Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Condition-based display of fields for multi-level questions

I would like to request creating a way to display a registration field based on a previous field selection.

For example, If I have the question "Are you interested in learning about this committee?" If the answer is yes, I would like a second question to display. If the answer is no, I do not want the second question to display.

I've been told this is not a current feature in Wild Apricot but think this would be very useful for membership, registration and donation forms.

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rose OleaRose Olea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    jhilljhill shared a merged idea: Relationships (rules) between fields  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: Ability to show only certain membership field based on previous field chosen  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug ArmstrongDoug Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great! For example, we do a dinner and we ask folks how many guests they will have. Based on the number of guests=X, I would like to present X menus for them to preselect meals. Perhaps we are doing an event and there are X guests per registrant and each get a shirt, need to be able to as X time what size shirt we need. This is a must have.

• Mike FeltonMike Felton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that Wufoo is a great example of how to do conditional form construction. It would make membership joining forms shorter by being more intelligent.

• Becky JennBecky Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES YES YES!!! I've been begging for this for years. Our member signup forms need to be smarter. For us, we could have a third of our current membership levels if only we could make the signup forms smarter. Our forms could also look about 1/3 shorter, but members have to scroll past fields that don't pertain to them, but are necessary for some members (e.g. Child #6 Name, Child #6 TShirt Size, Child #6 Medical Conditions...). Wufoo.com has great rules/logic/conditions that can be added to forms that are just one way to do it.

• jhilljhill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to have fields interact and have rules between fields. For example, if you change field X, it automatically adjusts field Y, or you can't enter data in field Y unless you have data in field X.

• MichelleMichelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issue:

Certain fields are tied in to a 'parent' field. Need to be able to create a function in which only certain fields will be an option for the member to choose if they have chosen a parent field.

For Example:

If parent field value is "A", second field value can only be "a,c,e"
        If parent field value is "B, second field value can only be "b,f"
        and so on and so forth.

Currently, this is how it is showing:
        if parent field value is "A", second field value can be "a,b,c,d,e,f"

• BaderBader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support having conditioned fields upon type of answer or choice of related prior field or fields.

• Kerrie-AnneKerrie-Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely. For us it would be most useful in event registration forms....., but I expect it would be great to make membership forms a bit more clever!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7