Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

539 results found

1. Username vs. Email. Allow login and self-service operations for members without email

Although the last update of WA software allowed site admins to create membership entries without email addresses, this only addresses a small part of the problem.

We want to move away from costly site admin intervention, ideally new members will create their own entries and we will only validate them once dues have been paid.

This means that we really do still need to allow:
    (1) members to sign up without email addresses and
    (2) members to sign up with duplicate email addresses.

I assume that (2) will have to mean moving away from having the username == email address…

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

72 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Husky responded

Hi Supporters,

Thank you for all the feedback and support for this suggestion. After reviewing all the comments and related feature suggestions, we have decided to separate it into multiple ideas and close the original request. For more details, see our explanation below.

Based on the original request and all the comments we believe this suggestion is trying to combine and solve the following problems:

1) some members want to be part of an organization, but they don’t have an email address

2) some members don’t have a personal email address and use a shared email with someone that is also a member/contact

After careful consideration, we have decided that we won’t be able to support the first scenario in the foreseeable future, for both practical (e.g. additional manual work for admins) and security reasons (e.g. no way to recover an account). However, the second scenario (supporting members with shared/family…

2. Revising bundle membership functionality

About a year ago we have created functionality which was originally called 'Group membership' and later has been renamed into 'Bundle membership' (See http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Membership+bundles ). Our goal behind this functionality was to make it easy to deal with multi-person memberships (typically sold as a package, a 'bundle'):
    * corporate membership
    * sports team
    * family/household

In a nutshell, for a given membership level you specify that it is a 'Bundle' (limited to NN members per bundle or unlimited). Person applying for membership becomes administrator and can later add members to his bundle at no additional charge.

It sounds like this…

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Membership responded

This suggestion has accumulated many votes over a year and is on of top 3 in “Members” category, so this year we started the analysis of it.

During analysis, we’ve processed all the comments here. And we concluded that while all of them are related to bundle membership problem, there are different cases. We know that we cannot address all the cases at once, we need to prioritize.

So, we have classified the comments and found either existing topics in the Wishlist or created new ones. Here is the full list of the topics that cover in full all the comments provided here:

3. Automatically change a "Lapsed" membership status to "Active" when we record a membership payment on a member's record.

We had some "Lapsed" members that paid their dues. The Wild Apricot system did not automatically change their membership status to "Active" when the payment was recorded. There is no place on the invoice screen that shows the members status when we manually record payments. It creates an extra step to go back to the members record to make sure it is changed to "Active"

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give us back our Legacy editor

We REALLY REALLY hate the new manual email editor. Being able to imbed images with the text (and have them flow as we amend text), and access to the underlying HMTL to tweak layouts were ESSENTIAL to our marketing efforts.
    You should at least have left the option to stick with the legacy editor and let us worry about whether the potential downfalls are worth it.

I don't object to having a "beginners" editor available to those who need it, but forcing everyone to live with their limits is pretty paternalistic and, well, silly.

This might be the final straw…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Dmitry Smirnov responded

Old editor consistently caused a lot of formatting problems. Usually, our users were not happy about the result emails and their appearance in different email readers. So we rebuilt the editor and returning to an old one is not an option.

The new editor removes some features, but at the same time, it helps to create more consistent and visually appealing emails.

We understand that there is room for improvement, and we are going to add features and fix problems in the new editor. If you have ideas on how to make it better, please create a topic on forum or vote for an existing one.

5. Redesign of event registrations

We are working on a wide-ranging redesign of event registration which would address many requests listed in other threads:

We will post more information as it comes, as you may notice we have quite a bunch of changes.

We will be also posting design mockups here.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Sorry, guys – this is too broad of a topic and we cannot really address it in a way it was formed (by me! in 2011!). We have a number of separate event ideas that cover a number of things mentioned here.
    I’m closing it – feel free to add new suggestions if you believe something is not already in the Events Wishlist already.

6. QuickBooks Intuit Merchant Services

Our organization would also like to use Quickbooks/Intuit Merchant Services. We are very unhappy with PayPal especially when processing corporate credit cards. It appears that Google Checkout requires individuals to have a Google account which some of our members object to.

Since you have an interface with Quickbooks, why not add its Merchant Services processing.

Thank you.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback with us.

