Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to forward FYI e-mails to membership

I really love how easy Wild Apricot makes it to send out e-blasts to members or contacts, and we use it for club announcements and newsletters. However, I routinely run into a problem with trying to forward e-mails to our distribution lists.

Our organization often gets announcements from other groups advertising trainings and workshops that we would like to let our members know about. The problem is the only way I can figure out to send this information to our membership is to log into our account and set up an e-mail from the system, and this can be a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event organiser macro

It would be good to have a macro for event organiser. The event organiser is already identified for "reply to", and we would like to put a more personal sign off name at the bottom. A choice between <Event organiser full name> and <Event organiser first name> would be ideal.

Malcolm

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. E-Way integration for Recurring payments in Aus, NZ and UK

E-Way is an EXTREMELY competitive payment gateway that allows multiple currency purchases, NEXT day payment into your account and takes recurring payments (what you need for memberships).

PayPal is our only option at present - it's unreliable and expensive amongst other things.

http://www.eway.com.au

I don't want to use PayPal - and I want to use WA - as a customer, you know what your business needs and being dictated to about suppliers/gateways you can use seems strange and out of step with the rest of the WA system - WA seems to have been designed to work flexibly for so…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi-Session Events

Hello,

Both of our divisions host a number of events that actually occur over multiple time-space blocks. Much as, say, a college class would be organized, registering for one event actually entails being potentially scheduled into all of the subsequent sessions of the event on that schedule. A subset of these events are tournaments whereby not everyone signed up for the event will continue to the next session; in this case the event's sponsor or coordinator will want to adjust the attendees proceeding into a subsequent session. To complicate matters some multi-session events may have a single registration fee that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tracking attendance using card swipe system

We are considering using WA to support our group, however we really need to account for attendance using a card swipe system. I am disappointed that this functionality is not currently available, and worse yet, does not even seem to be on the priority list. Seems pretty simple.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Check if a registrant is still a member by event start date - and if no, do not allow member price

when an event is created have the option to get member pricing based on:

a) Member status on date of registration for event

b) member status on date of event

or c) Both: member must be member at date of registration AND member on event date.

Currently only option "A" above is used, so if a member is a member in January, and registers for an even that is scheduled in May, and membership lapses in February, they still get member pricing because they are member on day of registration, and date of event is not used.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default registration form for events

In the same way that there are default announcement and reminder emails for events, it would be great to have the same for registration form. We have 12 to 14 very similar events during the summer and currently I am having to add additional fields to each event. In Version 5 with the ability to select contact fields, which is a great move, I will have to select the contact fields as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Heartland Payment Systems as a supported online payment system

We use Heartland Payment Systems to process all of our credit card transactions. In order to work with Wild Apricot, we have to use Authorize.net as a portal to connect to Heartland Payment Systems.

It would be wonderful if Wild Apricot could add Heartland Payment Systems as a supported online payment system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to make common fields readonly

It would be very helpful to be able to add a common field which can be changed only by the administrator, but still be seen by non-members or members (depending on what options have been selected under common fields). This way a rating could be input by the administrator, without being accessable by the member, but still be viewable by anyone.

For example the admin adds a new common field called 'Ratings' - Options set at 'for administrator access/input only' - Others access set at 'Anybody'- this would allow the administrator to manually add a rating to a member as…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bulk event management

Bulk event management (create/delete/modify) bulk delete can be done in the UI via checkboxes on the event list bulk create/modify could be based off spreadsheet export/import like we can do with contacts The current functionality is a serious impediment for us trying to add multiple events per week for several months ahead.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integration with QuickBooks Online

1) Integration with QuickBooks. Need to be able to download monthly in a way that recognizes existing customers and allows me to code transactions in WA according to my QB Chart of Accounts.

For financial data from Wild Apricot to be useful to Parent Booster USA, I have to be able to download an arbitrary number of transactions, e.g., all transactiuons in a month, for all members, them load those transactions into QuickBooks so that the download adds new transactions to the exisitng customer accounts. Downloads that create new customers each month aren't helpful. Beyond that, I'd like to be…

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Charging credit cards for donations in admin view

Currently the ability to charge a credit card for a donation is not available on the admin side. We get calls from members who wish to donate and we can't charge their card for their donation. We have had to create an event called "Donations" so we can charge cards. That leaves the member profile not showing donations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Financial reports in landscape format

You offer a very attractive format for your financial reports, i.e. income and aged receivable reports specifically. You currently offer to download these reports in either excel or pdf. format but only in a portrait view. To produce a report covering several months requires the download to be printed on several pages.

It would be very helpful as webmaster to download these pdf. reports in a landscape format so I could share with my board.

Downloading in excel provides the material in a landscape format but you lose all the attractive formatting that appears on the screen.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enforcing 'terms and rules' field acceptance

I would like to be able at member login to force members to agree to Terms and Rules if they have not already done so. Also, if Terms and Rules change, set the checkbox to unchecked so as to force all members to agree again.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. level change approval

Can't you just add a setting for admin's to approve any level change? This would solve so many issues we have with people renewing who shouldn't be etc. It gives us the ability to approve renewals when the member has lapsed!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chart of Accounts export to QuickBooks

An additional level of detail beyond “class” or replacing "class" that could associate with the Chart of account codes set up in quickbooks would save time and errors by identifying income categories automatically. I assign a general ledger account code to each invoice/payment to coordinate with the bookkeeper in the notes field that must be read manually. Could a separate field be available that QB would recognize on import.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add ability to search by last email opened date and number of emails opened

We need the ability to better manage our email contacts in order to (1) assess the effectiveness of our email blasts, and (2) better manage our software subscription cost. I put in a help ticket and was told there is no way to do this.

(1) In order to create more active involvement in our organization I want to identify non-members who open most of our email blasts so that we can make effective appeals for becoming members or volunteers.

(2) In order to better manage our software subscription cost, I am in the process of archiving non-member contacts who…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Numeric field type

We had an old discussion about adding new type for a custom field - numbers:
    http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8834458-create-numeric-fields-7304

When we started our analysis work on this problem, we realized that we have no clear vision of what is underlying problem that our clients want to resolve with this new field type.

Most comments were about export into Excel, so it can properly recognize numbers. But from our point of view, export itself is a workaround to another problem - something is missing in Wild Apricot functionality and you try to substitute it with export. This means that adding new field type will…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is on hold as of now. We analyzed and even prototyped a solution some time ago, but our priorities changed and now we’re focusing top-voted items – and this one has to wait its turn. But we will get back to it at some point, just cannot tell when yet.

19. Condition-based display of fields for multi-level questions

I would like to request creating a way to display a registration field based on a previous field selection.

For example, If I have the question "Are you interested in learning about this committee?" If the answer is yes, I would like a second question to display. If the answer is no, I do not want the second question to display.

I've been told this is not a current feature in Wild Apricot but think this would be very useful for membership, registration and donation forms.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Log for members who unsubscribe

I would like to be able to easily distinguish between members that actually select "unsubscribe" to emails vs. those that are automatically unsubscribed due to multiple email failures.

That way we could more easily contact those that may have simply changed their email address, from the ones that really don't want to hear from us anymore.

I'm not sure how to tell this the way it works now.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base