Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Provide ability to delete manual email blasts from the log

So far I am very impressed with the WildApricot CMS, it's features and usability.
But I feel that the built in Email Log is lacking some features:

1) Function to delete individual entries from the log (Administrator only)
2) Function to clear the email log for individual categories (Administrator only)
3) Function to clear the entire email log (Administrator only)

An added advantage would be if the administrator could assign privileges to other users for deleting entries/clearing the email log(s)

Also relating to the email log, it would be advantageous if the log entries would display the date/time when an email was opened and a link was clicked.

These simple additions would improve what is already a great system.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mgruenmgruen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarthaMartha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this would be a nice housekeeping feature. When you use the log frequently to track messages etc, it takes more time than necessary to scroll through the log, skipping over old system messages like "password reset".

Martha

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is important, just to keep a clean house.
        Even the test emails created in setting up are cluttered, and unpleasant.

The ability to delete records of all sorts should be available to administrators.

• SuzanneHSVSuzanneHSV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like the ability to delete entries from the email log. I am particularly interested in being able to delete the automatic emails from the log. We already get a copy of the email in our administrators email account and have this email account forwarded to other officers in the organization to be sure that we do not miss important activity.

We do want to be able to find and use manual e-blasts as a basis for creating new e-blasts along with using email template to create e-blasts.

I am concerned that storing all the emails in the email log will somehow negatively impact our storage space on the WA servers.

• Dmitry ButerinDmitry Buterin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank for your posting. I would appreciate if you could elaborate - why do you consider these features necessary/how they would be typically used.

About your second note - can you please create a separate thread for this? We focus each thread on one enhancement so that it can be properly discussed/prioritized.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7