Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

96 results found

1. Section Divider - allow "Use In" setting to restrict where it appears

We have several different member types - e.g., Candidates who submit to be published, and Subscribers of various types (electronic, print), with future disparate types to be added. The groups will have fairly different applications and fields, and thus different Section Dividers.

I'd like to be able to specify when a Section Divider appears on an Application -- by Member type so that it never appears on an application for the wrong group. (Just like you can for other Membership Fields.)

With just two main types of applications so far, I have been able to avoid this by shuffling the…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Notify admin if a member updates their profile - fields, notification or privacy prefs

Have my website email or text me if a member updates his/her record.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to make common fields readonly

It would be very helpful to be able to add a common field which can be changed only by the administrator, but still be seen by non-members or members (depending on what options have been selected under common fields). This way a rating could be input by the administrator, without being accessable by the member, but still be viewable by anyone.

For example the admin adds a new common field called 'Ratings' - Options set at 'for administrator access/input only' - Others access set at 'Anybody'- this would allow the administrator to manually add a rating to a member as…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enforcing 'terms and rules' field acceptance

I would like to be able at member login to force members to agree to Terms and Rules if they have not already done so. Also, if Terms and Rules change, set the checkbox to unchecked so as to force all members to agree again.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select records by email engagement stats - e.g. percentage of emails opened

I'd like to be able to list some subset of members and include a summary of their email activity in the listing. In other words, I search on active members in a geographic area and want to know how many of them have opened at least 25% of their emails. The only way that I know to do that is to tediously access each member's record and click on "Email settings and log" and then write down "74 sent, 43 opened, 18 clicked". Since the system tracks this statistic, is there any way to list it in a search result.…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Select 'all except'...

Some time ago suggestions were solicited from users. I asked if the advanced search could enable the exclusion records that meet a given criteria. This would make things much faster, as often one wants all records that are this, this and this, but not 'that'.

Apparently this was a good idea that would be acted upon.

When?

AMY SILVERSTON

Amy.Silverston@btinternet.com

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One to Many

We currently have a flat file record for each member, and a one to many for events, invoices etc. A member can attend many events. We are a not-for-profit car club, and we run around 75 events (competition events on racetracks and social events) per year.

Our members have a one (member) to many (cars) set of information. They may bring one car to a competition event and onother to a social event. So, I created 6 fields: Vehicle 1, Vehicle 2 up to Vehcile5, and then a Field “Which Vehicle are you bringing?”. Some members have 1, most have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Condition-based display of fields for multi-level questions

I would like to request creating a way to display a registration field based on a previous field selection.

For example, If I have the question "Are you interested in learning about this committee?" If the answer is yes, I would like a second question to display. If the answer is no, I do not want the second question to display.

I've been told this is not a current feature in Wild Apricot but think this would be very useful for membership, registration and donation forms.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have Address field type - e.g. to auto fill city based on ZIP or to validate address

Is it possible to have someone put information in one field of their contact record and then have that information automatically fill in another field?

For example, on our website we are asking for City and ZIP code. Considering how poorly some folks spell the name of their location, I have a drop-down listing of all the cities/towns in WA state. I also have the ZIP code that is assigned to that city. I'd like people to enter only their ZIP code and then have the website automatically enter the name of the city based upon that ZIP code.

I…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe the best way to address this is to have Address as a special type of field which gives a set of fields to fill in. Admin then can have many addresses (like Home, Work, etc.) for contacts and the system will know how to handle this kind of field – including convenient data entry with converting ZIP into City, etc.
    I renamed the idea to have Address in title

10. Redesigning setup of Common vs Membership Fields

It would simplify setting the database up if all fields were in one list, and "Common" was an option of the field. A simple check-box - "show this field on all forms" or something like that. It would reduce the churn if you wanted to change a field, and would just make things less complicated.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Autoincrement option on the numeric field (e.g. for bib numbers)

Another vote for a numeric field option. I would really like to have an autoincrement option on the numeric field, with configurable start/seed value. It should be available as a contact or event field. A nice-to-have would be a range of excluded numbers.The field should be available for macro insertion in event emails.

