Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Officer Designations

I would love to have some sort of "officer" designation capability. I use WA for three(!) nonprofits I'm involved with, each of which has volunteer officers. I've adjusted a few things and made all kinds of workarounds, but if there was a way to assign an officer position to a member, it would simplify many of our processes. Things this could help:

An "officer" directory that is automatic (even if it had to be created through a saved search). My current workaround is to either 1) do a plain web page and list members, updating their info as it changes,…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Database for things that members own

I have been tasked with adding a special database to our Wild Apricot site.

We need to list details of the boats that our members own and I would dearly
    like them to be able to update the info on their boat themselves (it will
    save me a lot of work!).

I would like to have quite a large number (around 30) customisable fields,
    some with free text entry and some with drop down menu choices.

I need to add at least one photo, preferably more, to each record.

It needs to be searchable on any field.

There would ideally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scholarship Application Management

Our non-profit provides multiple scholarships throughout the year- we take applications from students, early to mid-career professionals, and professionals nominating a mentor.

Currently, we are at a loss on how to best create these. We have been using the events section, but it seems to be confusing the people who need to fill out the application.

It would be nice to have a module dedicated to Scholarship Application Management with the ability to require that someone be at a specific membership level to apply.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Functionality to generate physical letters

My organization is not going to go entirely digital. I need to generate the occasional physical letter. The idea is that in addition to being able to generate ad-hoc emails, I want to be able to generate ad-hoc physical mailings. But they are not really ad-hoc; they correspond to points in my organization's processes that do not map to WildApricot. I want to store templates for these letters in WildApricot; when the need arises, I would like to be able to ask WildApricot to instantiate a template I pick for a member I pick. I can do the printing and…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text (SMS) communications with attendees, members, etc.

I did not see this on the wishlist in the list of 339, unless i missed it :).

SMS (text) notication option would be great to have as alot of our members use texting on their phones. Email works good too but push text woould be great to have as an option for communication. Thanks.

335 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Team Mobile responded

After initial analysis we decided to remove this feature from 2017 plans. Right now we don’t have clear understanding when this feature will be taken into development.

6. Ability to track volunteer hours

We are a swim club:

It would be fabulous if we could have members submit their volunteer hours on the website. Once approved (yes, they were there) by event organizer, the total volunteer hours would be tracked with their membership info. The administrator could query how many volunteer hours each member has put in.

We require that each family donate 40 hours to the club per year or pay a higher membership fee.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Subfields

I would like to have a "subfield" option for my membership fields. With that, a member who chooses a certain option of the field is given additional multiple choices. For example, a member who picks "music" can then pick from "piano", "guitar", "singing" and such. Sub-fields would help with a more logical organization of member profiles.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Charts and visualizations

We're always looking for ways to make Wild Apricot more useful, and also more exciting and fun. One thing that can actually do both is the use of graphs and visualizations. They're handy to track progress of your activities, and can also be put into sideshows and reports. We've had a lot of people ask for a way to quickl summarize their organization in a series of charts

Like anything cool and fun (and useful!) it can take a while to develop them, and there's nothing we dislike more than spending a lot of time on something that doesn't meet…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. An editable Admin "Scratch Pad" for temporary and ongoing notes and crib sheets

At the top of my own wish list -- certainly in the top three -- is the need for user guidance. Wild Apricot's help pages are mostly well done and cover it all, but that's their problem. They're generic and so much to read that nobody ever will.

We need our own editable help screens or pop-ups, or something.

But for now, let's pull my wish back, a lot -- it would be invaluable just to have a place where we could store and update cribsheets for various Admin chores.

Currently we sorely need this for Advanced Searches. We have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A method to check if new members are also members of a associated club

Our hiking club, Green Valley Recreation Hiking Club is a DBA of a larger non-profit, Green Valley Recreation. Members must first belong to the GVR before they can join our hiking club. It would be nice to have GVR's database of members' numbers and the capability of comparing your member list to the GVR database list to ensure they are a member before allowing them to join the hiking club. Any ideas?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create multiple links on an image

Create multiple links on an image.
    Indicate where a section of an image is linked to. That is with multiple logos in a random arrangement in a single image each logo can be linked to its own URL.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include Domain Registration and Email Hosting to Plans

Especially with the pretty sizable jump in pricing, it would sure be nice if Wild Apricot would allow a single-source for all of our website needs. What I would like to see is that through Wild Apricot they would offer DNS Domain Name Registration AND to also offer email hosting that all ties in to our site. This would allow me to quit paying someone else each year for domain renewals and email hosting. I would love it to be a full one-stop-shop.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Identification cards

Most clubs have membership id's badges that are integrated into access to their facilities. I would be great to be able to use the wild apricot data base and software the manage badges and membership access to buildings.

I am wondering if you have this option or do you partner with a company that does this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ratings and Reviews

Is the option available for members to comment and rate/rank

* blog posts
    * business ads
    * forums
    * events
    * members

This would be so useful and my our community more dynamic.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  New features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automated invoicing and universal delete on o/s invoices

HI

I would like to recommend a few two enhancements. We are a tennis club and we have a discounted membership fee applicable to certain date. After which, the price rises. The issues we have encountered are :

1) We tried the automated invoice this year but quickly realized that members could on;y renew their membership and were locked out of adding additional services, such as joining and paying for house league. When they paid the membership fee they could not select House League and pay the additional $20 - not sure if anything can be done other than not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need to do an inclusive search

Our group is collaborating with another nonprofit on a project. We need to send emails to a select group of emails e.g. we are targeting certain companies. We know the @company email addresses we want to target. The way the current search works, it is exclusive rather than inclusive. You can tell it who not to include in the search, but now who to include. When you have a large database, it is too hard to find all of the emails NOT to include.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the mobile app, we would like to be able to see a list of events people both signed up for and we’re checking in for.

Our members get education credits for each event they attend. They need a record of what they actually attended. Ie which events they registered for and were checked in for at the event.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Trimester membership periods

Would like to be able to do trimester memberships. We have a setup similar to schools - fall, spring, summer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add functionality to capture last 10 users who accessed a page

Add functionality to capture last 10 users who accessed a page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expanded Next events on the dashboard

I wish that the Dashboard could show more than the "Next 3 Events." Maybe 5? or a view more button?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base