separate service to read RSS feeds etc. We could then start to consolidate our mailing list into WA as contacts (more $$ for you guys!)

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom macros for email blasts

Currently
    Some organizations have positions like president, vice president, treasurer etc who are used int he signature lines of emails. The holders of these positions might change frequently (annually). This means that someone might have to be responsible to go through all emails and change them so that the name of the new person is used as the signature.

Proposal
    Give administrators the ability to create custom macros. These would be then be assigned a value as part of configuring the macro. Admin could then define what types of emails these should be available to (Membership, Events, All etc). When…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customize text for unsubscribe options shown on member profile page

We'd like to be able to customize our unsubscribe messages. When a member unsubscribes to our mailings, we feel the options are a little confusing to our members. Being able to add a simple line or two about how these options relate to our specific club would be great.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Queued for delivery: frustrating

why is my email still queued for delivery?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base