Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save sent e-mails as PDF or web page

I have old newsletters in my e-mail log that I would like to be able to link to my website. I'd like to be able to have an export option for them so that I can save them as PDF or as a webpage.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Email System with Social Media so announcements automatically post to Facebook & Twitter

It would be wonderful to have your email system offer the feature to automatically post email announcements to Facebook and Twitter. We recently switched from a free Mailchimp account to Wild Apricot and miss many of the features that Mailchimp's email system offered over WA. Basic integration with social media is a key feature needed in today's world. Please add an automated workflow between email and social media. Thanks!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed Code in Email for Videos, Surveys, etc.

Why can't we embed code in emails for Videos, surveys, etc. It really hampers the interaction and engagement with our members and contacts. Any timeline on this?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email templates

Please consider adding a search function to the email template page. In addition, it would be amazing if we could organize them into folders.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Marketing Automation for Emails

Marketing Automation is a really important and effective feature for building relationships with members, retaining members/customers, and building a brand.

Unlike one-off campaigns, automations are triggered when specific people meet the pre-defined criteria you set.

For example, you can introduce folks to your company with a welcome series, get repeat customers by sharing product recommendations, re-engage lapsed customers, send happy birthday messages, and more.

It would be ideal if WA offered a number of automation types with built-in triggers for common activities, with the ability to create a custom automation if needed.

Once you’ve chosen an automation, added your content,…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Want ability to choose more than 1 name at a time from contact list

Allow me to pick more than one name at a time from the contact list for an email.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Universal Email Footer

Need more info in footer when sending email blasts. CAN-SPAM requires a valid physical address.

Good -- Allow editing of the default footer that is added to all email blasts.

Better -- Allow editing, and saving, of multiple footers that can be chosen from, and added, by name, to each email blast as it is created and sent.

Best -- Allow editing of a default footer that is saved with all saved searches. Then, when a saved search is used to send an email blast, the footer saved and sent with it can be edited, and re-saved.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. conditional macro

Allow for Conditional Macros so I can eliminate text when a macro field is empty such as:

Dear {First Name} If{Second Name}<> null then "and " {Second Name}

this might result in:

Dear Bruce and Barb
    Dear Bruce

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Break out unsubscribes in email data summary

Currently, the summary of an email blast or event announcement shows total opens and clicks. Clicks are a good thing BUT in this case, the clicks include unsubscribes which is important information that might be skewing your analysis.

I would propose that clicks to unsubscribe be broken out so the summary says: total opens, clicks and unsubscribes.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Default Font Size in New Email Editor

In the new editor, have the ability to change default font size and type and retain the setting so it does not revert to the default in each Text gadget created.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. secondary email address and email log

I think it's important to see the results of each email in the Email Log. The capability to CC to additional email addresses is a HUGE step forward. However, the Log does not include the additional email addresses. It looks as if they don't exist, there is no way to know it worked unless you include a QC profile.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. push failed emails

Display a direct link/summary of failed email addresses in the in the Dashboard Summary screen. Currently, it appears that the only way to track/resolve bad email addresses for members is to remember to check the email log and look up the information manually. A reminder/summary in the Dashboard Summary would make this much easier and avoid bad email addresses being overlooked, since it appears there is no other "up front" way to notice them without having to go into the email log or a member's record.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If email failure rate is high, notify admin and/or sender

If an e-blast has an unusually high failure rate, notify the webmaster and/or the sender.

The notification should include instructions on how to see the failures and the error messages, how to discover the reason for a failure, and how to resend to the failed addresses.

The failure rate and who to notify could be user-configurable but should not default to nobody.

And URLs in the displayed Failure Text should be clickable.

This suggestion comes from having discovered that 15% of our e-blast last night was rejected by AOL and Yahoo. The error messages suggested resending, which worked. But if…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. emails: choose a list of contacts and then manually be able to delete or add individual contacts to that list

Many many things. But one is the following. When sending an email blast I would like to be able to choose a list of contacts and then manually be able to delete or add individual contacts to that list. There might be someone who is in a list I made of donors that have donated since 2012 that I do not want to email this time. I can't seem to do that currently.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable an external person to send an email to a group within the organization

I would like to have a "Contact us" option (i.e., Scholarship Committee) that an external person (member/non-member) could use to contact a group of organization/board members. I envision someone clicking on "Scholarship Committee" within the "Contact Us" dropdown and being able to send an email to the entire Scholarship Committee.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emailing a subset of event registrants

I'd love to be able to email a subset of event registrants based on responses in registration fields. For example, emailing only those registrants who have indicated they'll be bringing a guest. In other words, allowing for some advanced email filters on an event page, similar to the advanced search filters. Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Renewal Emails

Love most of the functionality of Wild Apricot.

In reading many sources, a lot of which are provided by Wild Apricot, I note that organizations that have a renewal rate over 80% typically have a never-ending cycle of renewal messages that go out - they start 30 days after someone renews their membership.

I would like to be able to have more than the minimal number of membership renewal emails that are possible now - is it 3 or 4, I don't recall at this second. It would be really good to have 10 renewal emails available.

Thanks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. save as template

I would like to see the option to save an email as a template from everywhere an email can be created. Currently, I have to go to the email log and create templates from there, which is fine if the email has been sent. But there is no option to save as a template when you are editing emails from events or membership levels. I want all of my emails to have the same look and feel. Currently, I have to make an email (announcement, renewal reminder, etc) and fudge the system so it sends the email to me (using…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email Signature

I would like to have a set up in the email section that I could add my signature to the emails that I send, much like Outlook has a signature that you can set. There are two of us that send emails in WA and it would be helpful to have a signature for each of us. Right now I am having to type my name and contact info on each email.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide the capability of allowing the user to select as his default the font type and font size he/she prefers to use.

have the user select the default type font and size he/she prefers to use. Now, we must go through selecting our preferred font and its size for every email we do. Sometimes if the content is fairly long the system reverts to your default and the result is text with a mixed font which then requires further editing. Someone suggested a "preferences" approach. That would work for me.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base