Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark multiple invoices as paid at one time/Batch payment recording

It would be helpful to have a check box for all invoices so that multiple could be selected and marked as paid without having to open each individual invoice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual invoices with different product and services

would be useful to have different product or services to add to invoicing. Member may use other services (not necessary events) and Club should have the opportunity to invoice it with option for payment conditions. (transfer, direct debt, card or paypal, for example)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a manual invoice to be flagged as a membership invoice.

When a member has come out of sequence on billing, requires a billing adjustment, or when a member attempts to pay many sessions in advance, it is often necessary to manually adjust that member's membership term and to issue a manual invoice to reflect that adjustment. Unfortunately manual invoices for membership do not show up in the Income Report as membership related income.

This proposal is to allow an administrator to flag an invoice as membership related so that it will properly show up as membership income for the Income Report.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Recording multiple payments

When recording multiple payments, have the ability to get back to the list with one key stroke. I go back to Dashboard, then back to finances to record the next payment. There has to be an easier way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Download only paid invoices into Quickbooks for Cash based accounting

I would like to download only those payments that I have received for invoices into quickbooks instead of all invoices which unpaid invoices are treated as A/R. I have some members who may decide not to renew so they don't pay the invoice, so I have to go back to my QB to void the invoice--extra work I don't always remember to do! Downloading only those paid invoices gives me only cash basis accounting instead of accrual.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Manual Invoice Dates assigned by Date Range

The system should be able to assign a Manual Invoice an Invoice Date of my choosing. The configuration would be:

Begin End Invoice Date
    25-Dec 25-Jan 25-Jan + current year
    26-Jan 24-Feb 24-Feb + current year
    25-Feb 26-Mar 26-Mar + current year
    27-Mar 29-Apr 29-Apr + current year

As an example if I am creating a manual invoice on 1/15 they system would the use Jan 25th as the invoice date on the manual invoice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. have some sort of flag that could be used for invoices, ie a check box or color

If we could have a color to show the difference between paid invoices, processed invoices ie invoices that we have actioned or transferred to our accounting package. At the moment we transfer Paid invoices from WA to the accounting package and have no idea when looking in WA which ones have been done and which haven't. Another package we used to use had color coding which was very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Invoice Details - Comments for Payer BOX

Box is limited to 200 characters - suggest increasing to 300 AND installing a counter so we can see where we're at.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for Including just Invoice Number in Receipt Customization

It would be great if when customizing the payment receipt template, I could use a macro such as {InvoiceNumber}, which is not available. Caused a real issue for a client who sends tax receipts in Canada, because this is a CRA requirement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full refunds for fully settled transactions

Please improve the refund process.
    We take credit cards for attending our events. If a person later cancels and a refund is approved, it becomes quite confusing to record the transaction correctly. First, I find the item. Then I go to the 3rd party processor (not PayPal) and set up the refund to the credit card. Then I return to WA. I can locate the paid invoice, cancel settlement and refund the total amount. I do not see a button labeled Refund as described in the Help text, so I Save instead. Under Payments & Invoices, the original transaction shows…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. settle all invoices when recording a single payments

Offer a "settle All" button.

When someone pays for multiple items with a check, I have to settle each invoice separately. If they are paying for all events with that check, it would be nice to have a "Settle All" option to settle all items in the pop up box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. have a clear 1 page report that shows the name, event, amount paid, & address of the attendee.

If I need to send a refund to someone (via a check), I have to print a page with their name, address, and amount they paid for our bookkeeper. The way the system is currently set up, I have to capture a screen shot to get all this information on 1 page to print.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Accounts Receivable Report for selected period

The AR report only provides the current picture. If I do not remember to run it on the last day of the month it must be contrived by deleting any income and invoices. Enabling this to run for a selected period just like all the other reports would provide for correlation/proofing with our books and allow for historical comparisons that tell us if our collections are improving/lagging/meeting our goals.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Discount coupons for recurring payments

I would like to see coupons that place a permanent discount on a recurring payment membership price.

To be clear, I am not asking for a coupon that will only affect the cost of a recurring payment for a limited time. For example, normal price is $5.00 recurring monthly, but with coupon code the cost will be $4.00 recurring monthly for the duration of the membership.

Coupon codes are a huge marketing tool and should be available also for a recurring payment only business like ours.

Thank You

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Credit Memo for Invoice

Can this be done?

We have an event - it's cost is $450. member signs up, invoice is produced and the member pays $450. - nice and clean

Then, for a host of reasons, the cost is reduced at a later date by $80 and a refund check is issued. I want to issue a credit memo for the $80 so the member has this on their account and then we record the refund check issued and the account is back in balance.

The net revenue for this event is $370.

How can we do this?

Thank you in advance,

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Event Registration to NOT create invoice

We are not using the financial components of WA and do not want event registration to create an invoice.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Situations and scenarios for not using financial module

In our 4.3 release back on Dec 14, 2011 we have changed payment workflow - it now always goes through the following steps:start the transaction (e.g. event registration), fill out appropriate fields, confirmhave the invoice generated and displayed on a special page which lists full history of invoices and payments, highlighting open invoicespay for this invoice right away - or proceed to another transactionBefore 4.3 release, people had no ability to see invoices, only administrators was able to do it.

New workflow resolves many frequent requests we had, including: People can pay for several invoices with a single paymentThey can…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow admin to record membership recurring payment starting from next renewal period

This may be specific to auth.net which we use. If one wishes to start recurring payments the apricot/auth.net process requires the initial payment to be made at the time the recurring payments are launched. We have run across multiple instances where we wish to start recurring payments at some point in the future but not credit the member's cards now. For instance we just had a case where someone had recently paid to join via check but for future payments wished to pay by credit card; Our alternatives are for the member or ourselves to remember to set up recurring…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. MYOB integration

It would be fantastic for Wild Apricot to integrate with MYOB as it does with QuickBooks. Thank you!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base