Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

367 results found

1. Admin review of newsletters and email blasts

Allow saved email drafts and newsletters to be viewed by other admins for approval before being sent out. Also, to allow another admin to send out an email created by someone different.
    For example:

1. Our newsletters need to be reviewed and approved before being sent out.
    2. We should be able to create an email blast and save it so someone else can send it, such as when preparing to go on vacation, or when another person needs to make edits.

3. There should be special admin permissions set up, so not just any admin can read or send…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop Emails with WildApricot domains from Going Straight to Recipient's Spam Folders. Happens all the time.

Please make the price tag on forms, and the security feature on the subscription form optional. I want like to remove them.

A membership price of free on job applications is out of place. The security feature on the subscription form takes up too much width.

Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to Include "Share" buttons and Social Icons in Email Templates

Our team regularly sends out email blasts using WA, but one thing that really would make a difference for us that does not currently seem to be available is the ability to add in social media buttons, such as a Facebook "Share" or just social icons in general, to any part of an email template, as well as the option to be able to share the email in its entirety via email or social media. One example that is currently out there is MailChimp which, for instance, allows one to drag in a social widget into their email's footer if…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Event Email Reminders required group selection

When duplicating an event - also duplicate the list the emails reminders are to be sent to. Monthly committee meetings always have the same group. Or require a group selection vs. reminders automatically going to the whole membership or contact list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable an external person to send an email to a group within the organization

I would like to have a "Contact us" option (i.e., Scholarship Committee) that an external person (member/non-member) could use to contact a group of organization/board members. I envision someone clicking on "Scholarship Committee" within the "Contact Us" dropdown and being able to send an email to the entire Scholarship Committee.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More opt-out/opt-in choices on event announcements

Currently, contacts have three choices on e-mail delivery: event announcement, e-mail blasts, and workflow e-mails. I send all three event announcements so that I can send an early one, mid-range in time, and last reminder. However, some of our members wish they could cut back on these and only get the first one. That's fine with me but I don't see any way to do this. Event announcements are a subscribe/unsubscribe choice. It would be great if we could have a subcategory of this where we could indicate which event announcements a person signs up for. Then, I could just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wording Clarification on Email Lists

This is a tiny change and won't gather many votes. But it's easy and would smooth the learning curve for new admins.

In the Compose your email screen, change the wording of the button from "Add contact list" to "Add saved search or subscription list". Or abbreviate to "Add search or subscription".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a full-featured newsletter system

Email Newsletters are essential for communicating with different user segments within our organization.

I would request that WA spend some time developing a fully-function newsletter system that has:

1. Unlimited newsletter/campaigns
    2. Automatically archive of newsletter for viewing by members
    3. Assign newsletter "managers" to specific newsletters
    4. Members can unsubscribe or subscribe using radio-buttons within their profile
    5. Ability to save a "draft"
    6. Ability to manually subscribe members to newsletter (csv or saved search/group)
    7. Track opens/bounces/unsubscribes
    145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please create an email and newsletter template using the new Homestead Painted Hills theme. Thank you

Please create an email and newsletter template using the new Homestead Painted Hills theme. Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. push failed emails

Display a direct link/summary of failed email addresses in the in the Dashboard Summary screen. Currently, it appears that the only way to track/resolve bad email addresses for members is to remember to check the email log and look up the information manually. A reminder/summary in the Dashboard Summary would make this much easier and avoid bad email addresses being overlooked, since it appears there is no other "up front" way to notice them without having to go into the email log or a member's record.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. when a member sends a message, system should copy it to the sender

Currently, if a member uses the facility to send a message to another member, the sender has to remember that this message has been sent. Please could you change the system page to that the sender can cc himself? alternatively, you could change the system page so that a copy is sent to the sender automatically.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow admin to define multiple sender emails and use them across the system

We've had a number of similar ideas - allow administrators to setup multiple "from" emails addresses (sender email) and use them in various scenarios like email blasts, event reminders, membership emails, etc. Currently all emails are sent from single FROM email, defined at Settings > Your Account > Organization Details > Email Settings

I merged all posts together so we can address them together properly. Quotes from some of original posts and comments:

"To avoid all site-related emails coming from a common sender, and risking email fatigue for our members, it would be terrific if one-off and system emails had…

180 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged together several closely related by meaning ideas – so we can properly resolve them all together, in different live scenarios

14. Overhaul WA HTML e-Mail to send out REAL HTML standard

A while ago I realized why my RESPONSIVE HTML e-Mails weren't responsive: I found out that the Wild Apricot eMail System does not send out WW3 confirm HTML eMails, as it "cleans" all HTML code from the templates that are not inside the <body> tag while sending it out.

This is a real problem because eMail clients like Apple Mail and others totally depend on the correct DOC Type and <meta> tag structure and content to correctly display HTML and give the viewing device the chance to arrange the layout according to the designer's CSS code. Without the complete HTML…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create the option of indicating the distribution list in an email blast

It would be handy to have the option to indicate on an email blast who the email was sent to in total. eg if the email was sent to all Committee Members. At the moment, members receive an email without know who else is on the distribution list for that particular email.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Frank responded

Interesting. But we’ll need to see more interest from other users, before we can seriously consider adding this feature.

16. Integrate Email System with Social Media so announcements automatically post to Facebook & Twitter

It would be wonderful to have your email system offer the feature to automatically post email announcements to Facebook and Twitter. We recently switched from a free Mailchimp account to Wild Apricot and miss many of the features that Mailchimp's email system offered over WA. Basic integration with social media is a key feature needed in today's world. Please add an automated workflow between email and social media. Thanks!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Emailing From Profiles

Can anyone advise me on the "message" links found in the member profiles?

What I mean is, when a member contacts another member by clicking on the button at top of profile, is there a way to "hide" the senders email address, or keep email back and forth private?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Emailing a subset of event registrants

I'd love to be able to email a subset of event registrants based on responses in registration fields. For example, emailing only those registrants who have indicated they'll be bringing a guest. In other words, allowing for some advanced email filters on an event page, similar to the advanced search filters. Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More options for who gets system emails

We'd love to be able to send membership system emails to different recipients for different areas of membership.

For instance, we have two categories of membership: Regular and Associate (service providers). Our Director of Membership handles regular members, and our Director of Associate Membership handles Associate Members.

Currently, all membership system emails go to one recipient (or one set of recipients). This means that either

1. One of the Directors gets all membership emails and must forward the relevant ones to the other director, or

2. All membership-related emails go to both Directors and they have to delete the ones they're not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add website URL to all emails from WA

This may seem like an odd request, but for those of us who design and manage multiple WA sites it can be a big deal. I am an administrator in probably dozens of WA websites, and sometimes I get emails from WA that say things like "Your Wild Apricot account..." or "upgrade your account..." or "...your website..." but nowhere in the email does it say which account/URL it's referring to. It's confusing.

I'd like to request that all emails from WA contain the account URL at the top of the email so that it is clear which one the email…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base