Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Custom fields for group members

It would be useful to be able to create custom database fields that apply only to members of a particular group. When someone is assigned or joins a group, they or the admin can fill in the group fields.

Example: Create a group called "Mentors". Have a custom field for members of the Mentors group called "Areas of Mentoring Expertise". On the directory of Mentors, members can search for Mentors by this field.

Secondary request: Be able to create a directory based on a group or groups, not just on membership level. I was able to do this by creating…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Forum Search

This is a requirement for any site. I can't imagine there isn't a SEARCH function on the Forum site. How sad. Please add this feature.

Bill

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Numeric field type

We had an old discussion about adding new type for a custom field - numbers:
    http://forums.wildapricot.com/forums/308920-archive/suggestions/8834458-create-numeric-fields-7304

When we started our analysis work on this problem, we realized that we have no clear vision of what is underlying problem that our clients want to resolve with this new field type.

Most comments were about export into Excel, so it can properly recognize numbers. But from our point of view, export itself is a workaround to another problem - something is missing in Wild Apricot functionality and you try to substitute it with export. This means that adding new field type will…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From version 8.2 the Numeric field type and Numeric extra charge field type are available on Contact, Membership and Event forms. 

With a new version of API (2.3) we also added the proper recognition of these fields. 

You can find detailed information in our help site: https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1959-numeric-field-types

Please, continue to share your feedback with us. Thanks for your support! 

4. Display event start time on calendar when in month view

It would be very helpful for us to be able to see the start time on events when you're viewing them on the calendar in month view. This seems to be a standard in calendar software that I have seen, including yahoo and google. Lots of our members will be immediately interested (or not) in an event simply because of the start time. Having to drill down to the event detail to see the time is a pain. Our work around is to put the start time at the beginning of the event title, but that is not an ideal…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Events responded

Released in version 5.11: help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.11

5. Display name of person registering for event automatically

Currently members have to check a box if they want their names to be shown.

We would rather have it the other way around.

have members check Box if they want to remain anonymous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide event name and membership level details in invoices

Currently, there is no way to report on financial transaction details in WA. I need a way to report by transaction - which event, what membership level, etc in Excel. Currently, the only way to determine this is to export a QuickBooks file and either open in Excel or import into QuickBooks. PLEASE add more financial reporting that gives details of each transaction (opposed to just saying Event Registration or Membership). This is crucial for bookkeeping because we track each transaction by type.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Directory multi-page dropdown page picker

On the directory, if there are more than one page of listings there is a dropdown box to the right of the search box so that you can quickly jump to a specific page (50 listings per page). If the directory is sorted by last name, the dropdown may show something like:

Aaro - Drem (1-50)

Drem - Fran (51-100)

Fran - John (101-150)

... and so on.

The four-character name abbreviations are derived from the first four letters of whatever serves as the link text for the directory entry (the first field in the leftmost column of the entry).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow bundle administrator and other bundle related macros in emails

Another interesting suggestion:

"I would like to be able to use hidden or administrator fields in email macros. We are an officials association and I use the bundles to group crews together. I would like to be able to identify the bundle (crew) administrator in the bundle member renewal notifications but it's not a field I can add. I just have to tell them to contact their crew administrator for renewal. It would be especially nice if I could get the name of the crew administrator included (rather than just email) but that would be more complex. "

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Membership responded

Released in version 5.13: help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.13

You can now insert macros to automatically display bundle information in emails.

Astra crew @ Wild Apricot

9. Integration with QuickBooks Online

1) Integration with QuickBooks. Need to be able to download monthly in a way that recognizes existing customers and allows me to code transactions in WA according to my QB Chart of Accounts.

For financial data from Wild Apricot to be useful to Parent Booster USA, I have to be able to download an arbitrary number of transactions, e.g., all transactiuons in a month, for all members, them load those transactions into QuickBooks so that the download adds new transactions to the exisitng customer accounts. Downloads that create new customers each month aren't helpful. Beyond that, I'd like to be…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limiting tickets sold per ticket type

Hello, I run a singles group and would like a feature where I have 20 tickets to sell, but only 10 womens tickets and 10 mens tickets.

Currently the system will allow me to limit tickets to 20, but I could have 20 women sign up unless I dillegently (really dilligently) watch ticket sales and disable womens tickets sales once it reaches 10.

