Email Divider in Editing
When composing an email blast, I include several different topics of announcements. I'd like the divider tool, which is available in the webpage editor, in the emails as well so to make a solid line dividing different sections of the email.
Latest version of email editor has a divider gadget.
Karen Binkowski commented
Use the html <hr> (stands for horizontal rule)
Thank you for your suggestion.
Insert divider feature is not yet supported by Email Editor.
However, there are some workarounds to solve this problem:
* use the Insert table dialog
1. click Table > Create table...
2. set Rows text field to the number of topics, set columns to 1
3. click Border tab and set "Border width" text field to the desired separator height, also set the desired "Border color"
4. click Insert button at the bottom of the dialog
5. place cursor inside the first cell, and again click "Table" in editor menu
6. Table > Border > Table border width > None
7. Table > Border > Column border width > None
to add or remove table cells you could use
Table > Insert > Row above
Table > Insert > Row below
This solution will work in all email clients.
* you could upload a divider as an image and use it in the email, but be careful, some email clients don't display pictures, therefore some of your clients won't see it
* you could also set the bottom border of the layout cell and put each topic in a separate cell (that only works if you don't have many topics)
* you could use underscore symbol "_" and colorize or stylize it through editor to separate your topics
We recommend you to preview all view ports on preview step for sure everything is ok.
If you've got some comments or problems with that, feel free to connect us.
Team Husky at WildApricot, firstname.lastname@example.org