Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limiting discount codes

In a previous event registration system I used, I could create coupon codes and then limit the number of times it could be used. The way that I used it was to create each of my sponsor companies their own code, and then limit it to however many discounts they were allowed (i.e. one level of sponsorship gets 2 free attendees to all events, so I would make the coupon be a 100% discount and limit it to being used twice).

Right now, it appears that you can do ONE coupon per registration level. I prefer not to do that…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Validate e-mail addresses

Member registration does not validate emails. This is an extra concern for sites like ours where members can join for free. Anyone can make up an email address, or worse impersonate someone else. Once an email is used, it cannot be used by another person, even if the first person is not the owner of the address and the second person is.

Please consider adding an email validation check that sends an email and requires the applicant to use a code that was emailed (or click a link).

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple invoice templates

I search the forum, but I can't find anything regarding my situation...so I am posting it here. If there is a similar post and you can point me towards it, I would be greatful.

I guess my first question would be - can we create more than one invoice template? I have a template set up for new members and existing members who renew. This all works fine as I have the {Payment_Instructions} set up so that they make sense for these types of invoices. The instructions thank them for their membership payment and goes through some other 'membership' specific…

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sending test emails to manually defined email addresses

Currently when working with email drafts it is possible to send a test email to check how it looks, make sure links work correctly etc.
    This email goes to the email address you logged in as, it would be very useful for this to be selectable so I could send it to a few people (manually entered every time, let's not get complicated here). Some like the way the Constant Contact preview facility allows test emails to be sent would be perfect.

Regards,
    Ian
    worthing and adur chamber of commerce
    http://www.worthingandadurchamber.co.uk

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to followup on email recipients that did not open or click

My wishlist item:

The result I want is a segmented recipient list that allows me to, for example, send a follow-up message to those who clicked on a certain link or those who didn't open the email the first time.

Right now, I can download the saved list from members/contacts then manually mark opens and clicks as I find them in the email log. I can't download the recipient list from the email log including opens & clicks, though. That would make this easier. Even better would be the ability to segment the list from within the email log where…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show restricted access page in menu but require password to access

Right now whatever you want to protect or restrict access to, you have to put it under a "Restricted Access" functional page.

And whatever that is in that page is invisible, unless you log in.

Two suggestions/wish list....

1. Capability to designate each page whether it is to be password protected or not, without putting it under a restricted functional page. Having to create pages under "Restricted Access" limits flexibility and intuitiveness in arranging the pages.

2. Have those password protected pages menus be visible, even without logging in, but require password to proceed any further.

Thanks.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Member group administrators / supervisors

How about giving individuals the ability to renew at different times within the bundle rather than all at the same time? With flexible status, renewal dates and individual payment ability etc.. Would make our setup much more manageable that way... We have members in every county across the province, where different rates are charged in different counties. We would like to have 11 administrators across the province who can admin their own regions (bundles). That way all admins wouldn't have to see every email from every new or renewing member. We could make regional folks bundle admins with the members…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Search Custom Event Registration Fields

I would like to request that WA consider in future updates the ability to search and filter contact and event registrants via custom event registration fields. I am using WA to manage a large state conference and have our pre-conference sessions built into the event registration and would like to email just those people, but there is no way to filter those folks out without exporting to excel. This would make managing larger events with more complicated registrations easier.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Half year application fee

Hi,

Not sure how this can be done. Our social club year runs April 1st-March 31st. Members joining between January 1st and March 31st pay a half year fee.

Is it possible to set up a defined $x fee (not pro-rated, a fixed fee) for the period of January 1st March 31st? At this point, members joining in today have an outstanding balance of $2x, a full year fee.

Thanks a lot,

Nicole

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please make the email user interface consistent on all pages where one can compose and send an email

The email interface is inconsistent on some pages. All pages that have the ability to compose and send an email should have exactly the same interface. They should all provide the ability to use the same editor, use macros, and provide the ability to test, save, and send the email.

This is currently not the case.For example, in the Finances area, within an invoice, you have the ability to create an email to send to the member but this page has only a "Send email" and "Cancel" button. There is no "Preview and send", "Test-email", of "Save and close" (create…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Member Log-in Pop-Up

It would be awesome if we could have a pop-up message to appear when members log in. For example, we would like for existing members to update their profile upon logging in. I don't want it to display everytime they log in so we would need to be able to control how often or when it displays.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to post past events

It would be really cool if WA could have a gadget that could present the recent past events, much like there is a gadget to present upcoming events. That would help major for what we are doing.

• jl

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrectmacroname} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a spell checker for members when posting to forums

I have been getting complaints from members saying there is no spell checker to use when they are using the message and discussion area. For months I have been telling them there was as I use it every day.

The problem is they were correct all the time. I have one in admin mode but when I changed to member view the spell checker was not there. This is a MAJOR problem for me. People need a spell checker to post messages. Please let me know how to fix this problem asap. The message and discussion area is the most…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. would like Renewal date to move forward to payment date

As currently configured, a member who renews during the grace period retains the same renewal date, incremented by the membership period (1 year in our case). But if they are lapsed, the renewal date bumps forward to the payment date + 1 year.

We would like to have all overdue and lapsed renewals bump forward to the date they pay. This is an issue for us because we are generous with giving people a fairly long grace period (60 days). It seems unfair that someone who renews 59 days late still has the same renewal date the next year, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change setup of recurring payment for membership levels - Allow member to choose if he wants to pay recurring or not

For membership fees, recurrent credit card billing (ie., auto-renewal) doesn't work the way it does in every other subscription management system. Instead of having two payment options on the membership form (or in my case, since I have five membership levels, TEN payment options), the member should select a level and then be provided an option at the next step (like the manual payment versus online election) that allows the person to select recurrent auto billing. The way you have it set up, its basically unusable (IMHO)

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Officer Designations

I would love to have some sort of "officer" designation capability. I use WA for three(!) nonprofits I'm involved with, each of which has volunteer officers. I've adjusted a few things and made all kinds of workarounds, but if there was a way to assign an officer position to a member, it would simplify many of our processes. Things this could help:

An "officer" directory that is automatic (even if it had to be created through a saved search). My current workaround is to either 1) do a plain web page and list members, updating their info as it changes,…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Database for things that members own

I have been tasked with adding a special database to our Wild Apricot site.

We need to list details of the boats that our members own and I would dearly
    like them to be able to update the info on their boat themselves (it will
    save me a lot of work!).

I would like to have quite a large number (around 30) customisable fields,
    some with free text entry and some with drop down menu choices.

I need to add at least one photo, preferably more, to each record.

It needs to be searchable on any field.

There would ideally…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Managing email subscriptions to forum updates

Current behavior:
    Members can subscribe to receive updates about forum posts by email - by going to the forum and clicking on a subscription link in that forum or topic
    However, there is no way for administrator to view their subscription status or change it.
    If administrator wants to subscribe them manually, the only way is to log in under member's profile (so he has to know the password) and subscribe to forums as if he is this member - very crude workaround.
    Admin can only remove subscriptions from member records.

Desired behavior:
    - Allow administrator to subscribe member(s) to…

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Print Member List

I need to have a hard copy of all of our members to keep onsite at the club for check-in. Our format is one printed page per member to allow for handwritten notes, record guests, etc. Is there a way to print the member list, or suggestions for how to export the info?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base