Wishlist

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easy way to insert links to system pages like member profile pages

I could really use an easy way to link a member's name to their directory profile. I have a lot of pages where I list a committee chairperson's name or an officer's name as in "See Sue Smith for more information." and I would like to put a hyperlink on 'Sue Smith' that takes the user straight to Sue's directory profile so that the user can find her contact information.

Right now, the only way I've figured out to do this is to log out as an administrator and log back in as a member. Then go to the member…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Table color choice window does not have the pre-defined list of colors

I love how the color picker windows have a list of colors at the top that go with my theme - very easy to make it look good. However, this is missing from the color picker window for a table. It would be nice to have it there instead of having to go into the HTML code just to make the colors match.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More current look and feel

Updating the website templates so they look and act like its 2017.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accessibility Features (Section 508)

Would like to request accessibility features to be added to the site's templates including:

FORMS:

Add label tags around the form's labels, and associate the labels with their form fields using IDs (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#labels)

Group form controls using fieldsets and legends, where appropriate (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/forms/screen_reader.php#group).

NAVIGATION:

Add a "skip navigation feature" to allow keyboard users to skip over the navigation menus, when they are tabbing thru links on a page. (explanation: http://webaim.org/techniques/skipnav/#focus).

These features would make the sites more accessible to disabled users (people who cannot use mouse, blind people using screenreader software, etc) and help make…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change the label for the button 'Public view' to read 'Regular view'

When any member who has been granted any level of admin rights logs in, they have the option to switch into 'Admin view' by clicking the 'Admin view' button at the top right of their screen. Once in Admin view they see a button labeled 'Public view' at the top of their screen - but since they are already logged in clicking that button will not give them a 'Public view' - rather they would have 'Regular view' which will still display content to them that the public does not see. To have a Public view, they must log out.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Event systems pages

Please consider adding the functionality of additional event details and event registration systems pages. We run events that require completely different logos and branding from all of our other events; it would be beneficial to be able to create separate pages for these.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return to recently used folder after inserting file or image

When I insert a file or image into a webpage and then go back to insert another, I'm always returned to the topline "resources" folder. I would much prefer to be returned to the folder in which I had last been working -- as I am often adding more than one item at a time, and they are all in the same folder. As it stands, I need to navigate through the entire folder system each time I insert a file or image.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Website / Content  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change appearance of membership application gadget, when member is already logged in.

The current view that a logged-in member has of the membership application gadget looks like a broken link or an error. We would like the option to change the error graphic, and/or modify the text. Photo attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allowing webpage admin's to make/change content

Making it easier to add specific webpage admin's who can add/change/delete content on their "own" pages (eg Section Directors of various disciplines)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AUTO ADJUST TABLES CREATED

Could you also include "auto adjust" tables created? I cannot see the entire table created within the template parameters while accessing through mobile phones.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Third-party agreement for image licensing

Squarespace has an agreement with Getty Images which allows users to license images for use on their site. The images can be used in watermark version until you are certain they will work for you and then the procedure for licensing them takes about 2 minutes. My organization relies on volunteers and I am a non-professional charged with doing our website. This has been a tremendous help and a great selling point for Squarespace.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for .nwc and .mid files

We are a choir and would like to upload .mid and .nwc files to our website so that our members can access and download these files. The website for Noteworthy player is noteworthycomposer.com. Please can these files by supported by Wild Apricot. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expand your base of potential customers

Don't limit yourself to memberships. Publishers, like me, are adapting WA as a content management/paid subscription management tool

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank responded

This is really interesting and something we have thought about in the past. Would love to hear more comments from everyone.

14. list the anchor names on the page

When linking to an anchor link on the page, the list of assigned anchors should show enabling me to choose the right one rather than remember what I named them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Amend background colour of system buttons

Ability to change the background colour of the Login, Register, Cancel etc buttons in the System Pages, we are using the Firma theme.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. House Pages on Own Domain

Ability to have pages on your own domain or the ability to add pages as iframes to your own pages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MAC problems image management

I wish, I could work with photos when editing our news from my MAC. Under the help section all I found was : warning these functions are incompatible with safari and MAC
    I can not control the placement of a image in a row or get the text to wrap properly. The gal teaching me how to do this over the phone though I was waco because of course it was working fine
    on her machine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Frank responded

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

19. Allow to switch back to legacy template

Allow switch back to my previous legacy template and restore previous website

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show the "Changes History" button to any admin on pages where they have update rights

Our club runs 7 related programs and as webmaster I've given restricted access to all 7 program directors to manage content on their own program pages. But the Changes History button is not visible to any of them. Apparently that very helpful feature is only available to Account Administrator with full access. It would really great if they could restore old versions of their pages when they mess something up, but currently they have to call me and ask me to do it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base