Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

96 results found

1. Database Fields Custom Validation - e.g. regular expression, IBAN Bank number, phone

While I am pleased with the site overall, it's clear that it does lack some features that I consider essential, although not critical.

One such feature is field validation of database records.

Currently there is very limited field validation.

I would request more robust import and user entry field validation capabilities to keep data clean. Without this capability, the database very quickly starts to contain garbage fields.

For example, currently a user may enter their phone number in any format they choose, including completely invalid phone number entries. The same is true for zip code fields and others.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change Checkboxes for fields with Radio choice in Advanced Search - e.g. Membership level or Status

Hi guys,

I love the advanced search feature, with one exception. The "Radio Buttons" field should be searchable like a checkbox field is. This is the search for a radio button field:

Whereas the checkbox search looks like this:

I think they should have essentially the same options. There are some questions that I do not want members to have the option to choose multiples of - for example region. They can only live in one region, so I do not want them choosing 3-4 regions.

However, I'd like to be able to run a search for those who are…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Simplify contacts and saved searches - easy rename or update searches, combine Contacts and Members tabs

would like option to rename: sometimes after you've done a search you realize that a different name would be better or you make a minor change to the query.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re looking into this request in much broader context – we want to simplify overall management of contacts, lists, saved searches. Saved search should be perceived as smart lists and provide quick access to various contact and member groups.

4. Function to duplicate fields

This is a prime example see attached image. The primary registrant has the option to choose from these options. I want to be able to dupe the field and call it "additional registrant 1 fees", "additional registrant 2 fees", "additional registrant 3 fees" and so on. Because the additional registrant would have the ability to choose a different option other than "primary, add 1, add 2, or add 3". The list attached is long and spending the time to rekey this list for 4 additional registrants takes a long time (hind-sight drop-down). So by duping and renaming any of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Validate e-mail addresses

Member registration does not validate emails. This is an extra concern for sites like ours where members can join for free. Anyone can make up an email address, or worse impersonate someone else. Once an email is used, it cannot be used by another person, even if the first person is not the owner of the address and the second person is.

Please consider adding an email validation check that sends an email and requires the applicant to use a code that was emailed (or click a link).

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Member group administrators / supervisors

How about giving individuals the ability to renew at different times within the bundle rather than all at the same time? With flexible status, renewal dates and individual payment ability etc.. Would make our setup much more manageable that way... We have members in every county across the province, where different rates are charged in different counties. We would like to have 11 administrators across the province who can admin their own regions (bundles). That way all admins wouldn't have to see every email from every new or renewing member. We could make regional folks bundle admins with the members…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Communications tracking (CRM)

I am posting this suggestion based on email exchange with a client - so that we can get more feedback from others.

Even though we don't normally refer to Wild Apricot as a CRM system, it has many things in common with CRM:

• database of contacts

• tracking of various transactions with each contact

the suggestion is to take this further:

• Add 'Communications tab' to track all communications/actions with each contact: contact date & contact type, follow-up date & type, a note, tracking of emails (opens, links) and links to related correspondence records (email blasts). Among other major benefits, the system…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Birthday Emails

It would be nice if we could have a function where a system email went out to someone on their birthday. We could get that information from the member profile.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change the default image size for picture fields and make it customizable

I am using the Image Upload as part of my Registration Form. This image has a Max Size of 110 X 110 which appears very small, and there is no way to enlarge it. I encourage members to use the Photo Albums to upload additional images because these images in the Photo Albums do display a little larger. The main profile photo is what you see in the Member Directory and it is too small. It would be nice to have a click/mouse-over feature to make the image display a little larger. Thank You.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow adding non-member contacts to Groups

I just sent my first email blast to a group of contacts to follow up on a promotion, and found that there is not a way to assign a contact to a group. I just wanted to send an email to a very specific group of contacts (those that had attended a recent ski show, and entered our raffle). I thought I'd be able to assign them to a new group "ski show" so that I could send them a separate mailing. (What I ended up doing, was temporarily disabling mailing on other contacts, which thankfully right now we have…

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change Field Type For Existing Database Fields

I should like some flexibility to be able to change field types for existing database fields.

For example I have fields which are current defined as text. However members give different responses to the question in terms of capitalisation, abbreviations etc which make the behaviour of the search on data in that field erractic.

I'd like to be able to change such a text field to a picklist.

The database would still store a text value but the choice available to new members would be restricted by the list. Existing membership records would continue to hold the existing data until…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export contact info using email filters

I want to easily toggle between electronic and hard copy mediums with my contacts and members. For example, for folks who haven't opened one of our electronic messages, I want to be able to send a physical, hard copy of the letter. I want to use the filters "not opened" and "opened, but not clicked" to export contact information as a datafile (for mailing labels).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Event Registration / Donation form to update contact profile

I noticed that the contact fields automatically get loaded to event registration forms which is a nice feature and saves the user time when registering.

I'd like to request that updates made to contact field information by individuals who are "recognized" users of WA be back loaded to their permanent contact record.

For instance, if someone sees an error in their contact field information (like mailing address) while registering for an event and they update that field (like their mailing address or phone number) while registering for an event, I'd like that change updated to their permanent contact profile record…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Member Certifications / Achievements / Courses

Hi,

Great software – life just got easier ;-)

If you’re looking for new things to add then my suggestion would be something for Achievements/Courses. Basically they would work a lot like events except they go against a “Member’s Achievement History” (new concept).

So, some of the function points might be:

· New Functional web page type with a Page Template of “Achievements Calendar”

o Access to Selected Groups

· Achievement Settings

o Achievement E-mails

§ Email Event Triggers (Registration, Approval, Rejection – to Member and/or Mentor/Trainer, Achievement End Date – to Mentor/Trainer)

· Achievements

o Add Achievement

§ Registration…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding contacts without upgrading account

Would like to have the ability to add 250 contacts without upgrading. We don't see the value in upgrading our account just to get more contacts. Will be using Constant Contact to manage our contacts. Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. to be able to search a search result (sub search)

sub search for results (members/contacts)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have several people who are from the same organiztion. We have one membership per organization, but when you add the individual contactts

We have several people who are from the same organization. For example 5 employees work at Good Day Electric, I need to set them each up as a contact, but Good Day would only have one membership. I would like to add Good Day Electric as the member, and then tie each of those 5 employees to that membership.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More robust event registration filtering in Advanced Search, for analysis, not just emailing

Reasons we need to filter by Registrations more than we are currently able:

1. To analyze member activity and who's pulling their share of our load, we want to know (for example) what Members have attended more than one registration event in the past three years, and which events they are. Currently we can only filter for the number of registration events, then have to look at each one to determine when and what. People who registered for events 5 years ago are irrelevant, and people who are registered for our annual dinner are also irrelevant. We need to know who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. archive

We need a way to create a report to show Contacts who have pulled themselves out of Archive in the past month? I REALLY need to be able to detect these folks so I can followup and not have them counted as a contact if they don't renew. Currently I'm removing their email but then this causes another issue with those that want to renew down the road and we end up with double contacts. I asked support and was told "there is no such functionality".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New field type - rich text formatting

It would be a nice feature to allow the members to bold, underline, italicize and make list using this word processing control for thier descriptions.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base