Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easy publish/unpublish articles in the website

Some way to delete the demo data you have set up or unpublish it at least.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easier ability to change website colors!

I really like the Skyline theme for my Associations website but i wish the colors were easier to change to fit what i need. The color and styles tab doesn't give me the option to change anything but font colors and background colors which is frustrating. Its frustrating because there all all these accents on the website I cant change to match. I also did a theme override to change the theme colors to what i need but the menu still has the pink accents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Website Revisions History Log

Please make a HISTORY LOG available that simply lists all revisions made on the website by date. This would be a very helpful reference. ~ Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Update the login icon, replace it by Login text

I'm using the Terra Alpine theme. I want to change the icon used for mobile login (A) to the text login (B), see attached screenshot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change "Public" button to "Members only" button

AGAIN I ask if the button “Public” can PLEASE be changed to “Members”. If not immediately, can it please be added to the next update of Wild Apricot. This one button continues to create confusion, with many folks thinking this truly mean public. Or at the very least, make it optional so clubs can change appropriately. Our (seniors) membership continue to think this mean open to the general public.
    I was able to replace the word donation, with the word payment, in most instances, which is what applies in our instance. So I respectfully suggest the same option be available…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Website View on Mobile Device is Distorted

We get a lot of complaints from board members about how clunky our website looks when viewed on mobile devices. Can you improve this? Here’s what we feel is needed:

1. Photos, both in the page template and in the page content, need to be re-sized for mobile devices. At present, photos are truncated in mobile view.

2. Allowances should be made for layouts, margins, and padding in mobile view. Currently layouts, margins, and padding distort how the content appears on mobile devices. This makes the website look amateurish in mobile view.

3. Instead of the 3 white bands in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Public-coming soon Access Level with link to default coming soon page

Add a "Public - coming soon" option to access level for pages. Currently we use admin only when building pages or for pages that are only turned on for part of the year.

Additionally make it so any links to those while still in "Public - coming soon" showed a default coming soon page that could be configured rather than the default 404 page. This could work using the admin only option currently available as well but it makes it much more clear to distinguish between a true admin only page and a public page that just isn't ready to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Third-party agreement for image licensing

Squarespace has an agreement with Getty Images which allows users to license images for use on their site. The images can be used in watermark version until you are certain they will work for you and then the procedure for licensing them takes about 2 minutes. My organization relies on volunteers and I am a non-professional charged with doing our website. This has been a tremendous help and a great selling point for Squarespace.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for .nwc and .mid files

We are a choir and would like to upload .mid and .nwc files to our website so that our members can access and download these files. The website for Noteworthy player is noteworthycomposer.com. Please can these files by supported by Wild Apricot. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. list the anchor names on the page

When linking to an anchor link on the page, the list of assigned anchors should show enabling me to choose the right one rather than remember what I named them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. House Pages on Own Domain

Ability to have pages on your own domain or the ability to add pages as iframes to your own pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MAC problems image management

I wish, I could work with photos when editing our news from my MAC. Under the help section all I found was : warning these functions are incompatible with safari and MAC
    I can not control the placement of a image in a row or get the text to wrap properly. The gal teaching me how to do this over the phone though I was waco because of course it was working fine
    on her machine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set Both Background Image and Color for Site

It would be nice to be able to specify both a site background color and image, so that the color will show while the image is loading.

We have a relatively large dark-colored background image. While it's loading the background is white (default) and then it suddenly switches to the dark image.

This is a small polishing detail but it seems relatively easy to implement (I hope).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List of gadgets on the page

I've discovered that it's possible to get a layout to the point where you CAN'T access certain elements because of other placed elements in the way.

So, I need to get to the settings of my Login element. I can access ONLY a small amount of the right edge - just enough to click "delete", but moving past that, and the selection switches to a placeholder next to it - so I can't access to the gear to get to settings!!

What to do??

FEATURE REQUEST: when you're editing a template/page, have a LIST of gadgets on the page and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. List of page using gadget slots in template

When editing a page template, blocks that are in use show a message similar to "Page specific gadgets used on 2 page(s)"

Since these blocks being in use prevents customizing the template and since the site can have many pages, it would be great to see a list of pages that have gadgets in those slots. Currently, I have to go through each page in the site to find them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove underline icon from editor options

I wish you would remove the Underline icon from the CMS page editing interface. Our website editors just love underlining headings! And nothing except links should ever be underlined on a web page. Links are underlined automatically (if that's the style you've chosen) so there is no need for this icon. Please!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. HTML Cleanup use lowercase tags

Mostly this is just a pet peeve of mine, but I am a bit OCD about proper HTML markup. While uppercase html tags are acceptable and browsers will support it, it is not recommended.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

"W3Schools use lowercase tags because the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase in HTML 4, and demands lowercase tags in XHTML."

There's no way to override the automatic HTML cleanup and prevent it from block capitalizing all of my carefully prepared HTML, or get it to use lowercase tags.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notes Section in Page Management Please

Wouldn't it be great if there was a multi-line notes section in each Page management menu area so admins could make important notes to themselves about each specific page?

I think so. It could look something like this and even use a vertical scroll bar for notes that went beyond a few lines:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save a draft of a page

It is very inconvenient not to be able to save a draft of a page before it is updated. When there are many features of a page to update/add, it becomes very time-consuming to have to do it all in one shot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calendar on Mobile Device

Calendar View on Mobile Device:
    In desktop mode our calendar events are readable and easy to identify in order to choose which event to select.

However, on a mobile device the calendar events are not at all identifiable in order to choose which event to select.

We have many events on our calendar, sometimes 3 or more events on a single day. Our calendar is our second highest accessed web page, and it is a major service we provide to our 1300+ members and contacts.

We get numerous complaints from people who only access our site on their mobile devices,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base