Tracking on-site registrations and actual attendance 
Wild Apricot assumes that mos attendees will be pre-registering online and does not provide any special functionality for on-site registrations and attendance tracking. It is still possible to handle that in the following way:
- record on-site registrations and collect payments. Record attendance. (We assume that you will do it on the piece of paper instead of directly into the system, though this is possible as well).
- enter all onsite registrations manually via admin backend using 'Add attendee' button. (You might want to add a special registration type 'Onsite' to make reconciliation easier)
- add option buttons field to the event registration form, e.g. 'Attended?' Yes/No
- Now go to each registration and set this field to proper value
This works but is not the most convenient way to do it.
Functionality specifically tailored for entering onsite registrations and attendance. Specifically:
- a way to record how exactly the payment was received for each onsite registration
- a way to record attendance on a list of people, instead of going into each record.
- ability to filter/export attendee list by onsite vs. pre-registered; attended/not
Released in 5.1
Erin Fae commented
We still need a barcode for checkin
Excellent. I cannot imagine we are the only team/club using your system that needs to track attendance. Can you tell us how to track our 150+ members who attend 12 weekly workouts using your system? Thank you.
Good to hear WA has attendance tracking, since we cannot be the only team/club using your system. Can you direct us how to best use your attendance tracking feature to track our 150+ members attending 13 ongoing workouts/week-you know, like checking in at a health-club, sports team or class studio? Thank you.
Attendance tracking was implemented in version 5.1, a year ago.
We've been asking for attendance-tracking (we are a team with 13 weekly workouts) since we signed up for WA years ago. We have heard "it's on our mind" and "something we're thinking about" but have not gotten attendance tracking-or even a workable suggestion on how to implement it ourselves with the API. We did, however, get a massive 30%-plus price increase.
"Tracking on-site registrations and actual attendance" - Published in version 5.1 on 31st of July.
See 5.1 release description http://help.wildapricot.com/display/DOC/Release+5.1 on help and other wishlist threads affected by 5.1 release.
Mike Gunn commented
Unless I am missing something, the one feature still missing is the ability to check in people at an event via a laptop or tablet.
We still print out a list of attendees on paper and use that to check people in.
It would be so much nicer to be able to do it on-line so payments that are due and the like could be done all at once.
Mike Gunn commented
The "final mile" of event management is what frustrates me.
After doing everything online, at the day of the event, I need to print out a copy of the people registered (unless I am missing something).
It would be really great to be able to use laptops or tablets for electronically verify and check people in.
Katie Fritz commented
At the least:
1. Add "attended" or "no show" information to each registration.
2. For no-shows, have the option to refund their payment or keep it (It would also be nice to have this option for people who cancel ahead of time).
3. Have attended/no-show status show up with the event when viewing a contact's Events history (so it's easy to spot habitual no-shows).
4. Be able to filter for attended/no-show in the Attendees tab in an Event.
I also like the idea of a more sophisticated, mobile-friendly check in feature (hiding people after they've checked in so you only see the people you are waiting for), but that's not as important to me.
Right now I add this data (attended/no-show) manually in Internal Notes on the event registration, which works but involves a lot of steps and takes a long time for larger events (100+ attendees).
I posted a year ago, but since you asked...
Would like to bring up a list of registered attendees. A checkbox next to each one on the list. Option to toggle all checked or unchecked to make it faster. Check all that attended and hit "Save".
Now I can report on who attended, who didn't attend, and can send follow-up emails to all attendees or no-shows as I wish.
Shelbi Hoffman commented
We need to track people who have attended a specific event. I set up a multiple choice field for each of our events under the Common Fields and added the choice of "Yes". When a person actually attends an event that they registered for, we mark the "Yes" box corresponding to the event. This is done through the Event Registration form. However, we have noticed that this information does not seem to carry over to the Contact Database because we are not able to get an accurate search on the event fields when accessing records via the Contact Database. Please help.
Great insight, thank you!
I track actual attendance in an Excel spreadsheet. Ugh. My purposes: I need to know who is a habitual "no show". Ideally, the attendance status (just a simple yes/no will suffice for me) will appear with the event information in the member record. The member record already shows the event, registration type, amount and status. One more column that shows attendance would help me see the individual's attendance pattern.
I occasionally have to perform a continuing education search for a single member. Someone will call me and say "I need a letter that shows all the meetings that I attended between x date and x date." The events the member registered for are listed; again, if attendance was recorded and showed up here it would provide all the information I need to prepare the letter in very short order. The good news is the system currently shows me which events they registered for, but I have to go back through my offline records for each event to verify the person was actually in attendance.
In the individual event, it is beneficial to see how many actually attended as an indicator of the value of the particular topic and/or speaker to our members.
I support four different organizations and each one would benefit from this enhancement.
Thanks David. Detailed examples like this are very helpful.
Pre-registration looks good. Our major tasks would be:
* Check-in members who pre-registered so that we have a record of who attended, and live count of attendees. We currently use iPhone and iPad apps from another event management software for this which are easy to check off members from the list of pre-registrations.
* Register walk-up attendees -- we will always have a few walk-ups that aren't able to pre-register. We need to be able to include them in the count. Our current solution allows us to swipe a card or type in the number or take cash, type in name and email, and click to register.
* Throughout the meeting I can check a live dashboard for the current number of attendees and see who is missing from the pre-registrations.
We are designing this now and would appreciate any details/examples of how this would ideally work for your organization.
We would like this functionality also. Adding a field to the event after the event occurs so that users do not see it; then updating each member record is tedious.
We have released many other enhancements in the meantime. We currently track over 2000 various requests - so there is no guarantee if/when a particular one goes into development.
In looking at the back history, this conversation has been going on for about 5 years....How long does WA need to respond to users requests??????
Katie Fritz commented
When I cancel a registration for someone who didn't show up (so my attendee totals are accurate), the system wants to refund their payment. We don't refund payment for no-shows. I'm not sure how to handle this. A "did not attend" button would solve the problem.