Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3365 results found

1. Add a Report Post link in Discussion Forum Posts [7490]

I see a Wish List about forum moderation. But I would like to see a "Report Post" link in every post that would allow any reader to report the post to the site owner. Nothing fancy. Just click the link and a message comes up that says "This post has been reported to the site administrator. Thanks for your concern". The admins would then get an email or maybe it would show up in a section in the dashboard that would let the admins investigate any posts flagged by users and then they can decide whether to edit, delete or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. calendar year

The year design of the calendar only shows the start date not the end date. So events that are multiple days are not apparent. It also appears that our venue is open and it is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Income per group/city?

It would be most helpful if there was a feature that would allow us to see income generated per group or city. It would save us hours and hours of trying to figure this out manually. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Connect wild apricot site to personify database

My parent organization uses Personify as their database platform for their members. It would be great if I could link my Wild Apricot site to their Personify, now that Wild Apricot is owned by Personify, so that my records are always reconciled with my parent organization. The Chapters utilizing "Star Chapter" are able to do this, because Star Chapter is on Personify as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to embed Google Adwords Code to track advertising effectiveness

Google AdWords has a great function that allows you to set up a variety of codes that track "actions".

I am trying to use AdWords to get people to sign up for our annual conference and to join the organization. Both actions require a credit card transaction to be considered a "success".

I understand that I cannot put google code on the shopping cart -- (because WA controls those pages) but I must have some means of tracking the effectiveness of our advertising dollars.

Can you please add a page that I can use that appears right after the point…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. COMMUNITY TIMELINE

I will have a need to add a full featured social timeline to my Wild Apricot website in the near future.

My current project is being developed using software from https://www.socialengine.com/ , but the upcoming project will require more robust member management tools.

It would be great if WA would make integration possible, or add the features to their software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding name and address to Printable Membership Card file

The new membership cards are great. I would like to have the ability to modify the printable PDF file. Similar to the way we can "customize default membership emails" I would like have the ability to add the name and address to the printable file, so the membership administrator could print and mail out the card in a window envelope. Currently we export a members information and merge it in a Word Document, many steps and cumbersome. All that would be necessary would be the name and address. See attached file highlighted in yellow

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Event options dependent on other options

I would like to add some choices in an event that are only applicable if another option has been chosen. Such as add a T-shirt option (most often in conjunction with attending and event), and then be able to select color, size, style of T-shirt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dashboard posting of aging receiveables

On dashboard page have aging receivables dollar amount posted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link Events to Contacts (for scheduling events)

I would like a link between an Event and the Contact that scheduled the event. So that I could click on an event in the calendar and have access to the contact vice versa , click on a contact and see all events they have scheduled. And icing on the cake would be to be able to select existing contact info when setting up an event.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Excahnges

Exchanging tickets for an event is a complicated process. The original purchaser (member) must be cancelled and their account credited for the amount of the event, then the new purchaser (member) must be registered and invoiced. A single step within Wild Apricot would save much time and effort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow time filtering based on predefined timezone

We've noticed that an admin can set and change the account timezone. When doing API calls including time components (such as time filtering), these time components have to be defined in that selected timezone.
    This is a bit inconvenient as we cannot be sure that the initial timezone will be kept. Technically we could fetch the current timezone setting for every API call with time filtering that we do (at least 1 every five minutes), but this is not very API efficient.
    Simply relying on the fact that the timezone will remain unchanged is also not 100% safe, although it's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Renewal reminder on Christmas by default

We opted to invoice most every of our 30+ levels. The renewal date by default is January 1, exactly our case before we joined Wild Apricot. So, again by default, the Renewal reminder email 2 goes out to member 7 days in advance. Which is Christmas exactly. No the best day to send renewal reminders... I do hope that the January 1 reminders, on the renewal date, are not the first gift they get in the new year. A few hours delay would be lovely :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add bundle administrators as a visibility setting for restricted web pages

This proposal is to add bundle administrators as a separate toggle for setting the visibility of restricted web pages and gadgets. The toggle would be listed as a "bundle administrators only" sub-option within each membership level or as a global "bundle administrators only" option across all membership levels.

Our organization makes a clear distinction between what a bundle administrator can do and what the other members of the bundle can do. I suspect that other organizations do the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Effective dating/timing of changes made to webpages and content

Create, edit, replace, delete or discontinue webpages or content, etc. as of effective date(s) and times. This allows for changes to be made ahead of time, or as of a particular range of date/time, rather than making them appear as soon as they are saved and submitted. Use cases include, preparing announcements, articles, blogs, organizational changes, policy changes, changes in dues/fees, etc. when ready, but as of a start, end or range of dates/times when the changes go into effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customization of event list view - and persisence of selected view

It would be very helpful for administrators to have multiple options for viewing the Event list, including:
    * by date/time ascending (next event first)

• alphabetical by event name.

We're managing dozens of small events each year and need to have up to six months' worth of events listed at a time. This would help in reviewing/editing upcoming events and in copying lists of events to e-mail messages, HTML newsletters, and text documents. The current reverse chronological order of the list forces me to copy and paste each event individually in order to get them in chronological order.

It's also frustrating…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to use any private/admin-only field in macros

It would very useful to be able to use private member fields in email templates or forms. In general, this fields are for internal membership management and does not need to be visible to the members.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link tracking should include anchor links

If I've analyzed logs' link tracking list correctly, the list contains only links to destinations outside the email. It does not list any anchor links (that is, "jump" links that scroll the reader to another point on the page).

It is potentially as important to track these as to track external links. For example, if I have a table of contents at the top of the email, and someone clicks on a link in it, it tells me of their specific interest. If, then, they do NOT click through to our event (or whatever), I know they were interested, but…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Individual Interaction Logging Capability

Hi, I really like Wild Apricot and would have almost immediately (after uploading sample data) changed to a formal membership if you had had the capability of documenting interactions with my members as they happen: email interactions outside the apricot system, phone calls and site visits (basically, technical assistance interactions). Secondarily, accessible by and available for multiple staff members to be able to add their interactions as well would be wonderful. If you ever add this functionality, please let me know so that I can switch! I plan to use AMO specifically because it offers that capability. Sincerely, and regretfully,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prorating Membership Level Upgrades

Copied from another discussion -

Discount coupons discussed here are only for new member applications.

What you are talking about is prorating the membership payment when members change their level - applying unused membership fee and/or reducing the new fee if new membership level is not for a full period. We are working on this - it would be great if you could start a new thread on the wishlist forum to explain how you would like to see it work.

How our org would like it to work -

Ex - level a - $35 annual fee and level…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started analysis for this issue, and it seems that key problem is how Wild Apricot handles level changes close to renewal date. The system is currently designed to collect the full new level amount and set renewal date according to new level renewal policy. All prepaid amounts for old levels are disposed. Moreover, since no prorating occurs, the new level might be effective only for a few days.

As a first step, we suggest to redesign how level change is working and add prorating there:

- Level would be changed immediately, as now

- Remaining portion of old membership level payment will be applied to new level

- For new levels with specific renewal date (e.g. annual levels with renewals Jan 1st) apply the pro-rating settings for new applications:
    - Allow member to pay only a pro-rated amount of the new level fee (e.g. six months before renewal…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base