Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Duplicate Gadgets on a page

Not even sure if I"m using this forum correctly ha ha. Signed up for free trial yesterday,hoping it's going to meet my needs.One question right now: Is there a way to duplicate a gadget????? Like, I created one gadget with text, image, etc...and I'd like to duplicate it and then change the content. I see delete, move, settings but no 'copy or duplicate'...

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MV Chamber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to do similar. I want to duplicate a folder icon/gadget with the same subtitle (then, just edit the subtitle). I can duplicate the settings of the folder icon/gadget -- but, I cannot get the subtitle (content gadget) to be added without a space in between.

• Eugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Layouts and gadgets are just blocks of HTML5 (HTML/CSS/JS). They can be duplicated. I also request this feature to be implemented.

• Leon Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to customize a gadget, name it, and then reuse the gadget across multiple pages. For example, have some custom HTML code that gets used on multiple pages. While we can cut and paste the code from one page to another, this is a maintenance headache. It would be nice to be able to change that code in one place and have the change propagate across all the places where it is used.

• Lisa Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years have passed and I'm sad that this has not already been implemented... seems like it would be relatively quick if you can duplicate whole templates

• Kim Skimmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll take it a step farther and suggest being able to duplicate gadgets across pages, not just on the same page.

• Kim Skimmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to duplicate a gadget too. Content gadgets are easy to dup by simple copy/paste, but things like directories, calendars, forums, blogs, etc. are more difficult because of all the settings involved.

~ Kim

• MergeC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to vote for this as well. In fact, I would take this one step further and would like the ability to duplicate layouts as well. Wordpress has a plugin called Visual Composer which allows the ability to clone multi-column layouts which is a huge time saver.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! I have been trying to figure out how to do that. Wish there was a way to dup other gadgets as well!

• MV Chamber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh DUH, of course I can do that, thanks for the obvious reminder..brain dead I think.

• Kid Apricot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not possible to duplicate a gadget in general. From your description, it sounds like you're referring to the Content gadget.

For content gadgets, you can simply click the [HTML] button in the editor, copy all the html in the new window, create a new content gadget and paste it into a new gadget's HTML to duplicate it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base