Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Automatic web archive of email blasts

Our membership would like the ability to see archived e-blasts sent to "All" members. In our membership model, all members are "equal." I could see this further broken down by Group, e.g., members belonging to Board group could view archive message sent to their group; e-blast sent to "all" members could be view by "all" members, etc. Also, having the ability to show messages sent within a certain time period, e.g., messages sent within the last 6 months (rather than messages archived forever).

Even better, have the ability to search e-blast message text by keywords much like the forums. The search results would need to take into account whether the member searching is authorized to see say Board messages. It might be easier to simply offer search for messages sent to "all" members.

I am guessing another function page devoted to e-blast archive viewing/searching would be necessary.

PBGVone
* * * PBGV's rule * * *

64 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PBGVonePBGVone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    National Slate AssociationNational Slate Association shared a merged idea: create pdf of email newsletter  ·   · 
    heyjoe.hereheyjoe.here shared a merged idea: Saving eMail Newsletters  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Archive a newsletter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Being able to create a pdf newsletter from an email template.  ·   · 
    TeriTeri shared a merged idea: URL to share for each Email Blast  ·   · 
    AmyAmy shared a merged idea: Online viewing of emails  ·   · 

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott RubelScott Rubel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This only makes sense. I receive other newsletters with a button at the bottom that makes it so you can view the newsletter as a web page.

• National Slate AssociationNational Slate Association commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or create a link so that an external website can link to the newsletter. I'd like to archive newsletters on our website or link from our website to the WA template

• heyjoe.hereheyjoe.here commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a way to take my email newsletters, creating on one of your templates, and be able to save it for later printing and / or emailing without the automatic page breaks. It breaks in all the oddest spaces making it almost useless as an archived copy.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to save a copy of my newsletter as a pdf, or similar, an have it be an exact copy? When I do so now, it adds a lot of white space, or it removes colors, etc. I often need them for reference, or to mail out to someone who does not or cannot use email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do a monthly email template but can not send it to those that are not on our email list. I would like to be able to make the template newsletter into a pdf so we can attach it to our business email.

• TeriTeri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All other email blast services have a "share this email" button that opens a link to the email's own URL. This way people can share the email with others who aren't on the email list -- on FB, for example. This would widen the reach of the email and be a benefit for publicity sake.

• AmyAmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable viewing of emails online- for organisation newsletters it would be good to be able to view these online and share with others, as well as sending them to all members.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that automatically archiving emails to HTMl in a web page is needed. Many HTML emails I get from organizations have a "Having trouble viewing - click here" link at the top. Would be great to have an option to archive the page and add that link to the emails.

• RoobarbRoobarb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this. Almost every modern email system archives the email in HTML format and archives automatically.

It is a commonly requested feature, and is part of our existing email system.

• Sharon GrahamSharon Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to have an archive of emails so that our members could see them. We also had this previously with MailChimp.

• annshiannshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an automatic archive of email newsletters sent out would be fantastic! mailchimp stores a copy on the cloud for you, and also has code that automatically makes a list of the previously sent emails. this would be very good functionality to have.

• SharynSharyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you store these in a Members Forum, so new members can access the previous editions

Sharyn

• CDRwebmasterCDRwebmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to vote for this please!

We had web archiving of mass mail at our old site and it was useful for new/potential members to see what happens within our club

• Heart of America Japan America SocietyHeart of America Japan America Society commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We send out bi-monthly newsletters to our members, and would like this feature for archiving purposes as well (preferably in pdf form). Has there been any progress on this feature? The work-around is ok, but I'd be nice to have a built in feature. This discussion is a bit old, would there be a newer place to follow the progress of this feature?

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this feature is still in our development queue, I can suggest a workaround. It's very easy, actually.
        * Once you done with your newsletter template - I mean when you're ready to email it, just click HTML button in the panel and copy everything from there.
        * Next, create a new page in your site and while in edit mode, again click HTML and paste everything there, close the dialog.
        * Then you will have to remove all macros from the text (as they are for email version only) - delete them or substitute with corresponding text (manually). Do not forget to delete Unsubscribe link in the end and probably copyright footer. Also teaser in the header.
        * Save the page.
        * Optionally, you can change page settings and specify friendly URL for this particular newsletter.
        * Then you can open your ready-to-send newsletter and add the link to the page into email (using standard Add Link feature from editor - select the page you created).
        * Email You can create a dedicated page in the site - called Archive - and add all consequent newsletters as subpages. I think this workaround might work well in your case.

• Prakash LauferPrakash Laufer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 4 clients (Infant Massage USA), Economic Democracy Collaborative, Ananda Marga Yoga Teacher Training & The Path of Bliss.

I set up all 4 this year and for all of these organizations the ability to archive email newsletters would be a big plus. IMUSA has already been asking for this as they have used Constant Contact for years!

- Prakash Laufer

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7