Adding a new gateway doesn’t align with our current focus for the product. Supporting each payment systems takes time and resources away from our development and support teams to provide the better, more reliable service.

We are going to archive the idea, but please, continue to share your feedback!

7. Low level monthly rate

Affordable rates for small nonprofits. $25/month for community

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. customizing login

I would like to be able to customize the word LOGIN that appears when using the login gadget. Since our WA website is used both as a portal for members and to display information to curious non members there could be some confusion. In our case I would like to for instance have it say MEMBERS LOGIN HERE

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendar

Improve calendar and event management

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Home Page configuraiton

Easily configurable home page with more polished and professional look and feel, potentially provide a couple standard themes with which to work.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Data Exports

Allow user to select fields set up in entire database for exporting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copy/duplicate Registrants, Bulk Upload, Certificates, & Surveys :)

I would like to request that Wild Apricot be able to duplicate the participants off of an event because many of the times we have events that have the same group of people attending events throughout the year.
    Also, it would be great if I could bulk upload participant information in Wild Apricot using an Excel spreadsheet. Say I contact a participating school that is attending an event and the secretary has an excel spreadsheet of the attendees. I would like to be able to bulk upload registrants.
    Also a function in WA that would be able to send out…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Evgeny Zaritovskiy responded

Thanks a lot for the suggestions! But unfortunately, I have to close this particular wishlist item – too many ideas in one post. I’m sorry for this. To compensate, I have subscribed all who commented into existing ones (e.g. to bulk upload registrants) and created some new ones for particular ideas. You all should receive email notifications about it. Thanks again for your comments and I’m sorry for closing this one.

13. Non-Renewals

Please provide a category for putting non-renewals in after the cut-off deadline rather than having to dump then in Archive.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a spell checker for members when posting to forums

I have been getting complaints from members saying there is no spell checker to use when they are using the message and discussion area. For months I have been telling them there was as I use it every day.

The problem is they were correct all the time. I have one in admin mode but when I changed to member view the spell checker was not there. This is a MAJOR problem for me. People need a spell checker to post messages. Please let me know how to fix this problem asap. The message and discussion area is the most…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Archived  ·  1 comment  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exclude cancelled registrations from 'Event list export registrants file'

I have noticed that the ‘Export registrants’ button in a single event excludes cancelled registrants but when the ‘Export registrants’ button in the ‘Event list’ is used, it includes cancelled registrations. Furthermore, the cancelled registrations cannot be differentiated from current registrations in the exported file

Surely, for consistency, cancelled registrations should be excluded from the event list export file or be labelled in some way as cancelled? My preference is to exclude them altogether so that the export buttons function consistently

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. User Friendly / Dynamic Calendar

We could use a calendar that is more dynamic. We would like to post events from other organizations and our own meetings that do not require registration.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SDVG Needs

Please clear the way for people to register for events on any browser. We constantly have issues with people not being able to sign up for events due to their cash or cookies. This is an extreme hassle and our members should not be bothered with it. Also, we would like to see more email templates and a higher email delivery rate. We would like to more customize our emails so so have started using MailChimp because your templates are not sufficient. If there could also be a way to keep better track of how many people register for an…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Frank responded

Sorry, we only allow one suggestion per post and we don’t have the ability to separate the post on our end. Please vote for existing suggestions and post individual suggestions for each item.

19. Dwolla payment processor [13232]

Can WA check out "Dwolla" as a possible payment provider? At $0.25 flat fee per transaction, having them as an option for payment processing instead of the other percentage-based processors would be very helpful for us, and I'm sure for other cash-strapped nonprofits using your platform.

Thanks!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback with us.

Adding a new gateway doesn’t align with our current focus for the product. Supporting each payment systems takes time and resources away from our development and support teams to provide the better, more reliable service.

We are going to archive the idea, but please, continue to share your feedback!

20. formatting event emails

The formatting of the event details in an event email [IE: announcement, reminder] is not consistent with how the event detail was formatted [IE: font type, size, colors]. Currently, event details convert to "text" format within the event email.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Archived  ·  Team Events responded

The event details converted to plain text in emails due to technical limitations related to email applications / clients.
    We made some changes with email preview, now the macro on email preview substituted by data, so email template looks the same as it will send to recipients.

We decided to close this request.

Events crew

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base