Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Using macros in a page content

Could you consider a feature by which administrators can add MACRO's to the members only pages similar to the features available to us in confirmation emails?

I remember reading somewhere in the help area (and I cannot find it now) where one can add "Welcome [[INSERT NAME HERE]]" to the members only home page but I remember the process being quite tedious.

When my members login, I like to have a simple message that says

Welcome [[name]]Your [[membership level]] expires on [[Renewal Due Date]]

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

beaks2leebeaks2lee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BeardoBeardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would make sense to have this website wide and not only in the members area. As well as Macros for "saved searches" to produce valuable numbers to. For example the "Total Members: {Member_Total_Active}" or "We have {Member_Total_Ohio} in Ohio"….

• JessicaJessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this still not been implemented? I was trying to use this today on my site and it doesn't seem to be working.

• bsowardsbsowards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Adding macro functionality to pages! This would be great and add a lot of utility to pages

• KimEKimE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea of being able to use Macros to personalize the user's experience. 2 thumbs up!

• WLRWLR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! I would also like to see the ability to add macro to pages. A customized "Hello {Contact_First_Name}, you a currently a {Member_Level} member." On a benefits pages would make our association look good.

I am also exploring options for a "print your own" membership card as many medical sites do now. That would make me look good! :)

• MLAElizaMLAEliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this also. In fact I tried to do this today because it seemed so natural that it would work and then was surprised I could not. I was going to have a certificate of membership they could print out if they needed to prove their membership to someone.

Elizabeth

• stanleyfelixstanleyfelix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also be very interested in this feature, perhaps its something you are planing on rolling out with the upcoming release.

Basically it would be really nice to have members login and find a dashboard like page with a greeting (Hi Member-Name) containing all the information pertaining to their account, current event registrations, past event registrations, any balance owed, etc.

All of these functions already exist in WA but in my opinion are all scattered in different areas. It would be nice to be able to get all of them from one screen.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Stan

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7