Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. option to easily unsubscribe from all emails

When people hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email, it would be good, as a checkbox option on the page they land on, to allow them to unsubscribe from all emails, not just newsletters. I suspect some of our contacts will not be happy if they still receive event notifications when they intended to unsubscribe fully. I don't think that one should ask them to login to do this (from their full profile). At present, we will need to manually check for these people and remove them from other mailings.

PS. It would also be good if…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrectmacroname} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort templates

Email templates should be searchable, and/or you should be able to sort by date created, date last used, name, etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. email alias

Need to be able to have email alias. i.e. president@organization.org that will forward an email to a particular member (i.e. me@gmail.com) or group of members i.e. executiveboard@organization.org that will forward to a group of members.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow members to email blast

Allow all members to send out blast emails and to set up groups for blast email. We were going to use this as a communication platform

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More Event Macros available for general email templates

We would like to be able to add the Event Macro 'Registration Buttons' to regular emails. As it is now it is only available in the 'Event Emails'. We use several email templates which we have prepared to publicize our event. It would be really helpful to have more of the event macros available in the General Email templates.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email wizard: open discussion of recent changes

Hello,

my name is Andrew, and I’m a member of emailing development crew at Wild Apricot.

I want to thank you for your feedback about new compose email wizard feature. In this thread I would like to explain the reasons and goals behind emailing facelift and workflow changes that we’ve done in release 5.8 - https://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.8

Our main goal is to make composing mass email as easy as possible. As we planned to release new features such as scheduling, selecting and using email templates, smart recipient selection, custom layouts and many others, we realised that we cannot have them all…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop applying website styles to emails when composing

Currently when composing an email you cannot tell if it is styled properly as website styles are applied in the composition window.

E.g. my website text is Open Sans 16pt and I want to send an email in Open Sans 16pt. It looks like it is already formatted that way when composing, because website styles are applied. When a test email arrives in my inbox the text might be a mix of styled and unstyled. (Also, the font indicator in the email composer is unreliable.)

I can't think of any good reason for it to be set up this way.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Different membership renewal reminders for auto-renewal

I would love to be able to send a different reminder email for those members who are set up for automatic renewal. I get a lot of negative feedback from members who are getting the three reminder emails regarding their membership when they are set up for automatic renewal. I do put text in bold to disregard the message if they are set up for automatic renewals, but it doesn't really seem to penetrate. I would like to see a different email that I could send to them; something like, "Your membership is set up to automatically renew in two…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back the DISCARD email button please

Please bring back the discard email button!!!! During one of the updates the email system was changed and you can no longer discard the email you are working on. Because of this we are ending up with a whack of emails we have to go through and individually delete. This is a pain. The "Save and Exit" feature is great, but sometimes you don't want to save what you started, you just want to discard it without having to go to the effort of going to the Emails page to select the email and delete it. Thank you!!!! :)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Disable renewal reminders for members with automated recurring payments enabled

It would be great if we had the option to disable the various "Renewal Reminder" automated emails for those members who have automated recurring payments configured! We try to word the emails to indicate that those members can disregard the reminders, but it still causes confusion, especially for those members who worry that their membership will expire of they don't take action when the reminder email arrives in their inbox.

There should be an additional checkbox for each of the reminder email configurations, which would allow us to optionally skip those members who have enabled automated recurring payments.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Professionalize email Unsubscribe process and let us change opt-out instructions. In many ways the opt-out process is incomplete ...)

Professionalize email Unsubscribe process and let us change opt-out instructions. In many ways the opt-out process is incomplete (at best) and (at worst) amateurish. Professional marketers would be embarrassed at the omissions, awkwardness and inconsistencies as things stand now. And WA wants us to look as professional as it does, right?

UNSUBSCRIBE LINK TARGET PAGE:

We can add custom language explaining that we have "two lists" and that the button applies only to the type of email they clicked on. But then the system concludes by saying, "do you want to unsubscribe from email blasts?" Huh? For starters, some of…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. email list forwarding

I like being able to send email to our list of members, and I like being able to have them maintain their own contact info via their profile.

I hate your email/HTML editing tool, it's just horrible.

Can you please give me a way to simply have an email list address to which I can send an email from my favorite email client and it will forward to the membership list? I don't really care about link or open tracking.

Example: send an email to members@mydomain.com. It forwards to all members (or whatever search subset I define when I…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. email failures

simpler variation of email failures suggestion.
    Tech support recommended I make this feature request. Since failing emails are logged to an email failure page, If any outgoing email(s) fail(s} notify the admin or a preset role to view the email failure page. Only 1 notifiication need be sent per day. The admin can then logon and fix automatic emails or notify a user why their email failed. This will prevent the admin from having to log on each day or from getting tons of emails if there are multiple failures.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make typography of emails match typography of the website

When composing emails, the fonts and sizes of the various styles: Heading 1..., body, whatever, don't match the typography set up as the default for the website. So a Heading 1 on the website itself might be Verdana 18 pt Red, but in an email it might be Times Roman (uuggghh!) 18 pt Black.

Could the typography in the Emails match that of the website?

Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HTML

1) Bring back the HTML button in the toolbar at the top of the e-mail editor. Having to delete the default text box and add the HTML widget seems pretty lame to me.

2) Bring in the ability to double-click on the e-mail text when you come back to edit an e-mail. Having to go over to the right and click on the button to change the HTML code isn’t very intuitive.

3) Wrap the text in the HTML editor window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. From Email without Web Hosting

We need the ability to set the "From email" to an email at our own domain without setting Wild Apricot as our website host. We do not want to host our website with WA, we are happy with our current hosting and design. We want WA to be utilized to manage our membership and send out emails. Emails coming from "******@wildapricot.org" are getting flagged as possible phishing emails since our members have not received emails from this address previously.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Linking spouses

Husband/wife are both members but share 1 email. When blast is sent to only men or only women it may not be received by the appropriate person. Affected members resistant to setting up 2nd email as a work around. Can they be linked and both copied if a shared email address is identified or flagged.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Themes should have their own specific email templates

The new themes are good, but if you want your emails to look like your site, you have to make your own email template. Crazy! Why can't WA just make email templates that go with themes?? This would make life easier and improve user experience

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base