Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Make it easier to find events when creating a new copy [12527]

When adding events its pretty brutal to add a past event, i have to search the website and click a couple times to find the box, and past events show up as well.

Catagories
    Searchbox,
    show Past/Current (checkbox)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Restricted access to documents and images (member only files)

Current behavior:
    If users have a direct link to a file, they will have the ability to download it (i.e. page permissions are not inherited by the files on those pages)

Desired behavior:
    Restrict folders and the files in those folders by membership/administrative/group level

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team CMS responded

Hi, supporters!
    We are excited to announce the launch of the “Restricted access for folders” feature. It is currently available for use and we are closing the wishlist thread. Thank you for your patience and feedback that help us to make this feature most useful for you.
    Here’s how it works:
    - You now have the ability to set permissions on folders. All files and subfolders inside are automatically assigned the new access level.
    - When a new file is uploaded into this folder or sub-folder, it is automatically assigned the same level of access.
    - Within the restricted folder, the administrator is still able to change the access level for individual files and subfolders.
    - The new functionality is also available in the Insert resource dialog.

3. Limit for Guest Registrations

With events you can now set up Registration types that can allow multiple of "guest" registrations. At the present time the only limit put on the number of guests is as part of limiting total registrations for events.

However, some clients have mentioned that they would like to limit the number of guests who can come to an event. I can think of two ways to do this:
    * Limit total number of guests for the event - If you don't want more than 50 guests, then you set this limit at the same time that you set the registration…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Membership Trends Reporting

Retaining your membership is important to your organization. While Wild Apricot gives you the ability to do automatic renewals and send out reminders for non-automatic renewals, some have suggested that it would be handy to be able to report on this.

Suggested
    Create the ability for administrators to be able to run reports on renewal rates for members.

The important thing for this is that we identify what information should be in the reports. At first blush, I can imagine:
    * In a year, how many renewals were done before the renewal date, on the renewal date, and then certain…

323 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Dmitry Smirnov responded

Membership trends report is available now. You can compare how your membership base changes over time and how it affects the organization’s revenue.

Historical data is available from the beginning of 2020.

See this help article for details https://gethelp.wildapricot.com/en/articles/1718

More reports will follow.

For any changes in reporting, please create a separate topic.

5. Limit number of event registrations for each registration type [1328]

We desperately need the ability to limit registrations by the registration type. For example, we will have one event where there is an upper and a lower draw. There is room for 10 players in both draws.

Right now all we can do is say that the max number of players is 20. But that means we could get 15 players in upper and only 5 in lower. So we have to keep an eye on it and go in and manually close the type and hope we do it at the right time. We need this to be automatic.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Random sort order on member directory [5310]

Currently:
    Member directory pages apply a default sort order to the members listed on them. We are currently working on a way to proves ascending and descending sort orders to the lists

Requested:
    Some have asked for a random order applied to members each time the directory is loaded. This would be so that no one person or entity (like a service provider or an advertiser) would be listed at the top or bottom of the page all the time.

We have had a few requests for this. We'd like to get your feedback on it: How many of you…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow discounts for membership renewals

We'd like ot offer discounts at renewal time. We are not set up on automatic renewals. We did set up discount codes.

Is this feature available? I can't find the topic in the help files and when I process a renewal I don't see a field for discounts anywhere in the renewal process or the shopping cart during checkout.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New Gadget: Featured Member [15728]

Gadgets have become a very popular addition to Wild Apricot, and we've loved seeing the ways in which you've used them and also recommended new ones.

One of the recommendations is for a Featured Member gadget. We'd love to hear if this is a gadget that would benefit you, and if so how you would use it.

As it stands now, I can imagine the following features on it:
    * Choose a specific member to feature in the gadget for a set period of time. Or use a saved search to choose a random member to feature
    * Feature one…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding share/like buttons to blog posts and events

I recently bought event tickets, after my purchase I was offered the option to post the event on my facebook wall. Is this an option we can add for our members after they register for events?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Smartphone access (iPhone,Android etc.) - for admins

Any chance we could see an iPhone app for Wild Apricot? We'd love to be able to check our members and event info that way?

