Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Invoices and payments improvements in member's profile

On the contact (not in admin mode) “invoices and payments” web page under the contact’s profile there are three column labels: “Date”, “Transaction”, and “Balance Due”.
    Below this is a list of the financial transactions for the contact. When the contact makes donations the donation appears in the Transaction column as expected. However in the “Balance Due” column the amount of the donation appears. This is very confusing, misleading and incorrect. The column title should read “Amount”, not “Balance Due” since sometimes the amount is due and other times it is a donation. It does not appear that I have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Photo Album summary widget / multiple albums on a single page

I'd like to be able to display multiple albums on a single page a la gallery style. The user can then click on the album cover to open the album.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. HTML Formatting Improvements

I wish the HTML was not burdened by so much extraneous code.

I wish the HTML always opened formatted instead of in a paragraph clump.

I wish I could edit the HTML efficiently onsite without having to copy it to an outside source.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Attaching a File

Love MOST of the update to the way the files portion works after the upgrade - but I am not really happy at all with the way the file shows up within an email when you attach a file. Instead of it being neat and clean as it was before, now it shows resources/Documents, etc. etc. before inserting the name of the document that I need to send to our members. Is there a way to work around this? Not liking this long link that will confuse members. Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Renewing archived bundle membership

The current behaviour for renewal for a bundle membership which has lapsed and been archived means that the bundle admin is renewed correctly, but the bundle members are not.

Instead of being renewed the bundle members show up as lapsed, even though they should be taking membership data from the bundle and the bundle has been renewed. To fix them I've had to remove and then re-add the member to the bundle.

Bug or by design? Either way doesn't seem to make sense if the bundle admin has renewed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Administrator Login from WildApricot.com

Many clients have mentioned that it's difficult to remember their wildapricot.org address (e.g. associationname.wildapricot.org) and that it would be much easier if they could just login from WildApricot.com .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Frank responded

We’re currently testing a version of “Logging in from WildApricot.com” that consists of a Login button on the home page that allows users to send themselves their account login details.

If this experiment is successful, we’ll continue to improve this feature (e.g. allow users to login directly from WildApricot.com)

7. Invoice line-item export

I'm working on a financial report for my organization, and I'm trying to find the line-item detail for all financial transactions conducted through our site (so I can slice and dice the data to illustrate various aspects). Without this, it's not possible to resolve discrepancies in the data and close out our organization's finances.

I was able to download a report from "Payments and Refunds", however this only shows totals for each invoice and does not show what line items each person is paying for, so I can't break the data down fully. I also found the "Income" report under…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Trigger API call on Contact Change?

I would like to use the V2 API to automatically send updates to a FileMaker Pro database (and maybe others in the future) whenever certain fields in a Contact are changed such as name, address, email, etc.

The documentation on the API is clear and I can manually launch such a PHP program from the browser, but I need to automate the process so whenever a user or an administrator updates a contact record, the PHP program is invoked behind the scenes.

Is this possible?

Thanks in Advance,

-Jason Pryde

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  API  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Dmitry Smirnov responded

Hi folks,

Wild Apricot now supports outbound webhooks.

This means Wild Apricot can send programmatic notifications to external services when something important happens, e.g. when a contact is modified or an event registration is created. For a full list of possible notifications see our help page https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1670

Our next step is to make it available as Integromat module for less techy audience.

9. Prorating membership levels with recurring payments

I know that this feature is not available, but I am wondering if there is a workaround or another solution to address prorating membership levels with recurring payments. My client's problem is that if a member signs up before the renewal date of July or January 15 they are charged $100 when they join and then another $100 on July or January 15th. For example we had 23 members sign up in June and pay $100. They were charged $100 again on July 15th. Do you have any recommendations for handling this situation?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. {Organization_Payment_Instructions} macro in any/all of the membership emails

I'd like to include the {OrganizationPaymentInstructions} macro in any/all of the membership emails. Right now, it is only available on the "Renewal Notification" emails (Renewal Pending, Renewal Confirmed). I'd like to include it on the "Membership Applications" emails and the "Renewal Reminders" emails as well.

~ Kim

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Login to mobile app using social networks like Facebook

Add ability to login into mobile app using social networks logins like Facebook or Google. Wild Apricot desktop version has social login function, but mobile app does not.

It's much easier to login into a mobile app using Facebook or Google - no need to enter password. It is quite a standard these days in mobile apps.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Store Credit Card Information

Hi

Please add the capability to use the stored credit card feature of Authorize.net! Our members very much want this capability and it would increase our attendance at events. We need this for membership renewal, events and donations. Authorize.net has the interface well defined but Wild Apricot hasn't implemented the capability.

