Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linking members of contacts - e.g. wife and husband

Is there any way to connect 2 members? For example, if I have a husband and wife who have different accounts, but if someone looks up the husband, is there a way to say "and this is his wife" then link to her profile?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a big deal for UK charities.

Official description: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingMoney/GivingMoneyToCharity/DG_10015097

Generally, the way it works is that when a charity asks for a donation, they also ask the donor to tick a box to enable the charity to reclaim an additional tax element from the tax authority (if the donor is a UK tax payer).

Combined with a date field (which Wild Apricot doesn't yet provide!), we administrators could create a report/search query to pre-fill the relevant form to submit to the tax authority for the reclaim.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Credit card processing (GoPayment)

Can I use my existing Intuit/QuickBooks GoPayment merchant account to process payments (receipts) made by credit card? I don't see it listed as an approved system.

Loren Williams Apricot account # 47745

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Mobile friendly event registration on a web site

For us, our main priority is to enable event registrations in a mobile-friendly view. A close second would be a mobile-friendly event calendar. We are fans of mobile web apps over native mobile apps. We host many events that are dependent on weather conditions, so there are a lot of last-minute registrations.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Export event registrations even when there are none - to see events without attendance

The new Event Export Registrants function is great except it only reports on Events if there is at least one person who has registered. Please fix this as we would like to know what events had no participation as well as those who did have participation. The Event Export function is also really valuable to create a list of all upcoming and future events if we want to put out a flyer or print to a poster.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Autoincrement option on the numeric field (e.g. for bib numbers)

Another vote for a numeric field option. I would really like to have an autoincrement option on the numeric field, with configurable start/seed value. It should be available as a contact or event field. A nice-to-have would be a range of excluded numbers.The field should be available for macro insertion in event emails.

Our application for this would be to generate bib numbers. We have a few large events per year that would benefit greatly from such a feature.

Anthony S.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Email blacklist capability for Send Message form

I would like the ability to maintain a site-wide email blacklist to prevent known spammers from exploiting the "Send Message" form.

Recently, one of my clients has been barraged with spam. The spammer is accessing the Send Message form and systematically sending emails to each member in the database -- over 1,000 so far.

As an administrator, I'd like the ability to maintain a blacklist for email addresses or domains that we know to be spam to prevent their emails from being delivered to our members.

- Kim

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Donations and payments for smaller organizations

Some website hosting businesses have a feature of taking payments without signing up with a third party. They contract with a 3rd party that handles donations, then take their own cut of another couple of percent. The organization can then avoid the overhead costs by paying say 4 or 5 percent to the hosting company. The hosting company provides a single unified interface and take the 1 or 2 percent. That would work for us, particularly since we have to take donations and sells tickets manually.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  1 comment  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Make saved searches visible to members at member directory page

We would like to have a number of "canned" common searches available at the top of Member Directory. The Admin creates and saves a search then makes this available to others. Access should be selectable to "All members", and to each of different Admin levels.

We have members who are likely to do the same search and the only option is to give them instructions and for them to create the advanced search each time. Equally Admins are likely to be doing a search for features that they are responsible for eg renewals, this is easier because they can save…

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Search function for the events tab when inserting a link

When inserting a link and selecting the events tab, it would be nice to have a search box at the top where one could just start typing the name of the event, much like the main Event's page

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Tracking On for Manual E-mails

Presently tracking is off by default for non system e-mails and can only be turned on in an e-mail by e-mail basis. Would much prefer the option to have tracking on always for non system emails

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Requesting SVG image format support [19554]

Hey guys,

I'd like to ask that SVG image support be added to the wish list.

In world that requires responsive design, SVG (scalable vector graphic) files give good scalable images that display consistently at any size.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Photos / Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Fidelity Information Services (FIS) as a payment option

All of our offices are currently contracted through FIS to handle Credit Card transactions. Is there a way that this payment option can be made available in Wild Apricot?

Thanks!

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • e-mail moderation facility

Hi

It would be useful to have the facility to have all e-mails created by non administrators (e.g. by event managers) to have to be moderated (i.e. approved) before sending by an administrator ?

All the best

Colin

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Datestamp notes

2014-07-08 11:43 It would be helpful to have the cursor start in the text input box when editing notes, so that any new entry appears above those before it, like this.

2014-07-08 11:40 Please can you add a facility to add a date and time stamp to the beginning of all new note entries, either automatically or using a shortcut key? Thanks.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • e-Processing Network

Currently, Wild Apricot is the recommended club and association management service by the U.S. National Rifle Association. As such, I personally have implemented it with three groups.

For credit card processing all three use PayPal. Based upon volumes two of them could save money by moving to another service, such as Payment Alliance International, another NRA sponsored vendor.

Unfortunately, Payment Alliance using e-processing network, which is not directly supported by Wild Aprioct. Best of all worlds would be to develop and deploy as an option the support for e-processing network directly. A second alternative would be to leverage Payment Alliance's…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Online payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Limited Membership and/or Events Manager who can't see contact donations

We would like to have an administrator role capable of viewing and editing contact details, checking and updating membership status, and processing event registrations. However, we would like this role to NOT be able to see any donation information. This is basically the Membership and Events Manager roles but without any donation access.

Our situation is this: we have education staff who run education events. They need to know if someone is a member, be able to process a renewal, etc. They also need to be able to add attendees, print attendee lists, etc. But we don't want them to…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Text Scrolling/Slider

I have been using a jQuery content slider called "bxslider". This however is now causing the "My Profile", "Invoices and Payments" to not display anything. As a workaround I am using the Wild Apricot Slideshow Gadget. I am taking the texts I wish to display, and saving them as a png file via Power Point. Maybe not the most efficient, but I need something up in a hurry and this worked. A big disadvantage of this method is that you can not have a link in the text, and not very scaleable.

I would like to suggest that Wild Apricot…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Album changes to support photo contest

Our association runs an annual photo contest. The Album feature in Wild Apricot goes part way to helping us with it, but needs the following enhancements to reduce the external administration we must do today: Allow custom fields when uploading images and store info with image Submitter's Name (text) Email (text) Phone (text) Caption (text) Comment (text) Contest Category (radio buttons) Nature Life on Kahshe etc Agreement to rules and regulations (which would be on a previous page) Yes/No (radio buttons) Admin Flag each photo uploaded by a non-admin so it doesn't show until admin authorizes it Ability to show/hide…

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • See the post you're replying to

I'd like to see what I'm replying to without having to include the whole thing in my reply (as with quote). Also, the nomenclature is not what a user expects... most of my users didn't bother to even try "quote" before asking how to get that type of functionality.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Collecting comments  ·  0 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7