Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HTML Formatting Improvements

I wish the HTML was not burdened by so much extraneous code.

I wish the HTML always opened formatted instead of in a paragraph clump.

I wish I could edit the HTML efficiently onsite without having to copy it to an outside source.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change UI for "Date" Field Type - show separate year, month and day selection

In developing a membership registration form for our website, I am looking to include a "Date of Birth" field. However, the "Date" field type appears to only allow one method of entering a date. In our organization, there are many members who are older, and for whom the date entry requires navigation to their respective year of birth, which presents difficulty due to the method of data entry, and the propensity of our older members to be uncomfortable using computers.

(Admittedly, the calendar default of starting on today's date does lend itself to certain types of fields, like booking hotels…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide a menu link from header when member is logged it

I am wanting to customize the header navigation when a member logs in. Basically my customer has a tab that says "Why Join". They would like for that to vanish when logged in. This will allow for the navigation not to wrap or cause other issues in the navigation

I am wondering if Wild Apricot has 2 header files or any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Replace Outdated Fonts

The available fonts are extremely outdated. I wish there was a way to add some modern fonts. I see that others have posted this request.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Universal footer

Capturing a suggestion from one of our customers:

Universal footer option so we don't have to keep changing the footer on three or four templates - or ability to copy complete template layouts/columns and paste to another template. Sometimes we have a lot in one template footer and then I have to open 2 different browsers just to copy all the settings from one to another template.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add a visitors counter to our website

From time to time we receive questions at our support like "I want to add a visitors counter to our website. Telling a user: "Your are visitor number: #".

From design point of view and the current state of web development, visitors counters (or hit counters) are mostly considered as outdated, not used any more. But it still might be important for you and so I decided to create a wishlist thread to collect your opinions on that.

Please, share your thoughts!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conversion of large websites into WA

I would tell anyone with big websites that the conversion is the most difficult part of going to Wild Apricot, especially when there is need to convert many pages. The conversion process was quite painful. We had php pages with very simple and clean html code. Our subcontractor apparently copied and pasted from the displayed webpage instead. This resulted in poor conversion of links and images. Where we had had had a central repository folder for all the images on the old website, we ended up after the conversion having images attached separately to each page and in many cases…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow nested layouts in website templates

I would like to allow nesting of layout containers in page templates.

Currently, I have a 3 column template on many pages. I am able to insert a vertical layout in one column when editing a single page, but not when editing the template.

For example: I want to make two gadgets appear to be inside the same box. To do that when editing a page, I insert a vertical layout, make that layout's background a different color than the site background, and then insert two transparent background gadgets (social media and text, for instance).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More current look and feel

Updating the website templates so they look and act like its 2017.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expand/Collapse list

Definitely need to allow us to create expand/collapse list on website pages. You even have it throughout your manual so it's very frustrating that we cannot use it. The Support response I received was to use one of your partners so that would mean paying for your system and then having to pay a third company. This is a deal breaker as to whether I progress from the trial.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Member-focused SEO - i.e. how many views/visits on a member's profile page, search terms used to find member

I thought it would be good to have a "Member-focused SEO" category here, because there are several SEO-related features (not 301 redirects) that my client's members have requested.

Since switching to WA 4 months ago, there has been some attrition of members because more and more, people are seeking better SEO placement through membership organization websites. Their biggest motivation in joining is for the public to be able to find them.

Specifically requested features:

--Customized URL's for publicly viewable member profile pages (so we can include member or practice names in the URL)

--SEO index (.xml) *including member pages* and…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to add CSS IDs / class names to page templates

It would be very helpful to be able to target a particular page template, as each page template within a particular website theme uses the same IDs and classes for it's hard coded elements.

I can workaround this by targeting each page ID, but being able to target each page template would be very helpful.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. member directory formatting functionality

Right now - there is very little formatting to the fields/columns in the Member Directory Gadget
    one specific issue is that each field appears to be aligned center - from top to bottom
    other columns have multiple lines -
    as such - the member name is in the middle of the other information - rather than being top-aligned - which we would prefer - so that someone can easily read across from the name to the first line of the next columns

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Amend background colour of system buttons

Ability to change the background colour of the Login, Register, Cancel etc buttons in the System Pages, we are using the Firma theme.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bootstrap

having bootstrap functionality within the HTML editors available for eventing, pages, ...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pop-up warning when users click on external links

I'd like to add a pop-up warning to visitors when they click on an external site that they are leaving my website, and my organization is not responsible for content on the external site.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Restricted Pages - Show as grayed out

It would be nice if a restricted page showed as grayed out so when people aren't logged in, they can see what pages they cannot get to until they log in. See wafla.org. Right now we have a member's only section that can only be seen when the member logs in. It would be good to show people that aren't members yet or our current members that can't find the tab because they aren't logged in.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep sidebar for website pages closed when I close it

I rarely use any of the items listed, and would prefer the sidebar stayed closed unless I open it. Is there any possibility of normally keeping it closed?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base