Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to customize blog post summary (teaser) size

Web space is a premium and managing the space is a vital element of more content. Currently posting a blog posts text up to 10 lines and offers the read more option. If we can limit the opening post to a more concise presentation to say 5 lines or less it forces us to be more content rich with our opening line and we can register more read more clicks. The strategy is not to tell too much in ten lines, but just say enough in 5 lines or less so our users are prompted to read more.

I hope…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhancements for Groups functionality

In our 2.36 update we have released Groups functionality - ability to organize members into groups - such as 'Board of Directors', 'Volunteer Committee', etc. These groups are independent of membership levels - one group can include members from different levels. These groups can be used to keep track of member participation in committees, restrict access to website pages to a particular group, or for advanced searches and emails. Seehttps://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+groups

We are contemplating a number of possible further enhancements to this and would love to get your feedback.
    Here are our initial ideas:

1) Group moderators. Group moderator is…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a page where a veiwing member or not, can forward to a friend. Other websites call it "Tell A Friend". The point is if you are int

Provide a page where a viewing member or not, can forward to a friend. Other websites call it "Tell A Friend". The point is if you are interested in a particular event, whether you can make it or not, you can forward the event page to someone you think is interested. You provide your email and the friend's email.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change "Guests" to "Teams" and make mandatory field

We are registering school teams for a competition. We'd like to be able to either change the word "Guests" to "Teams", or have another option other than "Guests". Also, we'd like to make the field mandatory -- we had schools register, but they didn't see "Guests" all the way at the bottom, even with highlighted reminders, so they didn't register their teams. If it could be made to be a required field, they wouldn't miss what is at the bottom of the page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drop down menus for state and country fields

Drop down menus for state fields (2 letter abbreviations) and countries (with U.S at top)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Obscure an event organizer's email address in event email announcements.

Currently if an event is announced using the event email settings the organizer's email address will go to all recipients. The only way to protect the email address of the organizer is require that the event organizer be listed using a more generic administrative email address but this will reroute all event email reports on registration away from the organizer as well.

This proposal is that there be an option to use the admin email return address but to include a hyperlink to the organizer's personal message system contact web page.

The status of this option would map the organizer's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. registration button that can be placed ANYWHERE on a page

It would be great if the 'register' button could be placed in a specific location on the page. If you are hosting an event that has multiple registration options the register button gets buried at the bottom of the page and (we're told) it can be hard to find.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Registration time

Currently the registration start time we set for an event is ignored. If the date is Sept. 1st for example, members can begin registering at 12:01 am on Sept. 1 instead of the 9:00 am we entered. This is an issue for members who don't want to stay up late in order to register before the event is sold out.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. continue to invoice member for each renewal period

Many membership organizations (golf clubs, etc.) have policies to continue invoicing members even in the event that a member fails to pay the invoice for the preceding membership term. The primary reason that organizations do this is that their membership policies have been tailored to cover the underlying fixed costs faced by the organization. In such organizations the policy generally is to require that the member opt out of the membership by communicating that intention in some fashion to the organization, rather than simply by stopping payment.
    Currently on Wild Apricot if a member does not pay an invoice the…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clear all demo content

Current situation
    Various account templates populate a site with demo content to help users explore and understand how Wild Apricot works, but this content has to be manually and individually updated/deleted.

Desired
    Simple way to remove all demo content from trial accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reminders emails based on a custom date field

Reminders emails based on a custom date field we have many members that need to renew licences at varying times throughout their membership reminder emails would be fantastic.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enforce stronger member passwords

When a password is generated by the application, it seems quite secure. However, when people change their passwords, they usually don't make them as secure as they should be. Is there a way to reject a new password if it isn't secure? Or provide a "meter" that shows just how secure their new password really is so that they can reevaluate their choice? I know of some Javascript coding for this purpose (http://javascript.internet.com/passwords ), but I'm not sure if it's possible to use any of it in a CMS environment like yours.

Thank you for your attention!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    scottishlass …

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Security / Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow secondary/alternate emails for members

Current features:
    Each contact/member (company or individual) can only have one email that is used to receive messages.

Desired features:
    Allow contacts/member to have multiple emails that can be used to receive emails.

449 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the late update.

The first step was finished and emails can now be carbon copied to contact’s alternative emails. To do so the contact fields which store the alternative emails must be explicitly marked on the email setting page.

Unsubscribing will unsubscribe all alternative emails simultaneously because they all belong to the very same account. The person clicking “unsubscribe” is warned about this on the unsubscribe page.

For now we paused the development of this feature. but not for good. :) So I’m changing this wish status back to “collecting comments”.

Thank you everyone for a valuable feedback.

14. Competition Management

Additional Module Request (Compeitions Manager)

Desired Behavior:
    Add a customizable scoring database/ score keeping module for the purposes of managing competitions over tracking the registrant's scores.

Example; a member/contact registers for an event (i.e annual photographic competition).

The Event/Competition
    -> Has categories
    --> Has Entries per categories

Once established those categories can be used on a reoccurring basis tracking score for the member on a per event and accumulated total.

Optional extra - would be great if certificates would also be printed from the results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Predictive search dropdown

We want a field with all the colleges in the US. It would be nice if this had predictive search where someone could type a few letters and it would show some relevant results. This list is too long for a dropdown and there are too many variations of college names for a text field. Also, if someone attended a school not on the list, it would be nice if other was an option and someone could type in their school.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need to take attendance at events without registration, or need a bulk registration feature.

We have general membership meetings twice per month that are also open to visitors. There is currently no way to check people as present without registering them each individually. It would be helpful to be able to check members and contacts as present without having to register them. Or, at least, it would be helpful to bulk register members or contacts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. business card

I started Tucson Business Networking on Facebook on July 1. I currently have over 1,110 members and need to expand it soon to a website and electronic directory. It is extremely important to me to allow the member to import his/her business card to the directory. I am on a 30-day trial as of this evening and would like to transfer to a paid membership within the trial period. Do you currently have this feature or can you add it soon?
    Thank you,
    Stacy Fowler
    520-419-5683

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display selective details on upcoming events gadget in public view

When member events are created, the location information is also shared in the public view. This is concerning as this is sensitive information and must not be shared to the general public.
    Currently, my work around has been to create events to not display the locations and use filter to display them on my home page to provide as an incentive for prospective members.

Can there be an option where I can select what information is to be shared in the public view vs when a member is logged in, especially for location.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make safer sending mass emails - e.g. allow to halt after sending

Whenever sending a system email there should be a confirmation box. ie "yes i want to send this email."

There should also be an option to HALT a sending of a mass emailing SOMEWHERE in your system. I just sent out a mass email to the entirety of my membership that was meant to be sent as a draft to ME ALONE and I was none to happy to find out there was no halt sequence....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base