Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Agreement/Contract Acceptance or Digital Signature

It would be great if there was some way to embed an agreement button (that would record a time stamp and IP address) or digital signature into emails so we can ensure that our members "sign" a membership contract each year. This is particularly important for annual renewals, since the renewal process is much different than the initial application process.

Alternatively, if there were some way to create an online contract that included an agreement or digital signature ability, that would be great too.

Currently, the terms and conditions field doesn't allow you to customize the language to each member.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gadget to show recently updated pages

Current behavior:
    users have no way of knowing which webpages have been recently updated - unless administrator manually creates a page informing them of updates.

Desired behavior:
    Some kind of module/widget which can be inserted onto any page and which dynamically would show most recent updates.

Notes:
    1) ideally track which pages users has already seen.
    2)What's the best way to show updates? Simplest idea: Top 10 mostrecently updated pages. For each page - show page name, date updatedand user who updated it (probably show this only to logged in members,not to the public)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Treat Membership Application Consistently for Public, Member and Bundlee

Our membership application page displays information about membership. It would be useful for members to be able to view the information on the page, and to be able to show it to someone else without logging out.

But logged-in maxed out bundle administrators can't view any of the content on a page containing the Membership Application gadget. All they see is a message about the bundle being full.

If a bundle member views the page, at least they can see the content and they get a coherent error message "You are already a member." But there is useful information in…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Event Registration to NOT create invoice

We are not using the financial components of WA and do not want event registration to create an invoice.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Way to Easily Send Emails to Non-Registrants of Events

There currently appears to be no easy way to send on-the-fly emails to non-registered contacts and members for a specific event.

If you go to the "Events > View event details" page, there is a button at the top of the page labeled "Email attendees". There should also be a button labeled "Email non-attendees" but there currently is not.

If you instead, attempt to accomplish this by clicking on the Event details "Emails" link below the buttons at the top of the page, and then click on the Send again button under one of the Announcement preset emails (Announcement 1,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More Renewal Emails

Love most of the functionality of Wild Apricot.

In reading many sources, a lot of which are provided by Wild Apricot, I note that organizations that have a renewal rate over 80% typically have a never-ending cycle of renewal messages that go out - they start 30 days after someone renews their membership.

I would like to be able to have more than the minimal number of membership renewal emails that are possible now - is it 3 or 4, I don't recall at this second. It would be really good to have 10 renewal emails available.

Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Order forum summary other than alphabetical

When using multiple forums, the forums are listed in the summary in alphabetical order. I would like my discussion forum users to see the forums in an order that I choose, not alphabetical. I would also like to leave the forum names as is, instead of re-naming with a prefix to get the correct order.

For example, I would like my users to see the "Rules" forum at the top of the forum summary and my "Everything Else" forum to appear at the bottom. Currently they appear within my forum summary where "R" and "E" fall in the alphabet.

Thanks!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More flexible groups/bundles

More flexible groups/bundles. Need to be able to create groups of members with different membership levels and have an administrator for that group (read only or edit selectable) who is not responsible for financial transactions.

Parent Booster USA currently has four membership levels germane to this discussion:

Basic -- $195 to join, $95 to renew
    Get Legal -- $295 to join, $95 to renew
    Get Legal, Stay Legal -- $495 to join $395 to renew
    School Administrator -- Free, but with limited benefits

I need to be able to set up groups of members containing members at each membership level.…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Gadget to display member images (logos/pictures)

I would like to be able to insert a widget-like window on any page, or in the header/footer area, that would scroll the logo images from member records.

The window would simply scroll the logos as links to the member. Ideally, administrators could provide a title for the box (ie "Our Members" etc.). Adding search capabilities would allow us to create different scolling sets as well (ie one box could be all members, another could be based on location - state, province, city etc.)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New field type - rich text formatting

It would be a nice feature to allow the members to bold, underline, italicize and make list using this word processing control for thier descriptions.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dwolla payment processor [13232]

Can WA check out "Dwolla" as a possible payment provider? At $0.25 flat fee per transaction, having them as an option for payment processing instead of the other percentage-based processors would be very helpful for us, and I'm sure for other cash-strapped nonprofits using your platform.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group donations by year

It would be helpful if we could group our donations by fiscal year.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Twitter Integration

We're looking for the ability to automatically update twitter any time someone posts an entry to the blog.

Seems Twitter already has some basic API's for this.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notify Administrator about attempted but failed Donations

Unless I'm configured wrong I am not being notified when someone attempts, but ultimately fails,in making an online donation.

They could fail either because their credit card does not go through properly or they simply close the PayPal page. Although the transaction shows up in Wild Apricot as a Pending Donation it would be great if I could also be notified by email like a pending payment event registration.

I always follow-up with a phone call to these pending donations, but sometimes I miss them if I'm not emailed about it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Organization Chart

Current situation
    No way to automatically create Organization charts

Desired
    Simple way to create Organization charts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. option to easily unsubscribe from all emails

When people hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email, it would be good, as a checkbox option on the page they land on, to allow them to unsubscribe from all emails, not just newsletters. I suspect some of our contacts will not be happy if they still receive event notifications when they intended to unsubscribe fully. I don't think that one should ask them to login to do this (from their full profile). At present, we will need to manually check for these people and remove them from other mailings.

PS. It would also be good if…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. multiple choice with extra cost - needs more mgmt options

We would find "multiple choice with extra cost" much more useful if it had a few more features. We find we always need capacity and the ability to close a multiple choice option without deleting it. We hold an annual conference with many extra choices for social events and luncheons at extra costs. We run into WA problems for example when In the last days leading up to the event, we have to close some of the multiple choice items(caterer needs last head count), but we can still take general event registrations. Or, we may have an offsite tour and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums

We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add a visitors counter to our website

From time to time we receive questions at our support like "I want to add a visitors counter to our website. Telling a user: "Your are visitor number: #".

From design point of view and the current state of web development, visitors counters (or hit counters) are mostly considered as outdated, not used any more. But it still might be important for you and so I decided to create a wishlist thread to collect your opinions on that.

Please, share your thoughts!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base