Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customise Membership field requirements.

I would like to add multiple field to the Membership Application form and want to force new applicants to choose at least one option from each field. This helps me target the member for invites to relevant events / communications. e.g. Membership field is Sector (financial, legal, water, transport etc) and each member would have to choose which Sector they belong to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Welcome Confirmation Landing Page

It would be nice to have a customized welcome page for when new members register. It should be a page we can customize on our own to link from once they hit the submit button.

This way it doesn't go to the profile, and you can tell them where you would like them to go from there, to take some sort of action. Like a link to another page, or the membership section.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display checkbox edits & results in columns, rather than one neverending list

I have certain fields with MANY entries (over 200) and members who often will select all 200. I can't have individual drop down lists, because to have 200 dropdown lists is unmanageable and looks way too complicated. The next option: to have checkboxes. However, the way the system is, when members edit their profiles, they are presented with a huge vertical list. There is SO much white space to the right that could be used to make the presentation more professional, so that one doesn't have to scroll through 3 pages just to get to the bottom of the list.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automatically prompt someone to sign in or create an account

It would be a GREAT upgrade to the software, if instead of the software rejecting a sign in when someone has not yet created an account (as happens currently) that it instead gave them a message that they must have an account and sign in before they register. The screen should simply give two options - sign in or create and account. This would save a ton of confusion and multiple phone calls from customers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable field Alphabetizing

I need to be able to alphabetize membership fields. For example, our organization has chapters in a small but growing number of states. In order to have an alphabetical list, I moved the names of the fields around, only to find it scrambled my records because of the index values associated with the fields. There has to be a way for you to develop something that lets users rearrange the fields without losing the index values associated with them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Grouping records in reports and directory

For instance, I want to print a list of Members "grouped" (not just "sorted") by each Membership Level - i.e. each Membership Level is displayed only once as a subheader, under which the relevant Member records are displayed.
    I may want to print/display similar reports grouped by other fields.
    This is standard feature in all database reporting but somehow I can't find it available in WidApricot.
    Thanks for advice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Selected values should also apply to Internal Use fields

I have a custom drop-down field for my members. You have a nice feature that allows me to define a Selected value for new members. That's great, but why does that only work for public fields? I want to have my drop-down list for internal use only, but for some reason your code doesn't apply the selected value isn't public. Why? Would you please allow the selected value to work for internal fields, too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Proper Text capitialization

Set up text fields for proper capitalization, forcing first letter capital, others lower case.

While you are at it, allow some fields to be required information, thus not allowing them to be skipped.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support variable price memberships types with minimum base price

Our organization has three different types of membership: individual, business and family. Each of these different types has a minimum base price. Each of these types also have "levels" based on the dues amount the member chooses to pay. (In our case all dues are tax deductible and are treated by the IRS as donations.)
    It would be very useful to us if Wild Apricot allowed us to establish a membership type with a minimum required dues (e.g. donation) and then tracked the total donations made by that member during the current year and was able to report the level…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Member List Sub Categories

Members > Summary > Member List

Every month we run a report and then remove the levels that are not part of the active membership metrics, like Administrative, Lifetimers and Guests. This takes lots of time every month.

Would like to sort the levels with a drop and drag motion into separate categories (renewals, admins, new, board, student, non-members) with sub totals instead of one long list of all the levels.

See attached rough example.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More Options for Featured Member

Featured Member is very limited as to the way it sits on your page. The choices are limited, or should I just say is there a way to center this feature on a page, since it's such an important piece. I can only place it on the left side. There isn't a centering option available or right side.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quick Member Search

Allow the quick member search to search members based on ALL members fields (not only first name, name...).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show option to pay annual fees in advance or by the month at a higher rate

Our annual dues are Php 10,000 paid 1 year in advance. However a member can elect to pay Php 1,000 monthly.
    We also have a non-refundable joining fee which is different according to each level of membership. For some levels the joining fee is less than that of a Full Membership. On changing your membership level up to Full Membership it is required to pay the extra. How can that be registered?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. individual page with PayPal button

page for individual members that allows a PayPal button

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank responded

Need more details or the post will be archived.

16. renewal date to match renewal date rather than a specified date or join date

option to set renewal date to match renewal date rather than a specified date or join date

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an Advanced Search feature that allows you to search for a specific member type that is Active when you have many membership levels.

We have to add all of the membership levels we don't want and mark "Not this level" on each type. It would be great to have an option to search for one or two levels that are active without going through that process.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Comments allowed on Member profile

PLEASE add a way that members can add content (like comments or a rating) to other member's pages.

I use WildApricot for a business directory and would like to be able to have feedback offered on each member profile, a lot like an Angie's List review.

Can you offer any suggestions on how I can do this in WildApricot?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide Member fields based on Member Level

It would be great to allow only certain Member Levels to see certain fields. For example I would like to block free members from seeing other members Email and Phone. I would also like to allow Recruiter Members to see a secret field called "Looking for Work" but no other member should be able to see it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. online punch card

Our members like the idea of having a punch card whereby they buy a block of 10 sessions but they can choose which days they attend. I was wondering if we can emulate that concept online with the members attendance (similar to checking smeone in at an event) clicking down the number of remaining visits left.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base