Actually, I personally would prefer an Android app for my phone. But I'd be happy to get an iPhone app for my iPod Touch as well.

Anyone else interested?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 5 year renewal period

Currently:
    You can set your membership levels to review every 1,2 or 3 years (in addition to the renewal periods defined by months.

Proposed:
    We have seen a couple of requests for 5 year membership periods. Before we work on implementing this, we'd like to know how many organizations would benefit from having these renewal periods.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create contacts for guest registrations

Currently:

You can set up your events so that a registrant can also indicate if they are bringing guests and enter information about them for your event records

Suggestion:

You may want to leverage the guests information in areas outside of the event. In this case, you would want guests become full contacts, which does not happen the way the system currently operates.

There are a few things we'd like to get your feedback on with this feature:
    * Would you want guests from all events to become contacts automatically, or would you like to have that feature set up…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow default on for Display Attendees list

Our members love the new feature that displays the names of the attendees for an event. However, often they miss the box to check off. Also when event managers enter them manually, they often miss this. I would like the ability to set the default for this as always on (and others may want always off) by event, since I spend a lot of time correcting entries so that the names appear. Then if someone really doesn't want to be listed by name, then can check the box off.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. variable costs for events and membership as a price multiplied by a number [2942]

Currently:
    N/A

Desired:
    The ability to charge dynamic membership dues. Currently you can do this by creating extra cost fields and assign different costs to different choices, but some organizations might have very complex formulas. For example:

An organization might charge their corporate members per employer per year x $16.50 per head. However, they may have a minimum annual dues of 40 employees x 16.50, and a maximum annual dues of 400 x 16.50. There also may be an annual facility fee for each corporate member $100 per facility with a minimum of one facility and a maximum of five.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Gadget Displaying Most Recent Members

Currently
    N/A

Desired:
    The ability to create a widget that displays the most recent people who have joined your organization.

This is handy for alumni groups that might want to put a widget on their institution's website showing the most recent people to join as a way to encourage others to do so. Or they may be running their own site and using Wild Apricot for membership management and embed a list on their public website.

When developing this we would have to consider how to make sure that people could opt out of having their name shown on the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Report or export event registrations across all events

I can't be the only one doing this. I award participation points for my club. I'd like to be able to see on-line or pull a report showing ALL events that an attendee has participated in for a given period of time (IE monthly, annually). The information is all captured I just need a way to pull it out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Event Registration Types with From AND To dates [8815]

Hi,

Our club hosts races which are announced many months in advance. We provide a sliding scale of pricing for each event regisration type, based upon how soon someone signs up. As we get closer to the event the amount goes up.

This strategy typically requires that we set up our event types such that there is an introductory race (until some date), followed by one or more periods of price increases (each one is scheduled to run from some date until another date), followed typically by a period of a week or two prior to the event when registration…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export limited to certain fields

When I export members records into XLS files, I would like to choose which fields to export. Now I have to spend time customising the XLS file by deleting columns I don't want. Could we have the option to choose the required fields?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Discount coupons for membership level upgrades

I have offered a one-year free membership to my new membership site users using a 100% off coupon that I created. It works pretty slick, when the new member signs up, the space for the code is right at the bottom of the sign up screen.

However, when a "free" member wants to convert to a paid membership using the coupon- the coupon code spot not there. Can you please add it to this form?

thanks!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Way for external systems/people to check Membership Status of our members

How would I create a way for individuals to check a member's status either by their name or membership number? I would not want these people to have access to any other information other than the actual members name, membership number and status.

For example

To check a member's status - complete the follow fields

First name ___________________ Last Name _______________________

or

Membership Number: ____________________________

Submit

example return

member: John Smith

Number: 273837383

Is there currently a way to do this?

thanks for your time and attention!!

David