Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warning message on limitations of search function

Warn users that PDF and document on website are NOT searched - until this functionality is included.

I have thousands of files from 19+ years - impossible to turn to page content. When a user searches a website, they expect to, and it is reasonable, to be able to find content within files contained with in the website site.

Until this fixed, Wild Apricot should put a warning message up each time a user enters text in the search field, that it will NOT find the search word or phrase in any document associated with the site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Website Pop-Up Opt-in Featrure

It would be great if WA offered a Pop-Up Opt-In Form on their website builder feature. This would help grant permission from prospective members to authorize your obtaining their email address, oppose to sending them emails without permission.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. vimeo

Our association would like to include a Vimeo icon in the social media space in the page header.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better and easier ways to sort photos in Photo Albums

More intuitive, interactive sorting method for the albums; e.g. drag and drop. The alphabetical change a year ago is a big plus. Thank you. But in addition, a drag and drop (or move) of the 'icons' would be great.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow dual conditions for access to membership areas. You must be in the selected membership type but not in this group list.

Would allow you to restrict problem members from accessing membership areas until the problem is resolved. Program would check if they are in a specified membership type but would also check that they are NOT in the named group. This could also be in the positive mode by Requiring them to be in specific group list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Setting who sees what pages in one spot rather than having to edit each page

I have several membership levels, each with access to specific pages depending on their membership level.To do this I have to go to each individual page to set access levels. I would like a feature that would allow me to designate pages to specific membership levels without having to edit each individual page.
    I envision seeing all pages listed with a radio button for each membership level maybe so I can scroll down the pages and designate who sees what pages in one spot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More Flexibility to Specify Members Included in Directory

At the moment, the only members that can appear in the Directory gadget are statuses Active and Pending-Renewal.

Even if the Directory is set to display from a Saved Search that includes other member statuses, those members are still excluded.

I suggest that when the Saved Search specifically includes other statuses, those members should not be automatically excluded.

In other words, if the Directory gadget specifies a Saved Search and the search includes a Member Status criterion, then the default exclusions on status should not be applied.

This will have more flexibility if and when multiple logic levels are implemented…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fully Collapsable Mobile Navigation

(See attachments to make more sense of this post)

- On a phone browser, top level navigation starts fully closed (as a single 'hamburger menu', but on the first click the WHOLE nav expands, showing ALL levels of navigation (which for a large site, can mean a LOT of scrolling) (see 1st and 2nd screenshot).

- On a tablet/large phone the navigation is partially closed (see the ‘hamburger menu’ on the right hand side of the screenshot), and ONLY the sections you click on open (see 3rd screenshot).

- It would be much more useful if the navigation was collapsed…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Expand your base of potential customers

Don't limit yourself to memberships. Publishers, like me, are adapting WA as a content management/paid subscription management tool

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank responded

This is really interesting and something we have thought about in the past. Would love to hear more comments from everyone.

10. Allow to switch back to legacy template

Allow switch back to my previous legacy template and restore previous website

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Move "reset to default" button in Colors and Styles panel

I find it too easy to delete customized styles set in the Colors and Styles area. The button to "reset to default" is directly beside the save button. I would prefer if this button were moved to the bottom of the panel so that it is less likely to be clicked by accident.

Also, the wording of the pop up dialogue box could be altered to make it more clear that all customizations will be lost. To make this even better, I would suggest forcing the administrator to type in "DELETE" or "RESET" in order to complete this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Icons/previews for page templates or master templates

We're considering a small improvement that would add previews/icons of page templates and or master templates instead of the current drop down list.

But before we invest time/energy into researching a solution and developing it, we wanted to confirm if any users actually had problems with the existing dropdowns during their initial setup or for regular updates.

Any comments for or against this change would be appreciated!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Page Transitions

Dear WA,

It'd be great to have the ability to select page transitions, rather than the standard.

For example a fade in/fade out page transition - e.g. https://www.asiacmi.com

We think this will add to the front end look and please our clients to have a slick transition.

Thanks

Alex

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. See which pages link to a page I'm managing

Hi,

A nice addition would be to see what pages link to a page I'm working on. For example, if I copy or rename a page, I may forget what other pages link to the original - potentially resulting in dead links. Can't always keep it all straight by memory.

Plus as a volunteer organization, we need a tool that can help provide reliable info when it's simply not feasible to document every detail of a website somewhere else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Capture info prior to accessing certain web pages

We would like to require that people complete a form before being able to access a specific page on our website

We want to post an online workbook and video series but want to know when people (and who!) are accessing the page. We would want to require that they complete a form before being granted access to that page. (And preferably allow cookies to be stored so they can come back without having to complete the form again.)

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to change System Page URL's

Provide the ability to change System Page URL names instead of Page ID numbers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File Storage and sharing

I would like to know how best to share large files with members...similar to Dropbox but within Wild Apricot

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support making elements invisible when logged in

Widgets or pages can be configured to be invisible to the public, i.e. when the user is not logged in. Please allow the reverse to be accomplished. For example, we have a "Join Us" page containing a membership application form, which is useless to logged in members and only occupies valuable space. We would like to make it disappear when logged in. As an alternative, we could have a "Membership" page, which would show the Members' Directory to logged in members and a membership application form to those not logged in. However, this would still require the ability to make…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tutorial for using your product

I am new to Baton Rouge Gallery and therefore new to Wild Apricot. Where can I find tutorials on a Beginner's use of your product? Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need individual write access feature to folders and files.

WA has good "read" access rules for the folders and file but Write access is practically missing. We have many contributors to the web site and upload files. I don't want to give many people admin rights. Currently all files upload goes through me. This is not practical.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base