Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Creating Courses Using Wild Apricot

Would like to use WA to have people signup and pay for courses. As a starting off point it would be helpful if automatic recurring payments for same could be limited by a date range - say a 3 month course billed monthly but for only 3 months and then the membership level would default to a different membership level ie "course graduate" who would have different site access.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to add new lists to database

We would like to be able to add new lists to the database, in particular to manage our library and our newsletters. Being able to create a table of relevant fields, including the ability to add records to a table of related events, and tie each record back to the member list would be very helpful. For the library, a list of books tied to a list of checkouts/returns, for the newsletters a list of available newsletters with a count of download attempts. I'm sure there are other equally useful options for new lists for other users, the point being…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Album changes to support photo contest

Our association runs an annual photo contest. The Album feature in Wild Apricot goes part way to helping us with it, but needs the following enhancements to reduce the external administration we must do today: Allow custom fields when uploading images and store info with image Submitter's Name (text) Email (text) Phone (text) Caption (text) Comment (text) Contest Category (radio buttons) Nature Life on Kahshe etc Agreement to rules and regulations (which would be on a previous page) Yes/No (radio buttons) Admin Flag each photo uploaded by a non-admin so it doesn't show until admin authorizes it Ability to show/hide…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inventory/Asset management

Hi,

My organization has a library that we allow members to check out from every month. With that said I was hoping for 2 things.

1) an inventory database to keep track of our media (I can see this also being useful for other things such as equipment we own or donation items we get and then give)

2) the capability to connect members to an item. this would allow us to track who checked something out and automatically send out reminder emails to members and what they have checked out (currently this is all done my hand each month…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Court, room or equipment reservation system

Provide a scheduling/reservation widget that makes it possible for "members" of our website (and based on their membership level) to reserve "resources" on a first-come, first-served basis.

* A resource is anything (such as a conference room, laptop, iPad, projector, etc.) that you would like to schedule on a first-come, first-served basis.

• Leverage current “membership level” feature to allow members to reserve a resource listed in their “membership level”. For instance, some members will have the rights to reserve a laptop but not an iPad.

• Only administrators can add a resource to a “membership level”.

• Leverage current “user profile” log-in…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Functionality for attendees to review and rank events

I find myself wanting to gather (monitored) reviews from attendees of events my organization has. I've considered using forum, but so far not getting excited about that. Would like ranking stars or symbols.

anyone have some ideas?

Loving Wild Apricot!

Cathy

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Silent Auction

Has anyone set up a Silent Auction using the WA event/registration system? I have a feeling that this is going to be a pretty difficult thing to do.

If they have are there any tips they can give me before I dive into planning this event?

Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On line petitions

Our group would like to develop an online petition for our members to sign and add their personal comment to the petition statement.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Linking Members to Groups

It sure would be great to be able to link members to specific groups without having their membership level and billing change. Now the only way to put members into a group is through family/corporate bundles and when doing so, the member moves to a different level of membership. Just a simple 'link' feature to activate in membership levels that allow groups and have member ID's inserted would be very helpful. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Member Websites

I would like to see Wild Apricot offer member websites as an add-on option to association members.

The profiles are great and the ability to link to the members website is also good. But most members would appreciate having a website they could edit themselves instead of a static site they have to hire a webmaster to change.

Member websites could offer the same templates as association sites but minus the association functionality that we need.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Officer Designations

I would love to have some sort of "officer" designation capability. I use WA for three(!) nonprofits I'm involved with, each of which has volunteer officers. I've adjusted a few things and made all kinds of workarounds, but if there was a way to assign an officer position to a member, it would simplify many of our processes. Things this could help:

An "officer" directory that is automatic (even if it had to be created through a saved search). My current workaround is to either 1) do a plain web page and list members, updating their info as it changes,…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Database for things that members own

I have been tasked with adding a special database to our Wild Apricot site.

We need to list details of the boats that our members own and I would dearly
    like them to be able to update the info on their boat themselves (it will
    save me a lot of work!).

I would like to have quite a large number (around 30) customisable fields,
    some with free text entry and some with drop down menu choices.

I need to add at least one photo, preferably more, to each record.

It needs to be searchable on any field.

There would ideally…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scholarship Application Management

Our non-profit provides multiple scholarships throughout the year- we take applications from students, early to mid-career professionals, and professionals nominating a mentor.

Currently, we are at a loss on how to best create these. We have been using the events section, but it seems to be confusing the people who need to fill out the application.

It would be nice to have a module dedicated to Scholarship Application Management with the ability to require that someone be at a specific membership level to apply.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Charts and visualizations

We're always looking for ways to make Wild Apricot more useful, and also more exciting and fun. One thing that can actually do both is the use of graphs and visualizations. They're handy to track progress of your activities, and can also be put into sideshows and reports. We've had a lot of people ask for a way to quickl summarize their organization in a series of charts

Like anything cool and fun (and useful!) it can take a while to develop them, and there's nothing we dislike more than spending a lot of time on something that doesn't meet…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An editable Admin "Scratch Pad" for temporary and ongoing notes and crib sheets

At the top of my own wish list -- certainly in the top three -- is the need for user guidance. Wild Apricot's help pages are mostly well done and cover it all, but that's their problem. They're generic and so much to read that nobody ever will.

We need our own editable help screens or pop-ups, or something.

But for now, let's pull my wish back, a lot -- it would be invaluable just to have a place where we could store and update cribsheets for various Admin chores.

Currently we sorely need this for Advanced Searches. We have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A method to check if new members are also members of a associated club

Our hiking club, Green Valley Recreation Hiking Club is a DBA of a larger non-profit, Green Valley Recreation. Members must first belong to the GVR before they can join our hiking club. It would be nice to have GVR's database of members' numbers and the capability of comparing your member list to the GVR database list to ensure they are a member before allowing them to join the hiking club. Any ideas?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create multiple links on an image

Create multiple links on an image.
    Indicate where a section of an image is linked to. That is with multiple logos in a random arrangement in a single image each logo can be linked to its own URL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base