Skip to content

Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

392 results found

1. Adding share/like buttons to blog posts and events

I recently bought event tickets, after my purchase I was offered the option to post the event on my facebook wall. Is this an option we can add for our members after they register for events?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Integrate Facebook Connect login option for members [9204]

Would you consider implementing Facebook Connect? http://developers.facebook.com/connect.php So that people can log onto our websites as members using their Facebook account information?

The next step would be a Facebook App that could then feed information into our members Facebook notifications areas!

Kevin

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Restrict access to files for different admin roles

Well I'm going to be announcing our new site to our organization this week. We're going with the community plan so that each of 12 teams will have their own page that they will manage. Many are low tech (like looking for the "any" key). I pushed to get the community plan so that we could do this. I loved the feature that you can give access to one page to one person or group. Ultimately I'd like each user to be able to have their own page if they want.

I created an account and gave admin access to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use real content with ability to select different contacts in test emails and emails preview

I would like to see each event to include its own email templates and have it set up so that when you send yourself a test email it actually shows you what will go out to the email recipients. Recently we sent out an email that included a macro and we didn't realize that macro contained info that was already included in our email. Because the test email sent out dummy text for the macro section, we didn't know we had duped info until a member sent us a copy of the email.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Events responded

Seems that the most number of comments were solved by our latest release 5.12.
    The preview mode for all system emails, including event emails, now displays actual data in place of macros.

See help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.12

5. variable costs for events and membership as a price multiplied by a number [2942]

Currently:
    N/A

Desired:
    The ability to charge dynamic membership dues. Currently you can do this by creating extra cost fields and assign different costs to different choices, but some organizations might have very complex formulas. For example:

An organization might charge their corporate members per employer per year x $16.50 per head. However, they may have a minimum annual dues of 40 employees x 16.50, and a maximum annual dues of 400 x 16.50. There also may be an annual facility fee for each corporate member $100 per facility with a minimum of one facility and a maximum of five.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Registration Cancellation Emails

Hi,

1) If I delete attendees from an upcoming event, WA does not notify them with a registration cancellation confirmation notice.

2) If I delete a whole upcoming event, WA does not notify any existing attendees that the event has been cancelled.

Can you add these as feature requests?

Thanks,
    Rick

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Event Registration Types with From AND To dates [8815]

Hi,

Our club hosts races which are announced many months in advance. We provide a sliding scale of pricing for each event regisration type, based upon how soon someone signs up. As we get closer to the event the amount goes up.

This strategy typically requires that we set up our event types such that there is an introductory race (until some date), followed by one or more periods of price increases (each one is scheduled to run from some date until another date), followed typically by a period of a week or two prior to the event when registration…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Control availability of member self-service renewal function [10549]

I recently had a Free Member on my website renew their membership to 2012. They simply kept pressing the renew until button in their Profile. I would like a limit put on this button (eg 1 x year).

Thank you kindly,

Katie

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow admin to lock privacy settings on certain fields

I have been fooling around with this option and reading up on it and don't think I can accomplish what I want. But let me run it by you gurus first.

I pay for our WA site and thus users are guests in my "house" and participate at my will and by my rules. Therefore I do not want people to be able to do things anonymously on the site. For example, I don't want people to be able to turn off public access to their name and therefore their Discussion Forum posts show up as "name is hidden". Sure,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adding event title to invoices that related to an event

I've found frustrating is that in any list of invoices, the event (or events) that the invoice pertains to isn't given. The only information is "Event registration", which isn't too specific. A user can click into each invoice to look at it, but when managing a large number, this can be very time consuming.

Thanks.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Selective 'Include name in list of event attendees' by default [11717]

We use WA for our club members to register for our weekly meetings. I occasionally hear complaints about how many clicks it takes to register. One member asked if I could make the checkbox that says "Include name in list of event attendees" default to selected. I told him the software does not allow me to do that.

How about in the Event Details page if there were a way to indicate whether the checkbox for "Include name in list of event attendees" would default to selected or not.

Thanks, Mark

UPDATE FROM KERNEL APRICOT (JUL 2013): while the question…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customizable 404 page (Resource Not Found error)

Currently
    If someone mistypes an address on your site, or clicks an old link to a page that you may have deleted they get a standard blue "Resource not found" error. While there is a "home" and "back" button to take people either to your site or the referring page, there is no branding on it as well as any identification that this goes with your site.

Desired
    In the same way that Wild Apricot lets you create a customizable Authorization required message for people who try to access content that is in a Restricted area, have the ability to…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Group Directory Gadget

I'd like to be able to show the members of a group on the group's page. I'd probably want to just get the full list of members for my group because there are usually fewer than 20 members in a group. The home page for the group would have an event gadget (show just the group's events), a forum gadget (showing recent posts for the groups discussion board) and a member gadget (showing all the members of the group)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow default on for Display Attendees list

Our members love the new feature that displays the names of the attendees for an event. However, often they miss the box to check off. Also when event managers enter them manually, they often miss this. I would like the ability to set the default for this as always on (and others may want always off) by event, since I spend a lot of time correcting entries so that the names appear. Then if someone really doesn't want to be listed by name, then can check the box off.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Events  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show most recent forum comments on top [4124]

I would like to see the most recent comment on a topic at the top of the list, rather than having to scroll down through "old" comments to see the most recent post. This may already be possible, but could not find a way to change the default behavior. Almost every other forum I have ever used puts the most recent comment at the top.

Thank you.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Forums  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invoice Report to show both initial Invoice and Payment Date?

Can we get under Finances, under Invoices, a way to get the Invoice Report to show both initial Invoice and Payment Date? Or to get an Invoice Type filter on the Payment Report?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Finances  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Gadget: Featured Member [15728]

Gadgets have become a very popular addition to Wild Apricot, and we've loved seeing the ways in which you've used them and also recommended new ones.

One of the recommendations is for a Featured Member gadget. We'd love to hear if this is a gadget that would benefit you, and if so how you would use it.

As it stands now, I can imagine the following features on it:
    * Choose a specific member to feature in the gadget for a set period of time. Or use a saved search to choose a random member to feature
    * Feature one…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Gadgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 year renewal period

Currently:
    You can set your membership levels to review every 1,2 or 3 years (in addition to the renewal periods defined by months.

Proposed:
    We have seen a couple of requests for 5 year membership periods. Before we work on implementing this, we'd like to know how many organizations would benefit from having these renewal periods.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Members  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow control of blog module privileges by groups

Is there a way to enable groups to have read, write and comment privileges for the blog module? Right now, I believe that blog privileges are only enabled by membership level not by groups.

Is that correct?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email Preferences on Contact or Membership form - e.g. to support CASL (Canadian Anti Spam Law)

Can I include the email preferences on the Contact or Member and/or Event form? I want people to able to set these options when they sign up.

As I understand it, when someone new signs up for an event, a contact record is created and the email preferences in that record are automatically enabled--without the person's knowledge. The person can later go in an changes these settings and/or unsubscribe.

However, when they register for an event, I would like to give them the choice to opt-in to receiving emails blast, rather than have email preferences turned on by default, and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Emails  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Team Husky responded

Hi dear supporters,

Over half a year ago we released new functionality for those who would like to be compliant with CASL. There is now a functionality in WA allowing to ask for consent and collect the data of when the consent was given. But the sections that deals with the private right of action, meant to come into force in July 2017, have been suspended. Thus we also put the further development of this functionality on hold.

Thanks for your support.
    Have a great day!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base