Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Automated workflow for event cancelation

It would be nice to have a feature that cancels an event. In our case, we have over 100 attendees for an event tomorrow we are canceling due to icy roads.

Without a "Cancel Event" feature, I have to manually cancel every registration for this event so that the members do not owe a balance OR so that an already paid registration can be applied to a future event.

The "Cancel Event" feature would generate an e-mail going to all attendees notifying them that the event has been canceled. It would also automatically cancel all registrants.

It would be really nice if the e-mail could be different for online & offline attendees. It would be great if it had a macro for current balance, so that we could say in the e-mail, "With this event being canceled, you do not owe the event fee and your current balance is $XXX" , or "With this event canceled, you now have a credit to your account in the amount of $XXX".

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

SWEAtlantaSWEAtlanta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Green TeaGreen Tea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if there were an option to cancel an event and have it appear in the upcoming events with a big red slash that says "cancelled". My only option currently is to delete the event so someone goes to the website and thinks "I could have sworn they had this event coming up". I want the viewer to know that the event was cancelled.

Most of our events don't include registration.

• SWEAtlantaSWEAtlanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another task this feature could accomplish is refunding payments. You could have the option to "refund all payments" or "keep payments as an available balance". In the case of our event tomorrow we decided to refund all payments, so again, I'm going one by one and refunding each (then we'll also have to go one by one in PayPal).

If there was a way that someone could log-in and see their available balance (a personalized link when they log in to the members-only section?) then we would have gone with the available balance approach. But, since people can't access their own finances, we had a feeling we'd be bombarded with questions and just decided to refund all.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7