Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warning message on limitations of search function

Warn users that PDF and document on website are NOT searched - until this functionality is included.

I have thousands of files from 19+ years - impossible to turn to page content. When a user searches a website, they expect to, and it is reasonable, to be able to find content within files contained with in the website site.

Until this fixed, Wild Apricot should put a warning message up each time a user enters text in the search field, that it will NOT find the search word or phrase in any document associated with the site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Public-coming soon Access Level with link to default coming soon page

Add a "Public - coming soon" option to access level for pages. Currently we use admin only when building pages or for pages that are only turned on for part of the year.

Additionally make it so any links to those while still in "Public - coming soon" showed a default coming soon page that could be configured rather than the default 404 page. This could work using the admin only option currently available as well but it makes it much more clear to distinguish between a true admin only page and a public page that just isn't ready to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Third-party agreement for image licensing

Squarespace has an agreement with Getty Images which allows users to license images for use on their site. The images can be used in watermark version until you are certain they will work for you and then the procedure for licensing them takes about 2 minutes. My organization relies on volunteers and I am a non-professional charged with doing our website. This has been a tremendous help and a great selling point for Squarespace.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support for .nwc and .mid files

We are a choir and would like to upload .mid and .nwc files to our website so that our members can access and download these files. The website for Noteworthy player is noteworthycomposer.com. Please can these files by supported by Wild Apricot. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. list the anchor names on the page

When linking to an anchor link on the page, the list of assigned anchors should show enabling me to choose the right one rather than remember what I named them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. House Pages on Own Domain

Ability to have pages on your own domain or the ability to add pages as iframes to your own pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MAC problems image management

I wish, I could work with photos when editing our news from my MAC. Under the help section all I found was : warning these functions are incompatible with safari and MAC
    I can not control the placement of a image in a row or get the text to wrap properly. The gal teaching me how to do this over the phone though I was waco because of course it was working fine
    on her machine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move "reset to default" button in Colors and Styles panel

I find it too easy to delete customized styles set in the Colors and Styles area. The button to "reset to default" is directly beside the save button. I would prefer if this button were moved to the bottom of the panel so that it is less likely to be clicked by accident.

Also, the wording of the pop up dialogue box could be altered to make it more clear that all customizations will be lost. To make this even better, I would suggest forcing the administrator to type in "DELETE" or "RESET" in order to complete this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set Both Background Image and Color for Site

It would be nice to be able to specify both a site background color and image, so that the color will show while the image is loading.

We have a relatively large dark-colored background image. While it's loading the background is white (default) and then it suddenly switches to the dark image.

This is a small polishing detail but it seems relatively easy to implement (I hope).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. List of gadgets on the page

I've discovered that it's possible to get a layout to the point where you CAN'T access certain elements because of other placed elements in the way.

So, I need to get to the settings of my Login element. I can access ONLY a small amount of the right edge - just enough to click "delete", but moving past that, and the selection switches to a placeholder next to it - so I can't access to the gear to get to settings!!

What to do??

FEATURE REQUEST: when you're editing a template/page, have a LIST of gadgets on the page and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. List of page using gadget slots in template

When editing a page template, blocks that are in use show a message similar to "Page specific gadgets used on 2 page(s)"

Since these blocks being in use prevents customizing the template and since the site can have many pages, it would be great to see a list of pages that have gadgets in those slots. Currently, I have to go through each page in the site to find them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove underline icon from editor options

I wish you would remove the Underline icon from the CMS page editing interface. Our website editors just love underlining headings! And nothing except links should ever be underlined on a web page. Links are underlined automatically (if that's the style you've chosen) so there is no need for this icon. Please!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. HTML Cleanup use lowercase tags

Mostly this is just a pet peeve of mine, but I am a bit OCD about proper HTML markup. While uppercase html tags are acceptable and browsers will support it, it is not recommended.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

"W3Schools use lowercase tags because the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) recommends lowercase in HTML 4, and demands lowercase tags in XHTML."

There's no way to override the automatic HTML cleanup and prevent it from block capitalizing all of my carefully prepared HTML, or get it to use lowercase tags.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notes Section in Page Management Please

Wouldn't it be great if there was a multi-line notes section in each Page management menu area so admins could make important notes to themselves about each specific page?

I think so. It could look something like this and even use a vertical scroll bar for notes that went beyond a few lines:

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase contrast of "Renew" dialog box

Please increase the contrast of the dialog box for "Renew". It is very gray and we have had a number of people not be able to find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Admin functions for use on iPad

Being able to use all admin functions while using an iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File Storage and sharing

I would like to know how best to share large files with members...similar to Dropbox but within Wild Apricot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BaanThai - Thailand Real Estate

https://www.baanthai.co.th/en
    Keywords:
    Thailand Property, Thailand Real Estate, Thailand Property for sale
    Description:
    BaanThai lists the best homes for sale and rent in Thailand Compare prices, book viewings and make offers with the help of local real estate professionals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Powered By Wild Apricot Membership Software Link

Hi.

It would be great to be able to embed our Referral Link in the Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New member thank you page

I would like to send a new member to a thank you page (while there membership is being processed.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base