Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

385 results found

1. Supplemental Yearly Charge for Life and Honorary Members

Right now at no additional cost we allow members (yearly, honorary life, life members) to choose between printed paper or pdf for our quarterly newsletter and membership directory.

It appears easy enough to set up an additional fee with yearly renewal membership, but we'd like to add this feature to life and honorary memberships where they'd receive a renewal notice for paper ($) or PDF (free).

Is that possible? Any ideas for a work around

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Members  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make Member Since field available in Member Directory

See note below. Our members would benefit to learn when everyone become part of our organization. It offers continuity and a since of longevity. I contemplated just creating a field, but that was too easy, so I decided to add this to the wishlist to see if others agree and it would save me the time to create the field and maintain it since it is already a system fields. Do all of you agree?

Albert,

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to show the Member since system field in the member directory http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+directory . If you could post this…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enhancements for Groups functionality

In our 2.36 update we have released Groups functionality - ability to organize members into groups - such as 'Board of Directors', 'Volunteer Committee', etc. These groups are independent of membership levels - one group can include members from different levels. These groups can be used to keep track of member participation in committees, restrict access to website pages to a particular group, or for advanced searches and emails. Seehttps://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Member+groups

We are contemplating a number of possible further enhancements to this and would love to get your feedback.
    Here are our initial ideas:

1) Group moderators. Group moderator is a…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve interface for adding people into Groups

When you go into membership settings - group managment - manage participants -

You can pick a group you want to edit the participant for that group. You have two lists on the left hand side you have the list of participants for that group, on the right hand side you have a list of all members so you can quickly add new members to be participants of that group. All good.

My suggestion is to have a drop down box with a list of data base fields above the right hand box (all members list) then you can pick…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Member access option in membership fields

Could you add an extra "Member Acces" option in member fields? We like have the following options:

Member Access
    -Edit
    -in own profile
    -in level change
    -in application

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Member to member messages

Current behavior:
    Currently one member can contact another only outside of the system - and only if that member has disclosed his contact information (email/phone)

Desired behavior:
    Members should be able to contact other members right on the site, without having to expose email addresses

Notes:
    Messages can be forwarded to member emails - or displayed to each member when logged in.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. invoice search

I would like to be able to export my Member List with an added "invoice date" choice. That way I can easily sort for those who have paid since the last time I mailed membership cards sicne we have year round renewals and 1 and 2 year membership levels. Right now the "Changed Member Level" and "Date Joined" or whatever don't capture them all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customize how Member ID is generated

Is there a way I can designation a "starting number" for the member ID field? For example, if I am setting up a new membership database and I would like our member ID numbers to begin at 500.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prohibit sending message from one's own profile

I am writing as a webmaster who must deal with confused members. Currently when a member is on the web page to edit his/her own profile, there is an option to send a message. There is no clue shown as to whom that message will go to, but I am quite certain it will only go back to the sender. That seems like a useless thing to do, and one likely to create confusion (because the member is likely to erroneously believe a society officer will see the message). I'd like to see <SEND> removed from the edit profile page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notify admin about new members

It would be great to have a notice (to the admins) that is in your face when you login and there is a new member. Maybe there is a way to do this and I missed it. Either way, I have to be diligent about checking if there are new members when a pop-up or something at the top of the page that stands out would be better. :) Thanks for listening!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow custom codes to membership levels like the events.

Need a sponsorship page that is like the join us page and sponsorship level form and fields that allows you to add predefined amount levels and an ala carte level that the sponsor can put in their own amount that they would like to contribute.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Filtering & Restricting Groups for specific Events

We have had a request by staff that they wish to filter certain Events to a restricted group of schools.
    Therefore, we are seeking an upgrade by Wild Apricot to please include a Filter with a drop down box of individual SCHOOLS be available when creating new GROUPS and when the MANAGING PARTICIPANTS option is chosen - similar to the current “Search” option available in the CONTACTS ADVANCED SEARCH tabs where there is the ability to refine the search to School/Organisation from a drop down box.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Facilitate Levels with end dates for organisations which have a closed season

Sports seasons often run for part of the calendar year e.g. soccer in the UK runs from September to April with a closed period from May to August. At present monthly recurring payment plan levels can be set up with a start date ok but have no facility for setting an end date. Ok this can be got around with a manual export of membership data in April, modification of the file, and reimporting to stop the payments, but this could create some member confusion. The ability to input a stop date at the time of creation of a monthly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow configuration of Group administrators to approve their team's membership applications

A sports club usually has several teams (i.e. groups) within it, each of which will require periodic renewal and new applicant approvals. Each team is managed by an individual manager who is ideally placed to authorise renewals and new membership applications for his/her particular team. When a new applicant applies for membership of the club they are required to select the appropriate team on their application form (e.g. age group). This application should then ideally be emailed to the actual team manager for acceptance / refusal rather than having at present to be processed by the overall site administrator(s). The…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display checkbox edits & results in columns, rather than one neverending list

I have certain fields with MANY entries (over 200) and members who often will select all 200. I can't have individual drop down lists, because to have 200 dropdown lists is unmanageable and looks way too complicated. The next option: to have checkboxes. However, the way the system is, when members edit their profiles, they are presented with a huge vertical list. There is SO much white space to the right that could be used to make the presentation more professional, so that one doesn't have to scroll through 3 pages just to get to the bottom of the list.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically prompt someone to sign in or create an account

It would be a GREAT upgrade to the software, if instead of the software rejecting a sign in when someone has not yet created an account (as happens currently) that it instead gave them a message that they must have an account and sign in before they register. The screen should simply give two options - sign in or create and account. This would save a ton of confusion and multiple phone calls from customers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable field Alphabetizing

I need to be able to alphabetize membership fields. For example, our organization has chapters in a small but growing number of states. In order to have an alphabetical list, I moved the names of the fields around, only to find it scrambled my records because of the index values associated with the fields. There has to be a way for you to develop something that lets users rearrange the fields without losing the index values associated with them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Selected values should also apply to Internal Use fields

I have a custom drop-down field for my members. You have a nice feature that allows me to define a Selected value for new members. That's great, but why does that only work for public fields? I want to have my drop-down list for internal use only, but for some reason your code doesn't apply the selected value isn't public. Why? Would you please allow the selected value to work for internal fields, too?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Proper Text capitialization

Set up text fields for proper capitalization, forcing first letter capital, others lower case.

While you are at it, allow some fields to be required information, thus not allowing them to be skipped.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Member List Sub Categories

Members > Summary > Member List

Every month we run a report and then remove the levels that are not part of the active membership metrics, like Administrative, Lifetimers and Guests. This takes lots of time every month.

Would like to sort the levels with a drop and drag motion into separate categories (renewals, admins, new, board, student, non-members) with sub totals instead of one long list of all the levels.

See attached rough example.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?