Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

209 results found

1. Online Forms

Incorporate form design and submission functionality. This would help clubs automate some administrative processes.

377 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve / Modernize Website Themes

Websites look a little awkward and aren't particularly easy to design, so this could be improved.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to preview changes to theme, header, CSS before publishing

I wish I could preview results before I publish changes to theme, header, CSS, etc.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Duplicate Gadgets on a page

Not even sure if I"m using this forum correctly ha ha. Signed up for free trial yesterday,hoping it's going to meet my needs.One question right now: Is there a way to duplicate a gadget????? Like, I created one gadget with text, image, etc...and I'd like to duplicate it and then change the content. I see delete, move, settings but no 'copy or duplicate'...

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Preview website and forms as they look for visitors or members

I'd love to see is a preview that shows the page without outlines, and other components from the editor so I can see the page as a user would (Think the "Preview page" option in Word Press). Sometimes we notice little things about spacing, positioning, etc. that are easier to see in a full layout and not as much when there are borders and artifacts.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have merged several similar suggestion together – they all about previewing various site functions from members perspective. For example, wen pages, registration and application forms, etc.

6. Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show restricted access page in menu but require password to access

Right now whatever you want to protect or restrict access to, you have to put it under a "Restricted Access" functional page.

And whatever that is in that page is invisible, unless you log in.

Two suggestions/wish list....

1. Capability to designate each page whether it is to be password protected or not, without putting it under a restricted functional page. Having to create pages under "Restricted Access" limits flexibility and intuitiveness in arranging the pages.

2. Have those password protected pages menus be visible, even without logging in, but require password to proceed any further.

Thanks.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scheduled changes to website

Many organizations need to schedule repeated changes to the website for the public and members. There are scheduling features for email reminders and eblasts but no scheduling for website changes in Wild Apricot. It would be great to be able to

1) make a change to a page or page template
    2) preview the change without making the change go public
    3) schedule the change to be applied

Changes should be possible to the same gadget. The schedules should be modifiable as well as cancellable.

This is the sort of feature many CMS products have using workflow control (draft, publish…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Links to external sites as Menu Items

Currently a menu item has to be a WA object (content page, event listing, forum, etc.). If I want to link to an external website (your national organization for example) or even a specific event registration page as a menu item, you have to create an empty content page and use JavaScript and/or a meta tag redirect to send the user on (See this help page for additional detail: http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Redirecting+a+page ).

It would be great if you could enter a url for the menu item rather than this kludgey redirect process. This could also be accomplished through implementing a http…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cloning website, but no ability to activate it.

When we want to modify a website (new layout, look, templates), we create a clone website to play with. We take hours to get it right, make sure it works. Yet there is NO way to copy that over to become our new active website. We must go back and spend hours again, starting from scratch, building a new website. That makes no sense to me, any other web hosting company I've worked with allows that feature easily. Please help....

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to close site to public/member access for maintenance procedures

We will need to export the entire membership list and purge many listings with undeliverable email addresses. It will then take a brief period of time to delete the existing list and upload the corrected one. Is there some sort of "Temporarily Closed for Maintenance -- Please Try Again in 15 Minutes" procedure for this?

WA replied "Unfortunately, we do not have this feature. For now, you would have to do this either at night or earlier in the morning. But this sounds like a good idea and I would suggest to add it to our Wishlist so other people…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. membership message

It would be great to have a website gadget that displays a member's expiration date and includes a renew button. For non-members it should display a join button. Would be helpful to be able to display this info on the home page or on events pages, rather than just the member profile page.

Alternatively, a customizable pop-up message that displays when the member logs in could get at this purpose. Pop up could draw from a field tied to the specific member, or to a specific member level. Would be great for it to be customizable/dynamic based on rules.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow parent-child relationship and ordering for Non-Menu Pages

My Wildapricot Membership Backend is getting MESSY! I am not able to organize "Non-Menu" items to have "children"

Is there something in the works where I can create a page and then create SUBPAGES that are Not Menu Items?

When I click on Reorder my Pages, it only allows this functionality for Menu Items.

Thank You

Angel

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simplifying embedding videos

I've started putting video on our website, and I have to go into the HTML and embed the code. This can be a pain when I don't know HTML almost at all, and the code from youtube looks different than some other site's code. In fact I did try to put a video up, and the section of the site was blank for a bit, till I got help from Chris at Nicasio.I also had problems putting video in the blog section.

So it would be most helpful to have some tools to more easily embed audio/video files. You really…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add and manage xml sitemap for SEO

Bing, Yahoo! and Google all recommend a site map be submitted to their crawl services in order that URLs on a website are brought into their crawlers' awareness. Otherwise the bots generally rely on quantity of cross linking from other sites and for many of our members this is very hit or miss — resulting in many member page never making into SERPs.

We would greatly appreciate some mechanism for adding and managing XML site maps for all, or better yet, specific pages of a WA member site.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks to Barbara, here is current workaround:
    --
    TO ADD A SITEMAP.XML to a WA SITE:
    Create a new folder under file mangement called sitemap.
    Then upload your site map to this folder.
    Sumbit your site map to Google, it will look something like this yoursite.com/resources/sitemap/sitemap.xml

A good place for free google sitemaps is:
    xml-sitemaps.com

16. Add functionality to advise admin if links on pages are broken.

Add functionality to advise admin if links on pages are broken.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Member directory listing fit more than 1st 50 members at a time

Referring to the Member directory listing, please make the listing quantity bigger. Currently only my 1st 50 members get most publicity, because then website visitors have to click on the drop down menu to get the next few members on the list. Most web visitors do not do that. They see the list of 50 that is open, and miss the rest.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mobile Website View Customization

I would like to be able to edit the mobile view of my website. Wix allows for this.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base