Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Subfields

I would like to have a "subfield" option for my membership fields. With that, a member who chooses a certain option of the field is given additional multiple choices. For example, a member who picks "music" can then pick from "piano", "guitar", "singing" and such. Sub-fields would help with a more logical organization of member profiles.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Charts and visualizations

We're always looking for ways to make Wild Apricot more useful, and also more exciting and fun. One thing that can actually do both is the use of graphs and visualizations. They're handy to track progress of your activities, and can also be put into sideshows and reports. We've had a lot of people ask for a way to quickl summarize their organization in a series of charts

Like anything cool and fun (and useful!) it can take a while to develop them, and there's nothing we dislike more than spending a lot of time on something that doesn't meet…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An editable Admin "Scratch Pad" for temporary and ongoing notes and crib sheets

At the top of my own wish list -- certainly in the top three -- is the need for user guidance. Wild Apricot's help pages are mostly well done and cover it all, but that's their problem. They're generic and so much to read that nobody ever will.

We need our own editable help screens or pop-ups, or something.

But for now, let's pull my wish back, a lot -- it would be invaluable just to have a place where we could store and update cribsheets for various Admin chores.

Currently we sorely need this for Advanced Searches. We have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A method to check if new members are also members of a associated club

Our hiking club, Green Valley Recreation Hiking Club is a DBA of a larger non-profit, Green Valley Recreation. Members must first belong to the GVR before they can join our hiking club. It would be nice to have GVR's database of members' numbers and the capability of comparing your member list to the GVR database list to ensure they are a member before allowing them to join the hiking club. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create multiple links on an image

Create multiple links on an image.
    Indicate where a section of an image is linked to. That is with multiple logos in a random arrangement in a single image each logo can be linked to its own URL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include Domain Registration and Email Hosting to Plans

Especially with the pretty sizable jump in pricing, it would sure be nice if Wild Apricot would allow a single-source for all of our website needs. What I would like to see is that through Wild Apricot they would offer DNS Domain Name Registration AND to also offer email hosting that all ties in to our site. This would allow me to quit paying someone else each year for domain renewals and email hosting. I would love it to be a full one-stop-shop.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Identification cards

Most clubs have membership id's badges that are integrated into access to their facilities. I would be great to be able to use the wild apricot data base and software the manage badges and membership access to buildings.

I am wondering if you have this option or do you partner with a company that does this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ratings and Reviews

Is the option available for members to comment and rate/rank

* blog posts
    * business ads
    * forums
    * events
    * members

This would be so useful and my our community more dynamic.

Thanks!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automated invoicing and universal delete on o/s invoices

HI

I would like to recommend a few two enhancements. We are a tennis club and we have a discounted membership fee applicable to certain date. After which, the price rises. The issues we have encountered are :

1) We tried the automated invoice this year but quickly realized that members could on;y renew their membership and were locked out of adding additional services, such as joining and paying for house league. When they paid the membership fee they could not select House League and pay the additional $20 - not sure if anything can be done other than not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need to do an inclusive search

Our group is collaborating with another nonprofit on a project. We need to send emails to a select group of emails e.g. we are targeting certain companies. We know the @company email addresses we want to target. The way the current search works, it is exclusive rather than inclusive. You can tell it who not to include in the search, but now who to include. When you have a large database, it is too hard to find all of the emails NOT to include.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In the mobile app, we would like to be able to see a list of events people both signed up for and we’re checking in for.

Our members get education credits for each event they attend. They need a record of what they actually attended. Ie which events they registered for and were checked in for at the event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Trimester membership periods

Would like to be able to do trimester memberships. We have a setup similar to schools - fall, spring, summer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add functionality to capture last 10 users who accessed a page

Add functionality to capture last 10 users who accessed a page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expanded Next events on the dashboard

I wish that the Dashboard could show more than the "Next 3 Events." Maybe 5? or a view more button?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be great if the membership card could be enlarged to an 8x11 certificate! PLEASE :)

Let the membership card be enlarged into an 8x11 full page certificate. Would be nice for members to have to hang on walls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Online Jurying System within Website

As the web developer for an art organization, we have the need for members to upload their images to a jurying system for annual exhibitions. We currently use an outside service, which is outdated and hard to navigate. Our events are listed on our website for registration, and then our members need to go to another site to upload their application images. It would be a great feature to have the jurying system included within our own site.

I know there are a number of art organizations who also have their websites with WA and would benefit from this type…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Income per group/city?

It would be most helpful if there was a feature that would allow us to see income generated per group or city. It would save us hours and hours of trying to figure this out manually. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Renewal date last changed

I would love if my new memberships would have a renewal date last changed on it. The way it is set up now I have to run two reports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Individual Interaction Logging Capability

Hi, I really like Wild Apricot and would have almost immediately (after uploading sample data) changed to a formal membership if you had had the capability of documenting interactions with my members as they happen: email interactions outside the apricot system, phone calls and site visits (basically, technical assistance interactions). Secondarily, accessible by and available for multiple staff members to be able to add their interactions as well would be wonderful. If you ever add this functionality, please let me know so that I can switch! I plan to use AMO specifically because it offers that capability. Sincerely, and regretfully,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base