It would be OK to implement it in a way that your partners could provide us the capability rather than have it fully automated into Wild Apricot.

I hope others will comment as I've seen this asked for in the past.

Thanks

Kathy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move "reset to default" button in Colors and Styles panel

I find it too easy to delete customized styles set in the Colors and Styles area. The button to "reset to default" is directly beside the save button. I would prefer if this button were moved to the bottom of the panel so that it is less likely to be clicked by accident.

Also, the wording of the pop up dialogue box could be altered to make it more clear that all customizations will be lost. To make this even better, I would suggest forcing the administrator to type in "DELETE" or "RESET" in order to complete this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The ‘Reset to default’ function was updated with the 7.12 version release last week.

Also, we introduced a new Quick customization panel for Colors and styles. It is currently available just for Skyline and Whiteboard themes and will be rolled out to other themes in the coming weeks. Feel free to check and your feedback with us.

More about 7.12 release: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1723-version-712-release

Thank you for your votes and feedback.
    Have a good day!

Katya Tyukina,
    Product Manager of Wild Apricot by Personify

14. Data protection compliance for European users

I have already discussed this issue in General Discussions but just wanted to formally place it in the Wishlist.

This is the gist of current EU legislation on transfer of data outside the EU :

"Transfers may be made to any country or territory in respect of which the Commission has made a ‘positive finding of adequacy’. . . .The Commission has so far recognized Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Canada (commercial organisations), Switzerland, Faeroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Uruguay and the US Department of Commerce's Safe Harbour Privacy Principles as providing adequate protection . . .

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Legal  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
    https://www.wildapricot.com/termsofuse
    https://www.wildapricot.com/privacypolicy

• We added detailed explanations to our Privacy Policy regarding the information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, and how we make sure that information stays safe and private.
    • We added information about users in the EU so they understand their rights under the new EU GDPR.
    • We have incorporated a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) into our Terms of Use.

If you have any questions related to GDPR, please send them to privacy @ wildapricot.com email.

All information about GDPR is presented on our website: wildapricot.com/gdpr

15. Word Press Templates and Plugin

I would love a wordpress plugin that integrates wordpress into the Apricot membership database so that logins are seamless and various features of Apricot can be added to the wordpress publications. There are some tings that wordpress does better. ie categories, tags and local data storage, This would greatly expand the Apricot user base and add to flexibility.

This could be achieved though an integrated Theme that mirrors some of the default themes in Apricot Wordpress themes are also suitable for mobile devices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with QuickBooks Online

1) Integration with QuickBooks. Need to be able to download monthly in a way that recognizes existing customers and allows me to code transactions in WA according to my QB Chart of Accounts.

For financial data from Wild Apricot to be useful to Parent Booster USA, I have to be able to download an arbitrary number of transactions, e.g., all transactiuons in a month, for all members, them load those transactions into QuickBooks so that the download adds new transactions to the exisitng customer accounts. Downloads that create new customers each month aren't helpful. Beyond that, I'd like to be…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Exported Finance Info 'name' column problem

When I export data from the Finance area, WA puts the members names in one column (John Doe). I need the name to be in two columns so I can alphabetize by last name. I went to the WA support/help people and was told that's the way it is and I will need to do a 'text to columns' procedure as a 'workaround'. This is what I've been doing and, because I export frequently, it's an additional timely and frustrating problem when reformatting the Exports.

1. I would like WA to consider changing the way the names are exported in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Numeric field type

We had an old discussion about adding new type for a custom field - numbers:
    http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8834458-create-numeric-fields-7304

When we started our analysis work on this problem, we realized that we have no clear vision of what is underlying problem that our clients want to resolve with this new field type.

Most comments were about export into Excel, so it can properly recognize numbers. But from our point of view, export itself is a workaround to another problem - something is missing in Wild Apricot functionality and you try to substitute it with export. This means that adding new field type will…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From version 8.2 the Numeric field type and Numeric extra charge field type are available on Contact, Membership and Event forms. 

With a new version of API (2.3) we also added the proper recognition of these fields. 

You can find detailed information in our help site: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1959-numeric-field-types

Please, continue to share your feedback with us. Thanks for your support! 

19. Provide event name and membership level details in invoices

Currently, there is no way to report on financial transaction details in WA. I need a way to report by transaction - which event, what membership level, etc in Excel. Currently, the only way to determine this is to export a QuickBooks file and either open in Excel or import into QuickBooks. PLEASE add more financial reporting that gives details of each transaction (opposed to just saying Event Registration or Membership). This is crucial for bookkeeping because we track each transaction by type.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Forum Search

This is a requirement for any site. I can't imagine there isn't a SEARCH function on the Forum site. How sad. Please add this feature.

Bill

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?