Wishlist

Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Batch print/email Account statements

I would love to have a statement section that is easily batch-emailed to members/contacts who have past due individual balances.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re collecting comments and votes for now, no actual development is planned so far

2. Importing payments from QuickBooks online

An extremely useful feature would be the ability to export payment data from QuickBooks (including the online version) into WA. Many of our corporate members pay by check, and currently we have to manually update WA to reflect those payments. That shouldn't be necessary.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access to income report detail/Drill down reports

When I create a monthly income report, I get aggregate figures for events and membership types. I would like to be able to create a monthly report, and then be able to see all the transactions that went into that report. I don't find a way to do that. I CAN get a list of transactions for a certain time period, but that screen is limited to 50 per page. A very annoying limitation. I would like to see them all, and have them in a searchable file, which I could also download.

Mark Rougeux

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tax (HST) on Extra Charges as an Option

We have a situation where we need to charge HST on our club membership fee but not on a required pass through fee from an umbrella organization. It is a required fee for members. Currently it is implemented as an extra charge but there is no control over its tax status ie applying a tax. In this case there is no HST applied to the $35.00 fee but there is for our club membership fee.

Can you suggest a work around?

It would be great to have the extra charges fields have an option to apply taxes or not.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Volunteer credits

I know that allowing redeemable discount coupons is on the wish list, but what about also acommodating volunteer credits (e.g. points or credits earned for volunteering) that could be used according to criteria established by the organization e.g. 20% off a membership renewal?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Payment due date for manual invoices

I would really like to be able to add a "payment due" date in a specific field when raising a manual invoice.

When creating an invoice, this would appear as a date field to complete. It could then be inserted into the invoice template using a macro. For convenience it could deafult to invoice date +30 days (for example). Although some companies might have standard payment terms (eg pay within 30 days of invoice date), we need to be able to give a specific due date for every invoice issued.

However, it would perhaps be most useful for reporting. When…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple invoice templates

I search the forum, but I can't find anything regarding my situation...so I am posting it here. If there is a similar post and you can point me towards it, I would be greatful.

I guess my first question would be - can we create more than one invoice template? I have a template set up for new members and existing members who renew. This all works fine as I have the {Payment_Instructions} set up so that they make sense for these types of invoices. The instructions thank them for their membership payment and goes through some other 'membership' specific…

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can we have an option to create and send a pdf of the invoice

We are getting requests from event attendees for a pdf or a hardcopy of the invoice as organisations won't accept an email as an official invoice

thanks derek

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Financial Reporting: Break out extra charges

Anytime Memberships are reported out, maybe not at the high summary level, but at the indivdual membership level I would like to see a breakdown of membership fee vs. extra item fee (e.g. In July I had $500 of membership income, how much was from elite level, how much from regular level, and for each, what percentage is membership fee and what percentage is extra items).

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide event name on Financial documents

When using the Financial tab, it is difficult to tell the source of the transaction, other than the general "event registration". For events, it would be extremely helpful if the list displayed the name of the specific event. Now you have to open the transaction to see which event it is for.

This problem is even more apparent when viewing open balances from canceled registrations ---- WA does not record the source of the cancelation (except within the specific event). And since the invoice is deleted on cancels, there is no record in WA of the actual DATE of the…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import of historical financial transactions

From a client message to tech support:

===

Is there a way to import the financial data that has been accumulated in our current system into Wild Apricot? I am specifically looking at gifts/donations, membership amounts and event ticket purchases over the past 5 years, with dates and dollars. We would prefer not to lose that history if we transfer over to your product. I was able to find the discussion about importing the member records, but I wasn't able to find the topic of importing financial records covered in your help guides. If you could point me in the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More flexibility in specifying tax treatments of items is needed

On membership invoices, some extra charges are taxable and others not. E.g. dues and initiation fees are taxed while stock fees are not.
    Also some events are taxable and other events are not.
    While I can specify prices to be inclusive of tax and not apply taxes to entire invoices, this make accounting much more difficult.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email Auto Reminders for Other Open Invoices

Would like options to set auto emails for open invoices other than just membership invoices. ie: events and manual invoices created when open for 30/60/90 days etc. the system should auto email the invoices again. It is too cumbersome to expect users to manually send each one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flag Accounts with Open Balance

Not allow registrations for anyone that has an open balance on their account exceeding a certain dollar amount

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create custom invoices for each event

Create custom invoices for each event

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let Admins "un-void" an invoice

We ABSOLUTELY need to be able to resurrect/"un-void" invoices that have been expired. It is possible that a member mails a check and it arrives after due date, but I will honor the post mark if it is before the deadline. I want to be able to "un-void" an invoice, and not need to generate a new one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simplify sending out invoices

When I send out an invoice it actually gets sent rather than the page not loading and me having to retype out my email and send it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Assign income codes to financial transactions

It would be helpful if Wild Apricot offered the option to automatically assign a certain transaction type with an income code.

We currently add the income revenue buckets that we use to the transactions on a monthly basis, and this would save us a lot of work!

It would be helpful if, for example, we could assign all revenue from membership dues for both new and renewing members to "4100 - Membership Income"; all revenue from monthly programs to "4200 - Program Income", and so forth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. hyperlink in manual invoices

In generating a manual invoice you can not include a hyperlink to a page in your website to refer the member to for further information.
    Grant Sheehan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Print watermarks on invoices

Some organizations create hard copies of invoices for accounting. It would be beneficial when printing invoices to print out the Paid or a VOID watermark on an invoice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Wishlist

Feedback and Knowledge Base