Type in your suggestion - new feature or improvement idea

Track Full Discounts along with Partial Discounts

Many clients have contacted us about our current handling of discount tracking.

So I created this post to collect some ideas and keep the conversation going.

Currently situation...
* Full discounts (i.e,. 100% of membership price) are not tracked in the discount reports. Suggestion:
* Track these discounts along with other partial discounts.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Frank aka Fresh ApricotAdminFrank aka Fresh Apricot (User Experience, Wild Apricot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Rick KernerRick Kerner shared a merged idea: Need Discount Coupon added as an email MACRO field.  ·   · 

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick KernerRick Kerner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Yes, exactly. I need a way to track "100% coupon" usage. We offer coupons for 100% discounts on Membership for those in job transtion. Since WA currently does not track 100% discount coupons:

a) Please add Discount Coupon Type as a Macro to Default Membership Emails. So, at least when I get email copies of new members, I can see how they registered.

b) And please turn on Discount Coupon Tracking when using coupons at 100%!

Thanks,

Rick

• MaiaMaia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently working on redoing the discounts so that the discount codes used in membership applications could be used elsewhere in the system. Part of this work is to reflect 100% discounts in the financial documents as well. We are in analysis and design stage now.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We offer a coupon that lets people get their first year of membership for free. Because coupons can only be used on a non-recurring membership we have a separate membership level for $25 with a $25 coupon (not everyone qualifies for the coupon). Because it is a 100% discount, no invoice is ever created and thus we have no way of tracking coupon usage... there needs to be a way to do this. Thx!

Hi Fresh Apricot,

OK, now it's been YEARS. PLEASE make 100% discount coupons trackable!!

Thanks,

Rick

• macacwebmacacweb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also a volunteer organization that offers free membership and event participation to increase participation for a group that does not have funds to spend. It is critical that we are able to track usage. There is a third party willing to pay the balance but I am unable to give them a number to work with. Very frustrating.

Absolutely! Here's why:
        * We offer 100% free memberships (for one year) to potential chapter members who are in transition (out of work)
        * We're offering 100% free memberships (for one year) to members from another chapter that went out of business

I need to track who is (and how many members are) taking advantage of these discounts!

Thanks,

Rick

Please add Discount Coupon as an email MACRO field, so we can use and see it in a system email.

For those of us who offer 100% discount coupons on membership, this is the only way we can track them for now.

Thanks,

Rick

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Wild Apricot Inc. 144 Front Street West Suite 725, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5J 2L7