This is one of the reasons I'm looking for new membership website software. It's so much easier to run events (ie, sell tickets) with eventbrite and wordpress- but then I lose out on the features that I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Released in v5.1 (Jul 2015)
    Admin can now set limits per each registration type, not just global event limit.

11. HTML Cleanup use lowercase tags

Mostly this is just a pet peeve of mine, but I am a bit OCD about proper HTML markup. While uppercase html tags are acceptable and browsers will support it, it is not recommended.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

"W3Schools use lowercase tags because the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase in HTML 4, and demands lowercase tags in XHTML."

There's no way to override the automatic HTML cleanup and prevent it from block capitalizing all of my carefully prepared HTML, or get it to use lowercase tags.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Accept onsite credit card payments - e.g. using Square Up

We hold an annual conference and accept onsite registrations. Currently, we are able to register attendees onsite in Wild Apricot and then we email them an invoice so they may use a credit card to pay online. We use PayPal for our online payments. We are wondering if we would be able to link our payment system to one of these little “square up” card readers that you use with an iPhone so we can just swipe cards rather than ask people to complete an additional step by paying online.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically add page URLs based on page names

Currently it appears that WA creates cryptic page names (links) automatically whenever a new page is created such as:

http://cispi.com/Default.aspx?pageId=1232308

These types of page names do not contain rich keywords and thus will not be ranked as well by search engines. They are also not intuitive and useful to users that find them in searches because they aren't descriptive.

WA developers should consider changing this default behavior to perhaps use the menu names and structure as the page names instead of the cryptic names currently used.

For example, the above named page on our site would then become something like:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable and disable event registrations from mobile app

We are an event-driven organization. Our members would surely benefit from being able to register for events, especially day-of-event.

From an admin perspective, we would like to have admin access to event attendee lists, and ability to modify an event (e.g. turn registration off or on).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sign-on integration with Wordpress etc. [16822]

This would be a great feature for us to have. Having single sign-on is crucial in our efforts to simplify and manage the user experience when members access multiple systems aside from WA.

Right now they would have to basically sign-up in multiple places, receive and manage multiple logins this is a real big headache for us admins and developers who are trying to offer services via other platforms aside from WA.

Let me know if we are even close to having something like this release in the near future.

Thanks,

Stan

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Paste as Text button to editor toolbar

After more than a year with WA, I have found that the greatest barrier to getting non-technical persons to create clean content is their ability to cleanly paste text from other sources. The Word filter works OK, but so often I see page edits made by staff that has different fonts, text background color, or different text size. I remind them to paste and copy from Notebook (or other plain text editor) to strip all formatting, but they forget and find that rather inconvenient.

I seem to remember other WYSIWYG editors of the past (TinyMCE?) that had "Paste as Text"…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding event title to invoices that related to an event

I've found frustrating is that in any list of invoices, the event (or events) that the invoice pertains to isn't given. The only information is "Event registration", which isn't too specific. A user can click into each invoice to look at it, but when managing a large number, this can be very time consuming.

Thanks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to select landing page

It would be nice to allow the administrator to select what page then land at when they login. Sometimes I login and land on the dashboard, sometimes I login and land on the web home page and have to click "switch to admin view" then I go to the dash board then I click where I want to go, I'd love to set it up that when I login I land on the 'contacts' page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mandatory payment for event registration: complete a registration only when a payment is received

I have two sites that I have just created and thought before hand (Prior to last update) that I tried the registration process. I recall being able to turn off manual or offline payments which in turn would only complete event registrations only if an online payment was received.

Now that I have built these two sites and see that "invoices" are being created and people are regsitering without paying online, it is creating a major problem and adding a tremendous burden on our businesses in multiple ways.

1. A bunch of our events have limited registration so when people register…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customize contact fields to include on donation form

Hi guys.

Would it be possible to make the donation function page's contact fields editable, much like the current page that allows people to sign up for the email newsletter?

Right now, it defaults to all required contact information, which makes sense for anyone applying to our organization for membership or registering for an event, but does not make sense for people who only want to donate to us.

Thanks!
    Nathan

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Payments responded

The feature was published in 5.11. Thanks a lot for everyone, who participated in this thread.
    Will waiting for your feedback.

Nadya, Product designer @ Payments team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base