Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Generalize Macros to All Text and Allow Custom Macros

Suggestions have been made to use macros in email blasts and text of site pages, and to allow the admin to create macros.*

I sugest that macros be generalized and any system macro allowed in any of these contexts, and anywhere else an admin enters text, such as event details ...

And allow the admin to create arbitrary macros that apply system-wide.

(And a macro for Event_Organizer would be handy so the event details could automatically tell people who to email for info and registration changes.)
------------------------
* See:
http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8826109-custom-macros-for-email-blasts-10505
http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308932-wishlist/suggestions/8826715-using-macros-in-a-page-content-11370

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a few different macros for the Event_Organizer: name, email, and cell phone number.

• Walt BilofskyWalt Bilofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another example of the utility of admin-defined macros: Define {President} to be the name of the current organization president.

This could be used on a web page listing the officers, in the signatures of many automatically generated emails that should come from the president, etc.

Then when a new president takes over, just change the macro.

• BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. I was thinking to add it to the wishlist myself. I would extend it to Saved Searches too…

Imagine you have a "total member" counter for example…

In the copy text of the website you could have something like this: "Right now we have {Member_Total_Active} members".

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7