Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Importing payments from QuickBooks online

An extremely useful feature would be the ability to export payment data from QuickBooks (including the online version) into WA. Many of our corporate members pay by check, and currently we have to manually update WA to reflect those payments. That shouldn't be necessary.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Tracking and setting a termination date for unpaid event registrations

I would love to see a feature that would allow you to set an unpaid registration cancellation date. For instance, "(Member) your event registration will be cancelled if left unpaid more than ( _) days." For an employee to keep track of this is a headache. For your system to keep track of this is it's probably a few lines of new code.

12 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Collect only registration form for guest registrations

Currently the three options for Guests of a registration are: For guest registrations Only collect total number of guests Collect contact information for each guest Collect full registration form for each guest All of our events allow for guests from the same Company. The guests can choose a variety of options that do not have to be the same as the registrant. We don't need the full contact information again, and having to enter it is somewhat bothersome. However we do need more that just the guest count. The only work around found is to include "Participant #1", "Participant #2"…

12 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • option to easily unsubscribe from all emails

When people hit the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email, it would be good, as a checkbox option on the page they land on, to allow them to unsubscribe from all emails, not just newsletters. I suspect some of our contacts will not be happy if they still receive event notifications when they intended to unsubscribe fully. I don't think that one should ask them to login to do this (from their full profile). At present, we will need to manually check for these people and remove them from other mailings.

PS. It would also be good if…

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Creating More Dynamic Web Pages - Database API Required?

I would like to be able to pull individual data fields from the contact database and insert them dynamically within my content. This would, I feel, make pages more dynamic, reduce my workload, allow a high level of personaliation of member content and, I feel, enable member websites to become a little more sticky, creative and innovative. What do you think?

For example, I'd like to personalise content for each chapter/member but the content would be the same for each chapter/member. With the current system every time I create a new piece of content I then have to dupliate that…

9 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • multiple choice with extra cost - needs more mgmt options

We would find "multiple choice with extra cost" much more useful if it had a few more features. We find we always need capacity and the ability to close a multiple choice option without deleting it. We hold an annual conference with many extra choices for social events and luncheons at extra costs. We run into WA problems for example when In the last days leading up to the event, we have to close some of the multiple choice items(caterer needs last head count), but we can still take general event registrations. Or, we may have an offsite tour and…

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Hide non-member registration types for members

We set up a yearly event in which members and non members are invited to attend at different prices. I create different registration types and that all works fine. When a non member registers they only get the non-member registration types, that is good. But when an active member starts to register for the event they get both the member and non-member price options.

Does anyone know a way to hide the non-member pricing from the logged-in members so they only get offered the member pricing? Am I missing a checkbox combination in setting up the Reg types?

Elliott

http://nahac.memberlodge.com/

9 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Group donations by year

It would be helpful if we could group our donations by fiscal year.

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Notify Administrator about attempted but failed Donations

Unless I'm configured wrong I am not being notified when someone attempts, but ultimately fails,in making an online donation.

They could fail either because their credit card does not go through properly or they simply close the PayPal page. Although the transaction shows up in Wild Apricot as a Pending Donation it would be great if I could also be notified by email like a pending payment event registration.

I always follow-up with a phone call to these pending donations, but sometimes I miss them if I'm not emailed about it.

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Donations / Fundraising  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Customizing event registration emails by tags

We have several event categories as well as several event managers. They all receive event registrations for all events. In a future update can you set a customizable event registration that can be filtered by event tags instead of a broad based all event email registration receipt. For example, we have social events, race events, junior events and a crane pad reservation calendar. There is an event manager for each of these categories. If there is a registration for a dinner (social event)… the race, junior and crane event managers all get the social event notification and vice versa. My…

7 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Activity Feed on Dashboard

Currently
                        There is no way for administrators to get a big picture of their member and administrators site activity. This causes situations where unwanted or mysterious changes (deleted pages, members,etc) happen that they are unable to track the action, sometimes not until it is too lare.

Desired
                        Provide a way for both clients and support to quickly review a textual history of site changes by administrators and members. And possibly a 'gadget' to broadcast member and or site activity out to members/public.

This could be accomplished by creating an activity feed on the dashboard. Similar to the news feed in…

11 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Remove Auto Email when Exporting

I would like an option to turn off the automatic email that comes when you download information (like financial transactions, event lists, etc. We make multiple small downloads a day and there is not a need for notification.

10 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import / Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Query active members in prior years (they can be inactive now)

I want to query my member database to determine how many active members we had in prior years. For example, how many members did we have in 2012? I have set criteria for member status=active and member since<12/31/2012. My problem is that I need to count members who have been members since 2009, unless they lapsed before 1/1/2012 and were not active during 2012. I cannot figure out how to do that with the advanced query structure.

7 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Members  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • add a visitors counter to our website

From time to time we receive questions at our support like "I want to add a visitors counter to our website. Telling a user: "Your are visitor number: #".

From design point of view and the current state of web development, visitors counters (or hit counters) are mostly considered as outdated, not used any more. But it still might be important for you and so I decided to create a wishlist thread to collect your opinions on that.

Please, share your thoughts!

9 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Hide a menu link from header when member is logged it

I am wanting to customize the header navigation when a member logs in. Basically my customer has a tab that says "Why Join". They would like for that to vanish when logged in. This will allow for the navigation not to wrap or cause other issues in the navigation

I am wondering if Wild Apricot has 2 header files or any suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks in advance.

8 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Macros in the Email Editor

Whenever we view an email in the system, any macro appears with a yellow highlight. When we go into edit mode the highlight goes away and we only have the curly braces (as in {macro}) to indicate where the macros are.

However, if a database column has its header changed, all macros that refer to that column now fail quietly and the {incorrect_macro_name} and its curly braces are sent to the recipient. This looks very unprofessional and it would be good if we had a better way to detect the error.

How about: Wherever a text string surrounded by {curly…

8 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Scholarship Application Management

Our non-profit provides multiple scholarships throughout the year- we take applications from students, early to mid-career professionals, and professionals nominating a mentor.

Currently, we are at a loss on how to best create these. We have been using the events section, but it seems to be confusing the people who need to fill out the application.

It would be nice to have a module dedicated to Scholarship Application Management with the ability to require that someone be at a specific membership level to apply.

10 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Email macro for Organization Contact Name

It would be good to be able to specify an "Organization Contact Name" under Settings->Organization details. The "Organization Contact Name" could then be a macro that could be incorporated into emails to members, so that we could say something like: "If you have any questions, please contact {Organization Contact Name} at {Organization Contact Email}." It is nice to be able to let people know who they will be contacting -- it's not so nice just to give them an email address to contact without a name. Of course, we can write a person's name into each email without a macro,…

10 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Control size and number of pictures members can add to their photo albums

We allow our members to upload photos into a photo album shown with their Profile. Our level allows each image to be up to 25MB and that is way too big for viewing satisfactorily and will also use up our maximum allowed MB in no time. We also have no way to limit the number of images in an album. The automatic features of limiting how many albums there are is nice as is the automatic thumbnail feature with a click to show the full image. However, we really need to be able to control the number and size of…

6 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base