Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Integration with QuickBooks Online

1) Integration with QuickBooks. Need to be able to download monthly in a way that recognizes existing customers and allows me to code transactions in WA according to my QB Chart of Accounts.

For financial data from Wild Apricot to be useful to Parent Booster USA, I have to be able to download an arbitrary number of transactions, e.g., all transactiuons in a month, for all members, them load those transactions into QuickBooks so that the download adds new transactions to the exisitng customer accounts. Downloads that create new customers each month aren't helpful. Beyond that, I'd like to be able to code financial transactions in Wild Apricot so that they match the accounting codes in QB, e.g., new member, basic level is transaction code 6101.

As it currently operates, the financial subsystem gives PBUSA's members something to complain about and the administrators unneeded manual tasks.

Thanks, John

129 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JEnglund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of integration of WA's sales transactions with QBO is driving our volunteer treasurer nuts. He has to reenter sales data manually - a lot of work.
        We (Toronto Island Sailing Club) find WA really useful, and QBO too. Cloud-based solutions are the way to go for volunteer organizations.
        PLEASE add QBO integration to your priority list - much more useful than an online store.

• Nick Gruber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need for an online store but DO need QBO integration. What about offering payment through QBO's new competitor to PayPal, couldn't some integration improvement be had through that? Perhaps QBO will add membership management, emailing, and website hosting services and make WA obsolete? That would be a immediate switch for my organization.

• Kevin Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, the issue of integrating with the popular cloud accounting packages (QBO, XERO, Reckon, MYOB etc.) is becoming a major stumbling block to growing sales of WA, when it's competitors already have the capability. Do we know if this functionality is on the product development roadmap, and a possible ETA?.. In the view of a lot of users, this would have been more important than adding the online store. Cheers

• juliamariepeace@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm hoping this integration with QuickBooks Online is moving closer to the top of the list. Our organization relies on volunteers and the treasurer is a difficult position to fill due to the double work involved.

• Glenn Fell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QBO Integration is extremely critical. We are looking at some of the 3rd party applications that allow you to import an iif file into QBO, but almost all are subscription based (as is WA and QBO). However as an organization, we are currently only needing the simple version of the software. As it stands, the third party tool would cost us more per month than QBO. Unfortunately we have already started down the path of migrating to WA and if this was understood, we probably would have gone a different route

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too are considering using WA, but must have QBO integration. It's a must. Hope WA adds it soon.

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, we are considering WA but the ability to sync with QBO online is a must. What's the latest on this? We would need to be able to import transactions that would allocate transactions to existing customers in QBO.

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important. The beauty of WA is that so many functions are integrated - but this one isn't. QB Online is one of the most widely used accounting tools. Currently I can't integrate my billing with WA. WA advertises that it supports QB, but it is not QB Online. Please add this function asap!

Definitely need QBO integration. QBO can accept data imports in Excel/CSV formats. Can that be a WA export option in addition to iif?

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration with QuickBooks Online is critical. We can not consider WA without it.

• Shaun Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems that this is a critical path item. Wa will help us a lot, but I will keep looking for a comparable alternative that integrates with QBO. Without this, I’m not a loyal customer let alone an Evagelist.

• Chris C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Import into the Quickbooks ONLINE version. We have a virtual office, which is great for using WA, but we also use the Online version of Quickbooks, having to manually update Quickbooks because WA does not export to the online version is cumbersome and a lengthy process

I know Wild apricot does not support Quickbooks online. However, Quickbooks is encouraging all users to go online and I would like to know when WA plans on integrating with that software??

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base