Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Printing using standard browser print function

the print feature does not work correctly using the browser's print button on my computer. I have to use the Standard template in order to see what I've created or the screen is blank when viewed from the print preview button. Plus, when I switch templates the print does not work that way either.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give "Web page editor" admins access to new child pages by default

I have several admins who have restricted editing access to one menu's worth of web pages including all the sub-pages under that menu. However, when I add new subpages, their admin editing privileges are not updated to include the new pages and I get emails from them asking why they can't see the new pages. I then need to go to each person's contact card, edit their privileges, uncheck the top-level menu pages and re-check it to include the new subpages. It's a pain and frustrating for the editors who can't work when they're ready to work.

I'd like it…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pay Online button too small

The intergrated "Pay online" button provided by WA is too small and senior folk have difficulty noticing it.
    I suggest a larger, more distinctive button, coloured would be good.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Optimized the site for visually impaired people.

We have three members of our club that are visually impaired.
    They are claiming that the captura tool that is being used is not compliant with their screen reader software.

I'm not sure how that works and what the technology behind visually impaired screen assistance reader.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Member directory listing fit more than 1st 50 members at a time

Referring to the Member directory listing, please make the listing quantity bigger. Currently only my 1st 50 members get most publicity, because then website visitors have to click on the drop down menu to get the next few members on the list. Most web visitors do not do that. They see the list of 50 that is open, and miss the rest.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Duplicate Gadgets on a page

Not even sure if I"m using this forum correctly ha ha. Signed up for free trial yesterday,hoping it's going to meet my needs.One question right now: Is there a way to duplicate a gadget????? Like, I created one gadget with text, image, etc...and I'd like to duplicate it and then change the content. I see delete, move, settings but no 'copy or duplicate'...

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow panel on left side of webpages in admin view to be narrower; not just hide or unhide

I would like to be able to control the width of the panel on the left side of site pages in admin view. I would like the ability to make it more narrow, not just hide or unhide it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide secure FTP to Resources folder, WebDav is too slow and unreliable

File upload via the main files 'widget' is slow and cumbersome, and WebDav uploads are very slow, and often unreliable. Secure FTP should be straightforward to implement, and would make life much simpler when managing large numbers of files.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restricted Pages - Show as grayed out

It would be nice if a restricted page showed as grayed out so when people aren't logged in, they can see what pages they cannot get to until they log in. See wafla.org. Right now we have a member's only section that can only be seen when the member logs in. It would be good to show people that aren't members yet or our current members that can't find the tab because they aren't logged in.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text Scrolling/Slider

I have been using a jQuery content slider called "bxslider". This however is now causing the "My Profile", "Invoices and Payments" to not display anything. As a workaround I am using the Wild Apricot Slideshow Gadget. I am taking the texts I wish to display, and saving them as a png file via Power Point. Maybe not the most efficient, but I need something up in a hurry and this worked. A big disadvantage of this method is that you can not have a link in the text, and not very scaleable.

I would like to suggest that Wild Apricot…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove tooltips from the menu bar

To me the tooltips are not useful on the menu bar because the tooltip simply repeats the name of the menu item
    http://screencast.com/t/X2gdxssSFJg
    and worse than that, often obscure items in the menu below.

Is there any positive impact they are supposed to have?

If not, I would vote to have them removed (or made possible to remove) in the next release of the system version.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recent additions to web site

It would be great to have a "recent additions to web site" feature that would simply use advanced search on modified time to list all recent changes to web content.

"Recent" could be an admin specified time interval (e.g. the last week), or more advanced, all changes since the user last visited the site.

In this way, folks could discover new web pages that had been created or modified, in addition to existing capability that just shows new forum posts and news items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Icons/previews for page templates or master templates

We're considering a small improvement that would add previews/icons of page templates and or master templates instead of the current drop down list.

But before we invest time/energy into researching a solution and developing it, we wanted to confirm if any users actually had problems with the existing dropdowns during their initial setup or for regular updates.

Any comments for or against this change would be appreciated!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add automatic links to "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page" (siblings)

I have a box on each page with links to other pages, and currently the options for automatic links in this box are:

Of course, I can add links manually.

Often, however, I would like to be able to add automatic links to the other child pages of the parent of the currently displayed page (for instance, under "Members Only" parent, I might have a half dozen child pages, and would like to provide automatic links to these pages in my little helpful box).

Can we have an option "Subpages of Parent of Currently Displayed Page"? This would be really…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change UI for "Date" Field Type - show separate year, month and day selection

In developing a membership registration form for our website, I am looking to include a "Date of Birth" field. However, the "Date" field type appears to only allow one method of entering a date. In our organization, there are many members who are older, and for whom the date entry requires navigation to their respective year of birth, which presents difficulty due to the method of data entry, and the propensity of our older members to be uncomfortable using computers.

(Admittedly, the calendar default of starting on today's date does lend itself to certain types of fields, like booking hotels…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow parent-child relationship and ordering for Non-Menu Pages

My Wildapricot Membership Backend is getting MESSY! I am not able to organize "Non-Menu" items to have "children"

Is there something in the works where I can create a page and then create SUBPAGES that are Not Menu Items?

When I click on Reorder my Pages, it only allows this functionality for Menu Items.

Thank You

Angel

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Preview website and forms as they look for visitors or members

I'd love to see is a preview that shows the page without outlines, and other components from the editor so I can see the page as a user would (Think the "Preview page" option in Word Press). Sometimes we notice little things about spacing, positioning, etc. that are easier to see in a full layout and not as much when there are borders and artifacts.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have merged several similar suggestion together – they all about previewing various site functions from members perspective. For example, wen pages, registration and application forms, etc.

19. Control access level for specific gadget on a page - e.g. show some gadgets to specific membership levels only

Improving the process of restricting/allowing access to 1 screen.

Currently it is a complex process that often results in unanticipated results . . . or inability to properly configure that ultimately requires technical support. The process is not intuitive.

It is not easy to manage access to a gadget by membership level and/or group when a gadget is on a page that may or may not be restricted by membership level and/or group.

Allow setting permissions and access by membership levels and/or groups for pages, and for certain gadgets on one page. And make the selections obvious and intuitive so…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. List of gadgets on the page

I've discovered that it's possible to get a layout to the point where you CAN'T access certain elements because of other placed elements in the way.

So, I need to get to the settings of my Login element. I can access ONLY a small amount of the right edge - just enough to click "delete", but moving past that, and the selection switches to a placeholder next to it - so I can't access to the gear to get to settings!!

What to do??

FEATURE REQUEST: when you're editing a template/page, have a LIST of gadgets on the page and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base