Our application for this would be to generate bib numbers. We have a few large events per year that would benefit greatly from such a feature.

Anthony S.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change type of the database field, e.g. from event to common or from event to member-only field

It would help me so much if we could easily move fields from the membership area to the contact area.

We just started using the events feature, and found that we had no way to transfer the information they filled out in the event application to their membership profile. We realized that we need to move a lot of fields from the membership profile to the contact fields, but there is no easy way to do this.

Thanks!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automate finding duplicate contact/member records

Is it possible to have a "check for duplicates" button? The only way I've been able to find them is to manually scan the contact list one by one, transfer info, and archive and delete the dupe.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change Balance amount field into actual searchable amount

It would be VERY helpful if the "Balance amount" field were a Count type, allowing for search operators "Great than or equal", "Less than or equal", "Equal to" and "Not equal to".

I want to be able to select certain membership records based on the balance amount, and use that search as basis for email.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Function to duplicate fields

This is a prime example see attached image. The primary registrant has the option to choose from these options. I want to be able to dupe the field and call it "additional registrant 1 fees", "additional registrant 2 fees", "additional registrant 3 fees" and so on. Because the additional registrant would have the ability to choose a different option other than "primary, add 1, add 2, or add 3". The list attached is long and spending the time to rekey this list for 4 additional registrants takes a long time (hind-sight drop-down). So by duping and renaming any of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change Checkboxes for fields with Radio choice in Advanced Search - e.g. Membership level or Status

Hi guys,

I love the advanced search feature, with one exception. The "Radio Buttons" field should be searchable like a checkbox field is. This is the search for a radio button field:

Whereas the checkbox search looks like this:

I think they should have essentially the same options. There are some questions that I do not want members to have the option to choose multiples of - for example region. They can only live in one region, so I do not want them choosing 3-4 regions.

However, I'd like to be able to run a search for those who are…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Member group administrators / supervisors

How about giving individuals the ability to renew at different times within the bundle rather than all at the same time? With flexible status, renewal dates and individual payment ability etc.. Would make our setup much more manageable that way... We have members in every county across the province, where different rates are charged in different counties. We would like to have 11 administrators across the province who can admin their own regions (bundles). That way all admins wouldn't have to see every email from every new or renewing member. We could make regional folks bundle admins with the members…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Database Fields Custom Validation - e.g. regular expression, IBAN Bank number, phone

While I am pleased with the site overall, it's clear that it does lack some features that I consider essential, although not critical.

One such feature is field validation of database records.

Currently there is very limited field validation.

I would request more robust import and user entry field validation capabilities to keep data clean. Without this capability, the database very quickly starts to contain garbage fields.

For example, currently a user may enter their phone number in any format they choose, including completely invalid phone number entries. The same is true for zip code fields and others.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Simplify contacts and saved searches - easy rename or update searches, combine Contacts and Members tabs

would like option to rename: sometimes after you've done a search you realize that a different name would be better or you make a minor change to the query.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re looking into this request in much broader context – we want to simplify overall management of contacts, lists, saved searches. Saved search should be perceived as smart lists and provide quick access to various contact and member groups.

20. Finding primary company contacts (or bundled administrators) using the simple search

Our Membership managers want to locate primary company contacts (or bundle administrators) using the simple search screen.

When you have a many bundled administrators with many linked (or children) records. It’s difficult to find the primary member contact (or bundled administrator). I know you can use advance search but this involves extra steps when searching on a day-to-day basis. In our case bundle administrators are the primary member contact which is used frequently.

The functionality is relatedly simple, in fact works exactly the same as finding an system administrator.

My suggestion for the Contacts / Simple Search page is to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base