Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and phyiscal mailing myself, I am just looking for a bit of automation in producing the formatted text of the letter (using macros to automatically populate the letter with the right information).

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mspreitzmspreitz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon LongleyBrandon Longley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

It seems that the functionality of printing email templates still isn't available.

What I would like to do is similar to how you can reprint invoices and payment receipts, but instead with emails from a contact's email log (membership activation) or email templates.

I could imagine it would happen like a print preview. I understand that most users will receive email copies however a large majority of them prefer to have a physical copy of proof of membership.

Is this possible?

• Evgeny aka Apricot KernelAdminEvgeny aka Apricot Kernel (Product Manager, Wild Apricot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is probably to be covered with so called "Newsletter templates" feature we're planning to release in 2012 Q2 - see http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8832034-email-templates-3194 .

Main part of the change will be ability to use predefined templates when sending email to a member or list of members - including usage of macro.

• Richard ClaytonRichard Clayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, count me in for that too, we have a few members who insist on having mail rather than email.

Thanks, Richard.

• MLAElizaMLAEliza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. Sometimes I have to send physical letters or membership cards and I would LOVE to be able to do that within wild apricot rather than having to export or copy past the member's data to a word processing document.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7