Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event Reporting

We'd like to be able to pull aggregated reports of our events. Year over year, to see who is attending. Paid members vs. walk ins. Whether the price affects attendance, or certain months/seasons affect attendance. It would really help with forecasting and budgeting purposes. Thank you.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Event eMail Templates

Could you add the Event leader (name, telephone and email) to the macro list for event email templates. I'd like to see users who sign up to be told to "Please contact <event leader> at <event leader's phone #> or via email at <event leader's email> in the default event confirmation process. I'm aware I can add that individually for each event created.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fix the known glitches. Please, please, please?

For example ...

In various operations, the HTML view is mushed together unless we first add an innocuous space (or something), save and reopen. How long would it take to fix that bug?

In the opt-out macro, the only acceptable syntax is {Unsubscribe_Url}, exactly like that. Anything else (e.g., "URL" or a space instead of an underscore), and the link won't work. Worse, your system will put an unsightly "HEY CLICK ME" invitation to opt-out at the email's bottom. How long would it take to correct your examples (and make their syntax uniform) and make the macro case-insensitive? (I suggest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add user ID as account number

We have hit a road-block with our credit union.
    As we were attempting to set up online payment so that members cold pay directly from the Credit Union (vs. using PayPal), our CU informed us that we need an account # on the invoice.
    When we are creating the invoice, it shows the user along with their user ID#
    However, when the actual invoice is created, the system drops their ID # and only shows their name.
    If we could have this ID# printed automatically on the invoice as their Account number, then this would satisfy the requirements to having…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a plan level between Professional $130 and Network $240

Add a plan level between Professional $130 and Network $240

We are close to the limit of 2000 for the Professional Plan but will never get anywhere near the Network limit of 5000 to justify the huge leap in price.

We would like to see a Plan that sits between Professional and Network at around 3000 - 3500 contacts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve date selection for registration open & close

The calendar for selecting dates when editing "Registrations types & settings" is very slow to come up and takes forever to change months. Please use the calendar that pops up to select the date for an event. It is very fast and much brighter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SEO: Custom meta description and title tag for each Event. Also a "list title" as opposed to Page Title and Headline

Please give more robust Search Engine Optimization capability to those of us who know its importance and know how to use it.

It's more than "SEO"; it's a matter of site functionality.

We get a lot of visitors from search engines. Often they find and go directly to an event description page, or the overall list of events, where they register and have are not even aware that they should know more about us first. For this reason, and for SEO reasons, we would benefit greatly if we were able to tweak the displayed page title and search snippet for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SEO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prohibit sending message from one's own profile

I am writing as a webmaster who must deal with confused members. Currently when a member is on the web page to edit his/her own profile, there is an option to send a message. There is no clue shown as to whom that message will go to, but I am quite certain it will only go back to the sender. That seems like a useless thing to do, and one likely to create confusion (because the member is likely to erroneously believe a society officer will see the message). I'd like to see <SEND> removed from the edit profile page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Document Library Gadget

Our community organization maintains a lot of short legal PDF documents for reference by our members. The current website we use has a document library function which makes it easy to load a lot of documents into a web page. This page then lists their titles, when they were added, how many hits each document has had over time, etc. You can also sort and resort the documents by clicking on the various column headings.

Right now, we have to manually insert details about each document into a static HTML table. Keeping the documents properly sorted is also difficult. If…

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Send details of forum update (text) in the forum update email

when sending forum update notice include actual forum post or update

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the label for the button 'Public view' to read 'Regular view'

When any member who has been granted any level of admin rights logs in, they have the option to switch into 'Admin view' by clicking the 'Admin view' button at the top right of their screen. Once in Admin view they see a button labeled 'Public view' at the top of their screen - but since they are already logged in clicking that button will not give them a 'Public view' - rather they would have 'Regular view' which will still display content to them that the public does not see. To have a Public view, they must log out.…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Customize how Member ID is generated

Is there a way I can designation a "starting number" for the member ID field? For example, if I am setting up a new membership database and I would like our member ID numbers to begin at 500.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Emailing Event Delegates

When our Members register for events, for them to receive Member rates, they must use the email address associated with their Member profile in Wild Apricot; however, these Members often register delegates within their organization who have a different email address. By doing so, the delegates will still receive Member rates. These delegates do not have access to check the emails sent to the organization's log-in email. So, to email delegates before, during and after events, I have to export the delegates list and send emails through Outlook. Please create a system in which organizations can get Member rates for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save Draft From Template

A template should be the basis for a draft, but in the current WA setup we cannot save a draft based on a template. We can either send it as a new email or save it as a template. If we can't edit a template and save it as a draft, it's not a template. Please integrate a "save as draft" function to the templates so they can function as...templates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fewer new features, more focus on overall UI and common workflows

Rather than worry about specific, discrete pieces of functionality, I'd propose an overhaul of the entire user experience including:
    1) Make reports that are more useful, e.g. new members, lapsed members, invomplete registrations
    2) Overhaul the email workflwo, e.g. you should be able to name an email before step three in the process
    3) A complete overhaul of the event setup and pricing elements. e.g. Having to create a registration form is a nightmare. Why aren't there simple templates and an ability to preview a form without having to log in as a user?

With all due thanks, and respect,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Expand Help Hours

I would like to see you expand your live support services to at least weekends if not 24/7.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. email list forwarding

I like being able to send email to our list of members, and I like being able to have them maintain their own contact info via their profile.

I hate your email/HTML editing tool, it's just horrible.

Can you please give me a way to simply have an email list address to which I can send an email from my favorite email client and it will forward to the membership list? I don't really care about link or open tracking.

Example: send an email to members@mydomain.com. It forwards to all members (or whatever search subset I define when I…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Having several schedules for email blast

The new update for scheduling email blasts is really a great idea. It was a problem before that this one does not exist. But in addition to this feature, maybe we can add like 3 or 5 schedules in 1 email.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show what levels use what fields in "Membership fields" screen as table

As things are, I have to click each field to asses whether a membership level uses it, or review them one at a time using the dropdown menu. I would like to see columns to the right of the current list, showing which levels use the field in that row. Column headings would be level name, entries would be an X in the row if that field is used. Would save a lot of design and admin time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base